can i freeze chicken dinner or should i chill instead

Crosby

Reaction score
Hi all

I am cooking a chicken breast my my lo to try and suck on, i plan to grind the rest with some veggies and freeze.

Is this ok? Also if i chill it how long with it keep in the fridge?

I would follow the same rules you do for yourself. For chicken, I personally would probably use it fresh, make some for the family for dinner that night, and use up any leftovers by the next day. I tend not to keep cooked meat as leftovers around for more than 24 hours. If anything, frozen and thawed ground chicken probably has a strange texture and not as tasty and nutritious as it would be made fresh. If you make it as part of your dinner anyway, there shouldn't be any waste. I often just cut a piece off of one of ours, as they often don't eat much as first anyway.

Its just for her. So if I use part today and fridge some I can then use it tomorrow too?

Im fine with that. So is the rule for chilling the food only 24 hours? I heard 48 somewhere but this could be for veggies, might be shorter storage time for meats?

Also, i love my soups, is there any way i can give her some - will that count as a meal? Considering its more watery than veggies and meat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->