Can contractions ever start naturally in the day?

ttclou25

Reaction score
Getting impatient probably a bit early havent quite hit my due date yet, but DS was here at 39 weeks so was secretly hoping for the same again, anyway...

Every mornng, i wake up and i think now i have to wait for the next evening for potential start to labour. Has contractions ever started for anyone in the day??:flower:

Hi, with my DD my contractions started at about 4-5pm (I didn't realise they were contractions until about 10pm though!)

Yes they do, but more common on evening. I was woken up at 5am with contractions that went on all day, irregular. They stopped at 6pm.

They came back at full force at 12:30am.

Yep. Mine started around 5pm one afternoon, it was the evening before I was due to go and get induced, I was 40 + 13!

Nothing felt different that particular day either, I went about my usual routine etc, cleaned the house, did some shopping and when I sat down for the evening they just started out of the blue :)

Yes mine did I lost my show on the Thursday and on Saturday went Xmas shopping was uncomfortable pains all day eventually went to l&d at 8pm turns out I was 5cm but my contractions weren't unbearable

Mine did with my second. She was born shortly after 6pm and the contractions began ninety minutes before that.

With my first I started with light contractions in the morning- like around 10 am.

Yes! With my second baby the first twinges were at around 3pm, and by 7pm it was established labour. That was at 39 weeks and 5 days :)

Good luck!!

I always think the same thing ha . Oh dear gotta wait till night time now , Haha .

I have been thinking that same thing too, lol

With my first my contractions started late morning/lunch time but as pp said I didn't realise they were contractions until early evening when they became more regular

My waters broke on their own at noon and contractions half an hour later :) I'd just woken up from a nap :)

dunno if classed morin or nite lol. No1 at 39+5 woke 2.50am back ache he was born 12.55pm. No2 contractions started midnite 39+6 an she was born 6.28 am. Cookin no3 (32+1).

With my second, my contractions started at lunchtime on the day I was to be induced. I was at my mum's dropping my son off before heading to the hospital x

My first two started in the morning...one at 9:30 and one at 7:30... They were born at 4:51 pm and 5:15 pm.... My last baby though started at three am and was birn at five am.... Think its completely random, but in my experience, you have to be resting... At least for me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->