Can anyone shed some light on some very odd OPK results

Katie2222

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on my situation??

I usually have cycles of around 5 weeks however last cycle I didn't ovulate until CD65. It ended in what we think was a chemical pregnancy a couple of weeks later.

On my current cycle I'm having the weirdest OPK results and haven't a clue what's going on:

CD 21 - positive OPK in morning and negative OPK in evening (using cheap eBay ones)
CD22 - negative eBay OPK in morning and negative eBay OPK in evening. Also negative CB dual digital OPK in morning
CD23 - positive eBay OPK in morning and flashing smilie on CB
Negative eBay OPK in evening
CD24 - negative eBay OPK in morning (didn't do CB and didn't do a test pm)
CD25 - negative eBay OPK in morning but flashing smilie on CB
Positive eBay OPK in evening
CD26 - positive eBay OPK in morning and flashing smile on CB
Negative eBay OPK in evening
CD 27 - positive EBay OPK in morning and flashing smilie on CB
CD 28 - negative eBay OPK in morning and flashing smilie on CB
CD 29 - negative eBay OPK in morning and flashing smilie on CB
CD 30 (today) - negative eBay OPK in morning and flashing smilie on CB

I'm at a total loss with what's going on!

I understand the flashing smilie indicates high estrogen. The CB has never detected a peak in LH but eBay OPKS were positive up until Sunday.
I haven't had a positive LH since Sunday.
Does this mean I ovulated Sunday?
Is is possible to still have a high level of estrogen after ovulation?
Or is it more likely that I haven't ovulated at all.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks ladies xx

That is really confusing! I had some weirdness with opks this month too. I'm not sure about the estrogen. All I know is I was using the clearblue fertility monitor that also shows a high when estrogen is high, and I didn't get any high days the month I got pg. I feel like sometimes those things work and sometimes they don't. Have you charted your temperature? The nice thing about doing that is it would tell you if you have ovulated already!

Thank u for replying!

How odd that u got pregnant the month u had no high readings?! Congratulations! I've ordered a fertility monitor and am going to give that a go next cycle but I'm beginning to doubt anything like that will work for me. I had to abandon temping in Dec because my temps were all over the place (a bit like my OPKS!) and it was stressing me out. Beginning to think I should have tried to stick at it now or that I perhaps shouldn't bother with any of it and let nature run it's course!

I've got an appointment at the clinic tomorrow for blood results so going to mention it to them I think and see what they say. Xx

So I read somewhere a few days ago that sometimes your body gears up for O, and then for some reason (stress, illness, etc.) just can't get there. So it tries again a few days later.

I have no idea the scientific value of this, although if I recall correctly, it was from a reputable source. It would certainly explain the OPKs! Maybe ask Dr. Google... ;)

GL!

Thanks Marie! I'm terrible with dr google...once I start there's no getting me off it!
I've read the same but was just hoping I'd ovulated already. Time will tell I suppose and in the meantime I'll just keep OPKing xx

How's your discharge been??? :) That can also often help with determining O.

I agree that your body can often try to O and then keep trying if it doesn't manage it.

Just keep DTD until they both go negative.

Well just got back from my appointment at the clinic and had blood results back which show I have PCOS so that explains my bizarre OPKS!

Been told to stop taking them as they won't be accurate. No idea how I'm supposed to know how I'm ovulating with such irregular cycles so I'm going to have to go and do some research.

Thanks for your replies ladies, very much appreciated x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->