Can I have another one?

Buddysmum89

proud mum of Seb & Lilith
Reaction score
My first child was an emergency c section as he got stuck in my cervix, and dilation slammed to a halt at 2-3cm! After 32 hours in labour they realised something was wrong!, and off I went for a c section!..i recovered pretty quick and lost a litre of blood.

I'm currently 7+4 with number 2, and would preferably want another c section, as 32 hours of labour and my son's heart going up and down scared the pants off me, so much so I've no desire to do that again, and natural labour scared me a lot too!

Do you think id be eligible for another c section birth? Or would they be expecting me to do it naturally this time around? I've heard that the second time is harder to recover from than the first it takes longer to heal since their going in through your old scar! Not to mention the after birth pains, and the horror stories you hear about those too!, I mean do they still apply to c section births?

- scared second timer, Danii

It's your body, I'm certain they'd listen to your requests, which ever way you want to do it. I have a ex-coworker who is super tiny and had to have scheduled C-sections with both of her children. She recovered just fine, back at work at 12 weeks.

Sometimes if you have a c-section, they prefer a scheduled one for future children (to avoid similar complications). Much better to feel prepared rather than be in the middle of an emergency...

Listen to dr/midwife closer to time and go from there. xx

I would imagine so, unless you got an overzealous doctor I would think you could choose to have a repeat CS. It's what I'll be doing for the next one. Had a scheduled for the first because of a chronic bladder disease and am so glad I did because my bladder feels fantastic afterwards and I'm terrified of what would happen to it during labor. I would hate to go through all that and end up ruining it forever.

I had an emcs (failure to progress) with my second after a natural first delivery that took 4hr42min. I was going to have a vbac with my third but ended up wanting an elcs as had a big baby and too much water so had scar pain. I changed my mind at 37 week and Dr booked a section for 6 days later with no problems at all. It was my body and my choice.

P's I was back to normal , housework driving walking etc two weeks postpartum xxxxx

I would imagine you wouldn't have any problems. Here in the US, there are many doctors who will absolutely refuse to do vaginal births if you've had a previous c-section, and finding a doc who will let you have a VBAC is like finding a unicorn.

Thanks guys! :) definitely want a c section this time around too so will have to enquire about it :)

You get the choice once you’ve already had one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->