• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Can anyone shed some light on IUI odds?

Official test day is Saturday (23rd January) if :witch: doesn't get me before then. I'm a complete wreck to be honest. I can't bear the thought of seeing yet another :bfn: and just want to know either way. I'm day 28 today and my cycles are normally between 28 and 30 days so if you get a spare second think positive for me!!!!!

:dust: and :hugs: for everyone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Smurfette - Fx'd for you!! So you had your IUI on Jan 6th? Are you going to start testing before 23rd? BABY DUST!!!!!!!!!! x

Yeah, IUI on 6th. Probably won't test early just because I couldn't bear another negative test. It's dificult but going to try and hold my nerve until Saturday!!!

Thanks for the dust lovely
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Honey! I'll be thinking about you the next few days and hoping that the damn :witch: stays away from all of us!! And I know what you mean about seeing a :bfn:. I don't even test anymore because I can't bear the thought of only seeing one line. Fingers crossed and lots of :dust:

Hi Smurfette. I am thinking of you and hoping you have a little bean snuggling in! Keep us posted. :) :dust:

Smurfette - I totally understand what you mean about horrible bfn's. I'm really hoping this will be your month!!! :)

hopesforababy - are you doing IUI this month?

Yes, I am doing IUI for the second time this month. I had it done on the 10th. What about you Joli?

I'll be having IUI for the first time this month - I'm on Gonal-F right now, and hopefully should be ready for IUI around 30 Jan - 2 Feb. Unfortunately, I have ovulation problems and DH's sperm have poor morphology, so we're hoping this will help!! I think it's so fantastic that you are TTC after everything you and DH must have been through last year. What day will you be testing? I'll keep my Fx'd for you! :)

Any news ladies? hang in there those of you waiting to test and lots of babydust!

Smurfette, it's your testing day!! Any good news??? :)

big congrats to al u pregnant ladies. This has given me hope, we have unexplained infertility and are giving clomid a go for 3 months and then after that we're trying IUI, our consultant said there's a 10-15% chance with this, not sure why this is less than you guys have reported. Anyway just to say you have given me hope.

hope you all have healthy pregnancies

xx

Hey Mrssunshine - best of luck with the clomid! I think there's a higher chance of success when you have unexplained fertility. I was on clomid for 2 cycles, but that's because I haven't ovulated since coming off the pill. Have you had DH's spermys tested? Mine got his tested, and they weren't great - first test showed very poor motility, and second test had good motility but poor morphology! So we apparently only have a 10% chance with IUI...but that's better than 0%! I hope to hear good news from you soon! x

Thanks all for posting these! I go for my first IUI tomorrow. (I was searching for odds with 3 follicles.) Our big success is that my husband started with 3 million count in September, and his most recent analysis there were 40 million! Don't know if we could conceive naturally now with the change in count, but I'm going to be 38 next month, and he just turned 50 - so, I say, lets increase the odds. (Before I start to see issues - as of now, I'm not having any issues myself, or he starts to get cold feet - because of his recent birthday.)

Thanks all for posting these! I go for my first IUI tomorrow. (I was searching for odds with 3 follicles.) Our big success is that my husband started with 3 million count in September, and his most recent analysis there were 40 million! Don't know if we could conceive naturally now with the change in count, but I'm going to be 38 next month, and he just turned 50 - so, I say, lets increase the odds. (Before I start to see issues - as of now, I'm not having any issues myself, or he starts to get cold feet - because of his recent birthday.)

wow how did he improve his count to 40 million???? my dh started off with 18 million then it increased to 21 million, that was last sept so he is due another test soon....he has been taking wellmans conception & zinc pills everyday since oct & was on fertileaid 4 men from aug-oct. xx

wow how did he improve his count to 40 million???? my dh started off with 18 million then it increased to 21 million, that was last sept so he is due another test soon....he has been taking wellmans conception & zinc pills everyday since oct & was on fertileaid 4 men from aug-oct. xx

Well, his urologist wanted him on both zinc & magnesium. I bought the 1aDay over 50 formula (it was the only one with 100% of the daily zinc requirement) and an additional magnesium only pill. The big change, however, was that on Dec 1 he stopped using a certain substance that is now legal for medicinal purposes in a few states. He had done that recreationally for about 30 years. 6 weeks off it & his count shot up. He also has a physical issue...a botched surgery for 2 undescended testicles when he was an infant. They took one & messed up the other one... We had blamed that for the lousy count, but it looks like it was the "other" thing...which is great, because that's controllable. I'll let you know what the count was when we get back from the IUI tomorrow!

Hey Sophie - how did your IUI go? I should be having mine sometime this week, depending on how my follicles go. I think 3 eggs is ideal - a lot of docs won't even do IUI if you have more than 4 eggs, because of the risk of triplets and quads. That's awesome about your DH's spermys - mine did a count which was really bad, only 14% motility, and then 1 month later, did another test and had 51% motility, 40m count but only 4% morphology. So I have no idea how we're going to go with IUI, but fx'd!

Do you ovulate naturally? I have been on clomid for 2 cycles, and am on Gonal-F this cycle, but my follies seem to be taking forever to grow!!

I hope everything went well for you! :)

So...the update...
We had our IUI on 1/30. His count was 50m after the wash!! I did not feel a thing with the IUI (really...nothing at all...I didn't even know she did it).
About 5 days ago, my breasts started to hurt - alot! That never happens...I finally understand what a bra is for...
So, I'm on my 10th day after that & I'm spotting. This morning there was some very pink blood. I want to say that it looks very different from my usual spotting. But I may be grabbing at straws.
According to regular cycle (that is usually a short luteal phase), I should get my p on Thursday (my birthday!), but the doc said that because of clomid it would be more like Saturday. I hope she's right. When I had my blood checked on Friday my Progesterone was normal level - so no Progesterone suppositories (I think normally at that point its on the low side).
I took a two hour plane ride last night and had a 15 minute massage before getting on the airplane. Now I'm thinking that one of those things messed up the potential pregnancy. Is that crazy??
Here's to hoping its implantation bleeding. Two days ago I was sad because I hadn't had implantation bleeding. Now, I scared that its my period! Why is this so hard?

So...the update...
We had our IUI on 1/30. His count was 50m after the wash!! I did not feel a thing with the IUI (really...nothing at all...I didn't even know she did it).
About 5 days ago, my breasts started to hurt - alot! That never happens...I finally understand what a bra is for...
So, I'm on my 10th day after that & I'm spotting. This morning there was some very pink blood. I want to say that it looks very different from my usual spotting. But I may be grabbing at straws.
According to regular cycle (that is usually a short luteal phase), I should get my p on Thursday (my birthday!), but the doc said that because of clomid it would be more like Saturday. I hope she's right. When I had my blood checked on Friday my Progesterone was normal level - so no Progesterone suppositories (I think normally at that point its on the low side).
I took a two hour plane ride last night and had a 15 minute massage before getting on the airplane. Now I'm thinking that one of those things messed up the potential pregnancy. Is that crazy??
Here's to hoping its implantation bleeding. Two days ago I was sad because I hadn't had implantation bleeding. Now, I scared that its my period! Why is this so hard?
Hope you get your :BFP: Sending you Loads of Sticky dust!
:hugs:

Hey Sophie - I asked the doc about flying after IUI and he said it was no problem. I really hope this works for you - the sperm count and everything sounds ideal! I am keeping me fx'd for you! When will you test?

It actually took me until today (CD24) for my follies to be ready! So I am having my IUI this Friday. We had a holiday to Cape Town, South Africa booked, and because it took so long for my follies, I have had to arrange to have my IUI here!! We will be flying back home at 5dpo, so I really hope flying doesn't affect chances of any potential pregnancy - we will be on a 14 hour flight! I will let you know how everything goes! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"