Can anyone shed any light on my situation?

Hufflepuff

Reaction score
I missed a birth control pill, which was on the 5th of September, ever since then I have been experiencing early pregnancy symptoms like:

cold/flu symptoms - stuffy/runny nose & eyes, sore throat
Cramping
Bloating
sore back
sore on my lower left side
Mild breast tenderness sometimes in sharp and they feel heavy
Waves of nausea
Very Gassy
headaches
numbness and tingling in arms
feeling very hot

I bought pregnancy tests but managed to hold off until my period was due which was the 20th of September (today) as I usually wake up with AF the day its due, I took the test straight away with first morning urine and it came out negative...

There was still no sign of AF until about 5pm but it was very very light (barley any) and watery and a bit brown and muscusy very unusual for me...

I don't know when I ovulated but I have had sex on the 5th, 12th and 19th of September...

I don't know if this implantation bleeding, is it too late for that as it is the day my period is due, wait a few days to another test...

I am also wary as I am due to start a pill packet on Monday do I if I might be pregnant

any help would be very very much appreciated

Thanks you :)

I have also had food aversions and constipation at the moment I feel like I am to get sick any minute

I got pregnant while on the pill this time. I never missed a pill, but looking at the dating of my pregnancy, I managed to somehow ovulate at the very last week of one pill pack and I technically got pregnant in my week between packs. My positive test did not show up until a week after that.
If I had known, I just wouldn't have taken the pill at all anymore. But things ended up being fine for me to just quit taking it. If you think you might be pregnant, I would advise not starting another pack until you have a period and finish it or until you get a positive test. When I went to my doctor, she told me that when I didn't have a period in between packs, I should not have started on a new pack. I should have waited for a period to start and finish first.

This pregnancy happened after the morning after pill x

With DS I was on the pill and ended up with him. Not that I mind of course. I bleed for half a day when my period was due and that was it. So that wasn't normal. I took a test the day I was due to start the next packet and it came back positive. I would wait and retest in a few days. It isn't advised to take the pill if pregnant so I would miss it and contact the gp and see what he says. Remember though you won't be protect if your not taking the pill

I'd wait a couple of days and retest. With my first LO I tested the morning of my missed period and the test came out negative, but the symptoms were there! I waited 4 or 5 days and retested. Hope this helps, good luck!

I wasn't on the pill but I had red/brown bleeding (not heavy) on the day af should have arrived, and it turns out this was my implantation bleed, took a test 5 days later and got a very strong bfp. So I must have ovulated around day 21ish (which sometime I do) good luck x

Hmmm this is reassuring, this morning when I woke up it was heavy but the colour was different than normal and now its gone back to being light which is very unusual for me. Guess I will have to wait a few days and figure out if this is AF or not.... Thank you for your help x

I wasn't on the pill but I had red/brown bleeding (not heavy) on the day af should have arrived, and it turns out this was my implantation bleed, took a test 5 days later and got a very strong bfp. So I must have ovulated around day 21ish (which sometime I do) good luck x

Hmmm this is reassuring, this morning when I woke up it was heavy but the colour was different than normal and now its gone back to being light which is very unusual for me. Guess I will have to wait a few days and figure out if this is AF or not.... Thank you for your help x

I'd wait a couple of days and retest. With my first LO I tested the morning of my missed period and the test came out negative, but the symptoms were there! I waited 4 or 5 days and retested. Hope this helps, good luck!

Thank you for your help, I guess I will just keep waiting eek

With DS I was on the pill and ended up with him. Not that I mind of course. I bleed for half a day when my period was due and that was it. So that wasn't normal. I took a test the day I was due to start the next packet and it came back positive. I would wait and retest in a few days. It isn't advised to take the pill if pregnant so I would miss it and contact the gp and see what he says. Remember though you won't be protect if your not taking the pill

Thanks for the advice! I am just confused if this is AF or not because it's being so unusual for me and then all the symptoms I have been having!

I got pregnant while on the pill this time. I never missed a pill, but looking at the dating of my pregnancy, I managed to somehow ovulate at the very last week of one pill pack and I technically got pregnant in my week between packs. My positive test did not show up until a week after that.
If I had known, I just wouldn't have taken the pill at all anymore. But things ended up being fine for me to just quit taking it. If you think you might be pregnant, I would advise not starting another pack until you have a period and finish it or until you get a positive test. When I went to my doctor, she told me that when I didn't have a period in between packs, I should not have started on a new pack. I should have waited for a period to start and finish first.

I am just so confused if this AF or not because it is is being so unusual for me at the moment, it was heavy and odd colour this morning and now its back to being light and I am feeling very nauseous at them moment... along with all the symptoms...

Guess I will keep monitoring it and take a test in few days.. Thanks for advice...

I have also just noticed tiny little bumps on my areolas I haven't ever seen before

If this is AF I am experiencing, is it possible I could still be pregnant as the pill doesn't give a "true" AF

I have also just noticed tiny little bumps on my areolas I haven't ever seen before

If this is AF I am experiencing, is it possible I could still be pregnant as the pill doesn't give a "true" AF

Well, I think it is possible. After reading some of your updates, it sounds like it could go either way right now. I knew my period hadn't come because even my bleed between packs lasted a good 3 days and was a consistent bright red bleed. This time, that didn't happen. If your bleeding stops or basically only lasts 1 day, I would still consider pregnancy a strong possibility. And I would just wait a few more days and test again. As long as you don't have sex during the next week, it won't matter if you start the next pill pack a week later. Your cycle will just match to when you take the pack.

Well, I think it is possible. After reading some of your updates, it sounds like it could go either way right now. I knew my period hadn't come because even my bleed between packs lasted a good 3 days and was a consistent bright red bleed. This time, that didn't happen. If your bleeding stops or basically only lasts 1 day, I would still consider pregnancy a strong possibility. And I would just wait a few more days and test again. As long as you don't have sex during the next week, it won't matter if you start the next pill pack a week later. Your cycle will just match to when you take the pack.

Hmmm it still doesn't seem normal for me, so I guess I will see how tomorrow goes and just lay of the pill for next week and take a test in a few days just to be sure.

Thank you so much for your help..

Another fact could be if you went on a new pill? I doubt you have, but just throwing it out there

They say everything happens for a reason right ;-) x

This is very true, I think I will feel disheartened or disappointed if I'm not, having experienced all these symptoms for the past two weeks, didn't know this something I actually wanted..

At the moment I had no bleeding during the night and only experiencing some when I wipe and it kinda looks like the way it would at the end of a my normal AF, its all very confusing

any advice on when I should test again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->