Can anyone help please - PCOS?

scrunchie

Reaction score
Hi,
Not sure if I should be posting in here. Apologies in advance if I'm out of order. :cry:
Was just really hoping for some help . . . some hope . . . some positive advice.

Haven't been TTC that long but was hopeful some1 could help? [-o< :help:

Began TTC in november. Came off the BCP after 8 years.
Had on withdrawal bleed, then a 47 day cycle followed by very light 2/3 day AF, then . . . nothing. I am currently on cd90. 2 :bfn:

Went to the doctor today.
I have to say he was brilliant, very thorough and I was very impressed with how he treated me.
He thinks I may have polycystic ovary syndrome. I was okay when I left the surgery, and upbeat when I told my husband on the phone . . . have gone downhill ever since! :cry:
I feel devastated. I know it's not the end of the world and that doc may be wrong but I’m still worried.

Doctor said he could give me something to kick start AF but he didn't want to just in case it would make things worse.
He's referring me on to a gynaecologist.
Gynae's secretary 2ring me 2mro 2give definite date.
Just wondering if anybody has any experience of this and what can I expect?
Will my fertility be hugely affected? Is there anything that can done? :shrug:

Any advice is greatly appreciated. :help:
Thanks

Hiya,
You're not alone! I'm waiting on an appointment for a scan for possible pcos and feel exactly the same as you! Will be keeping an eye on this thread for more info! Good luck to u x

Hey scrunchie

You are definitely not alone your experience is almost exactly the same as mine!

I came off BCP in June 08 after 9 years. First cycle = 47 days, Second cycle = 94 days currently still on 3rd cycle - it is about 160 odd days at the min!

Convinced GP to send me for an ultrasound in Nov as felt something was wrong although she really tried to persuade me against this saying she was sure it was just the BCP getting out of my system! Anyway ultrasound showed up PCOS in Nov last year since then have done the following:-

Jan - first appointment with consultant at the hospital - she prescribed Metformin to try and regulate cycles and sent me for further tests (including Semen Analysis)

Feb - had to stop taking Metformin due to side effects

Mar - Had Hycosy to check tubes ok - all clear!

Apr - follow up appointment with consultant. Blood tests confirmed PCOS discussed Metformin side effects and was prescribed clomid for 3 mths - next appointment July

I am also trying the PCOS diet although I don't need to lose weight it is supposed to be good for regulating ovulation.

Hope this helps!

Hey, I was diagnosed with PCOS 10 yrs ago. Started TTC 2 years ago so currently under fertility clinic. Please dont worry as lots of women have PCOS - Just some worse than others and there's lots of treatment available. I've been researching it for years so if u need any advice, please feel free to ask. x

kat08 and kstan,
thank you so much for your haelp and advice.
:witch: arrived today after 98 days so i'm delighted.
at least i have something to work with now.
fingers crossed my cycle will just go back to normal . . . i really hope!!!!
hoping for :bfp: this month
best of luck to you all x

At least it's arrived and you know where u are in yr cycle. Hopefully things will go back to normal now for u. Keep us posted on what happens. Good luck x x

hi I have pcos and was diagnosed about 2 yrs ago and had been ttc for over 3 years when I got my unexpected bfp after a chemical on cd60! I had tried metformin and couldnt use it anymore as it tore my stomach up. we did clomid for 6 cycles and nothing...I finally decided that my weight was the biggest issue as I had gotten pregnant with my son with no effort (I was much smaller then) so I went on a diet and exercised and lost 40lbs resulting in normal periods and ovulation for 8 months straight. I also used vitex up until I got the first bfp that resulted as a chemical as my period came early and heavy with pain. then I skipped a period and ended up pregnant now Im at 9+2 weeks. I really believe that the weight loss and vitex (plus I took cinimon pills) is what got me to where I am. but it is very possible to have babies with pcos you just have to find your way of controlling it. I wish you the best of luck on getting your BFP!

I too have PCOS, and TTCing. Would you guys recommend the Agnus Castus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->