Can anyone shed some light on IUI odds?

Never mind hun but I can always answer you if you need any more info.

Quaver - Perhaps injectables would treat you better? Clomid just doesn't really work for some people, honey.

Quaver - Perhaps injectables would treat you better? Clomid just doesn't really work for some people, honey.
I'm on injectables, Clomid CD2-6 & Puregon(Follistim) 75iu on CD6,8,10,12,14.

Follicle scan today did not go well (15mm CD16):cry:
The egg has grown, but really slowly (10mm CD14), so the doctor thinks it is not a good egg. So no IUI this cycle:blush:

Normally ov at around CD19 is not bad, but having had Clomid & injections and having seen how my egg grew previously + my age, better not risk it.

As for the next, at this rate we'll miss my ov, but I asked for some tablets to delay my AF so if it works, I should ov when I'm with DH:thumbup:
We are delaying by about 2 weeks But it'll depend on how slow the egg grows. If it's reaaally slow, then it'll be more like 10 days.

The doctor told me my skin will be really greasy with this AF delaying tablets Anyone had Norethisterone? It's my third time, but not for this long. Usually 7 tabs to induce AF, this time it's 15 days Will I get fat?:haha:

The doctor said no need to use protection while BD, as egg won't fertilize anyway. I start the tabs at around 10DPO:coffee:

Oh... I didn't realize you were doing the injectables as well. Is there a reason they're still starting with the Clomid? I just did Follistim 50IU from CD3-10 maybe? Nothing else with it.

Oh... I didn't realize you were doing the injectables as well. Is there a reason they're still starting with the Clomid? I just did Follistim 50IU from CD3-10 maybe? Nothing else with it.
I don't know the reason, other than that it worked last cycle with 2 follies...
I think I become resistant to Clomid/injectables very quickly:blush:

Hey Ladies,

I just recently went through a MC and had a D&C yesterday because there was pieces left in me that wouldn't come out on their own. So in two weeks I go in for follow-up and to talk to dr about IUI with donor sperm.

I tried to read through all the pages but there was soo many! :haha: What I did read was quiet alot of BFP's! What is the success rate of this? I have severe endo, last surgery was July 1st for it then we got BFP and then MC 10-18-10. We only have our donor until March so hoping this will increase our odds. My dr told me to continue with clomid (100mg) and metformin 500 mg twice a day. Then she said she would do an US to see follies and then trigger shot. Not sure what kind of trigger shot though.

I just want to see a happy light at the end of this dark tunnel. So I sure hope maybe a few of you ladies could shed some light on this for me and give me more hope! :hugs:

Thank you so much and big CONGRATS to the BFP's!!!

Quaver - I hope they sort out how to get things running smoothly again soon.

TntArs06 - Its not much different odds than well timed sex... slightly better though because there are more sperm, only good ones, and they're placed much closer to where they're meant to end up. The odds are about 25-30% per cycle.

quaver - my clinic uses norethisterone to delay af so that they can time my cycle to fit in with their timetable. I take it from cd21 to cd33 and then have a bleed a few days later. I'm sure like every drug the symptoms are different for everyone but I have to say it is my least favorite of all the stuff I have put in myself this last year! It makes me incredibly grumpy and irrational and it messes with my blood sugar terribly so that if I don't eat often, I get really bad shakes. It also makes me bloat like crazy. Fun stuff! I try and cope by drinking plenty of fluids and eating little and often but it is still beastly. I am taking an extra long course this cycle too as I need my treatment cycle to start a week later as I'll be away so I'm going to be on it from cd21 to cd40 this time! Dreading it! I really hope that it is easier on you.

I had my consult with the FS the other day. The good news is that he is happy to refer is for IVF and that there is minimal waiting list so hopefully sometime early next year we will start if this IUI isnt successful. Unfortuantely he wasnt really able to answer any of my questions as it seems they just dont know the answers! My biggest concern was the fact that I am spotting every cycle despite having progesterone and so I have convinced them to let me have some extra estrogen support next cycle, hopefully that will help thicken up my lining and stop the pre menstrual spotting - we'll see!

no time to read back properly but hope that everyone is doing OK and that we get some good news in this thread soon!

It makes me incredibly grumpy and irrational and it messes with my blood sugar terribly so that if I don't eat often, I get really bad shakes. It also makes me bloat like crazy.
Gulp, that sounds terrible, don't think I'd like that. I'd be very busy with work, grumpy and irrational is not good:nope:

Thanks for the heads up:flower:

Hey Girls! :flower:

Fingers crossed, Mars! I really hope this IUI works for ya. :hugs:

How's everyone else? Any updates?

I'm finally getting the ball rolling on my next cycle. AF showed up today (bleh) and I went ahead and had my screening u/s today since my CD3 falls on a Sunday. Everything looks good. The cyst on my left ovary is still there, but my FS still says it's nothing to worry about. So, now I'm on to injectables! Eek. :blush: He's starting me off on 75 IUs of Menopur on CD4-7. CD8 I go in for an u/s to see how well I'm responding and, hopefully from there if I get a mature follie, I'll trigger on CD12 and have my IUI on CD14! I really hope I respond well since I NEVER responded to Clomid. We shall see. :happydance:

Hey Girls! :flower:

Fingers crossed, Mars! I really hope this IUI works for ya. :hugs:

How's everyone else? Any updates?

I'm finally getting the ball rolling on my next cycle. AF showed up today (bleh) and I went ahead and had my screening u/s today since my CD3 falls on a Sunday. Everything looks good. The cyst on my left ovary is still there, but my FS still says it's nothing to worry about. So, now I'm on to injectables! Eek. :blush: He's starting me off on 75 IUs of Menopur on CD4-7. CD8 I go in for an u/s to see how well I'm responding and, hopefully from there if I get a mature follie, I'll trigger on CD12 and have my IUI on CD14! I really hope I respond well since I NEVER responded to Clomid. We shall see. :happydance:

Good Luck! FX'd for ya!

Ahh, I did it! One shot of Menopur down, three shots to go. :haha: it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought, though tell my hands that, they were shaking the whole time, haha. Just had to share. Whew. :)

Hey Ladies!

I had an u/s today (CD8) to see how well I'm responding to Menopur. I have two follies on my right ovary - one is 11mm and the other is 12mm. That's more than I've ever had so I'm pretty excited. :happydance: My estrogen level is 47, so they're upping my dose to 1.5 vials of Menopur for the next few days, then I'll go back in for another u/s and blood work. :thumbup:

Hey Ladies!

I had an u/s today (CD8) to see how well I'm responding to Menopur. I have two follies on my right ovary - one is 11mm and the other is 12mm. That's more than I've ever had so I'm pretty excited. :happydance: My estrogen level is 47, so they're upping my dose to 1.5 vials of Menopur for the next few days, then I'll go back in for another u/s and blood work. :thumbup:

Yay! FX'd that your follies grow, grow, and grow!

DH and I meet with our f/s on Tuesday to talk about what's next for us. Excited!!!!! :mrgreen:

hi,
joining you all, will be doing one round of IUI next cycle with gonal F and something else. Docter said that probability of success is really low given my husbands sperm count and motility. Things are ok at my side according to the tests done till now. Dont have high hope, wishing for +ve though :haha:.
lilly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"