Can high water intake cause hypertension??

franm101

Reaction score
I had an interesting conversation with my midwife today as I mentioned to her that I drink approx 6Ltrs of water a days to combat headaches. Honestly if I havent had enough I get the worst headaches and have to skull about a litre of water at once for it to subside. Anyways we kinda put 2+2 together and thought maybe this high intake was causing my hypertension. I had never thought of this but it makes sense as it would increase my bodies fluid volume/water retension putting strain on my kidneys and my heart etc...etc...Is this really possible?? I didnt think 6ltrs a day was really that much....is it?? How much is normal?? :)

6ltrs of water is quite alot! I am a big girl and drink about 2-3 ltrs a day and thats plenty! Headaches can also be caused if you drink too much water. Go easy on the water, try reducing to maybe 3 ltrs and see how you go. Before I fell pregnant I was doing the Lighter Life diet and because I was eating meal packs only I had to replace fluids missing by not eating conventional food, even then I would only drink 4 ltrs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->