Can anyone shed some light on IUI odds?

Good luck tomorrow with the IUI!! Must be a challenge to have it in an unfamiliar place... I'll be thinking of you at 1am Philadelphia time (or about then!)

I'm still hopeful that my bleeding may have been implantation bleeding. I still (this is the 3rd day) haven't gotten a proper period and right now all signs say it has stopped. As of this morning, the doc says its not impossible that I could be pregnant. At first they said day 11 after ovulation was too late for implantation bleeding. So, I've already told myself and my hubby that I'm not...complete with crying and drowning my sorrows with a bit of wine. We'll see if anything changes.

The most confusing thing is I'm not sure how the clomid affects your period. Could it be the clomid that's making it wierd? I don't know. Mine is usually predictable & always the same, and this is still very different.

Today is my birthday. When i make a wish blowing out the candles, you know what it will be!

Happy Birthday Sophie!! It is my birthday next week! :) I don't think 11dpo is too late for implantation spotting - if you read online, it says implantation can take place anywhere between 6-12 days, so I don't think you're out yet! I think the only real side effect of clomid is that it can thin your uterus lining, which is why my doc only put me on it for 2 months before going onto injectables. What day does AF usually come for you? I hope all your birthday wishes come true! X

Hi Joli & everyone else. Well, I took a home test yesterday and a blood test today that confirmed that as of this moment, the IUI worked!! :happydance: The spotting continues, so I'm not in the clear yet. The doctor's office has thrown around "chemical pregnancy". But since I am out-of-town this week, we won't be able to check up on things officially until Monday. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing my husband tomorrow after having been away from him all week! It was not fun to be on the roller coaster alone. Looking forward to confirm with more news early next week.
How did your IUI go Joli?

Hey Mrssunshine - best of luck with the clomid! I think there's a higher chance of success when you have unexplained fertility. I was on clomid for 2 cycles, but that's because I haven't ovulated since coming off the pill. Have you had DH's spermys tested? Mine got his tested, and they weren't great - first test showed very poor motility, and second test had good motility but poor morphology! So we apparently only have a 10% chance with IUI...but that's better than 0%! I hope to hear good news from you soon! x

Hi sorry its taken so long to reply!

how did your IUI go?

i've taken clomid this month its messed my ov dates about a bit, should ov tomorrow, but my follicle looks like it'll be sunday at the earliest, more likely monday

hubby had his SA done quite a while ago, but everything looked fine

x

Ooohhh - Sophie, congrats!!! I hope this is a sticky one for you!! I really hope everything turns out ok. Do keep us posted!

Mrs. Sunshine - don't worry about the delay :). Go get that eggy!!

As for me, I had my IUI today!! We were really tired cause we had to get up super early to get to the clinic. DH had a washed sperm count of 15 millon - I am not sure if this is particularly good or not.... FS said 20million would have been ideal, 10mil is no good, and 15mil is kind of in between, so we'll see! It wasn't painful, just felt like a pap smear. How many hours after your trigger shot did you gals have your IUI? Mine was 36 hours, but I don't think I had O'd before IUI since my temp hadn't dropped this morning. Ovaries on the left (with 1-2 follies) have felt very heavy all day, so I think that shows I have O'd. We will BD again tonight just to cover all bases!! ...sooooo hope this will work. 15 million, surely one can find an eggy?!?!

Hi all,

Hope you dont mind me joining your post.
My husband and i are starting IUI. I have PCOS but responding well to Clomid. My husband has a low sperm count of 17mil.
We Had our first scan today, due another on wednesday (i have one follicle on my right ovary that is 13mm at the moment) they suspect that we will have the IUI on Friday.

I just wanted to ask what to expect, i.e what the protocol is for before and after? they said they will go through everything nearer the day but i just wondered now?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanx mel

My odds seemed perfect, and I had 2 IUIs which didn't work. Turns out I had high prolactin levels. I have to wait a month and try again. My dr says he has about 50% success with IUIs and tries 3 times before IVF. Hope this helps!

Hi all,

Hope you dont mind me joining your post.
My husband and i are starting IUI. I have PCOS but responding well to Clomid. My husband has a low sperm count of 17mil.
We Had our first scan today, due another on wednesday (i have one follicle on my right ovary that is 13mm at the moment) they suspect that we will have the IUI on Friday.

I just wanted to ask what to expect, i.e what the protocol is for before and after? they said they will go through everything nearer the day but i just wondered now?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanx mel

Good Luck! I haven't had an IUI but thought u may find this helpful.

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16321.0

Hi Imel - sorry for the late response, I couldn't get online the last few days! That's great that you're responding so well to clomid. IUI is a piece of cake - no BD 48 hours beforehand so that DH's spermys can build up (especially if count is an issue) and then he'll make his deposit, and 1-1.5 hours later, they will put a small cathetar inside you, and it really just feels like you're getting a pap smear. I stayed lying down for 10-15 mins, and it was over just like that. I had no pain or bleeding afterwards. My ovaries were a bit tender for a few days after, but that could be because I have PCOS. My DH's sperm count wasn't great, but wasn't too bad, 15m after wash, but his morphology was only 4%, so we're not that hopeful...but I suppose you never know! I guess we'll find out in a week... As 3yrsttc mentioned, we're going to try IUI 3 times, and if it doesn't work, we'll have to move onto IVF. This was just our first time.

Best of luck tomorrow!! Let us know how you get on!

Yes, it's fast and easy... Just no crazy exercise after. Hope you have better luck than me!

Hi Sophie - has the spotting stopped now?

Imel - are you having your IUI today?

Good luck girls!! I'll be testing in 5-7 days... bb's have been sore since the IUI, but this is quite normal for me around O... no other symptoms yet (I'm currently 7 dpo). Fx'd!

Well the spotting stopped after 3 days, and on the 2nd blood test we found out that HcG is progressing nicely. I don't know the numbers :( so I can't help there. Joli - my first symptom was that my bbs hurt like I have never felt before! The other was that my husband cleaned the bathroom & all the chemical smells smelled really "wrong" to me. I can't wait to hear how your test goes!!!
As far as having the IUI goes, my doctor told me no exercise for 2 weeks...but that was the only restriction. I actually went to work after (which happened to involve sitting down that day, but there were definitely no after effects.)

Aww, Sophie, that's awesome!! I'm on a thread with another girl, and she is progressing nicely, and also had spotting for a few days. I didn't know about no exercise... no gym for me tomorrow! what a great excuse! haha :) I'm worried my bb's are less sore today...think that might be progesterone lowering :( Oh well, I guess I'll know more soon! x

I'm at 10dpiui, and got a BFP!!! The line is faint, but it's there!! I did a test in the morning, lunch and evening with different types of early tests, and all BFP!! This was my first round of IUI! I will get some bloods done to reconfirm, and will test again in the morning. Pics attached!!

Attachments

• Test3 22-2-10.jpg
    Test3 22-2-10.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Test3 invert 22-2-10.jpg
    Test3 invert 22-2-10.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 8
Thanks bigfoot! I honestly had no idea IUI could really work first time round. For any of you reading having your first IUI, there's several girls on this thread where IUI has worked first time round! :)

I have 3 more days until I can test. I want to early test, but since I had the Hcg trigger shot, I can get a false positive from testing too soon. Had the trigger on the 10th, IUI on the 11th, and was told not to test before the 25th or it could be false positive....3 days and counting....praying so hard for my BFP!

Hey wantingmore, I had my IUI on the 12th! I was told I could get a false positive also, but my test was darker today than yesterday! The nurse said that was a good sign of hcg on the rise, so I have had a blood test today, and will probably have another later this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->