Can I join you girlies, please?

Hey Emma.

Thanks for the reply :)

Breathing is always a good idea - not least during labour! :lol: But a degree of pushing will be necessary eventually lol If you want to be a midwife go for it! I'm sure you get enough vicarious experience from the girls on here, and you will watch birthing videos and learn all you need to when you're training. My mum got caught out on her latest littl'n (the midwife did not believe that she was in labour, and, with a patronising pat on the shoulder, told her to get some sleep while she could, and one hour later her partner delivered the baby himself in their own bed! And I tell you now - If he can be a [stand-in] midwife, anyone can!! :rofl:

You understood the general gist of my plans, except I haven't been accepted yet for the course - I'm thinking of applying for a 3 year degree in midwifery starting September 09... That's 4 years, plus a year to get mat leave, plus a potential year finding work... we're looking at at least 5 years, maybe 6. Which is a little too long for me to wait (we also never know how long it might take for me to fall pregnant; Anna was somewhat of a miracle as I have had PID and my fallopian tubes are slightly scarred as a result, making it very difficult for my eggs to reach MrBum's sperm - it also means I'm at a highly increased risk of ectopic pregnancy. ... I just never know what's gonna happen when I do try, so need to allow AT LEAST a year for trying, and if I get pregnant sooner (with no problems) then that's a bonus!

I'm now thinking of working as a bank nurse on my local MAT ward for a year or so when Anna is about 10 months old, and then starting TTC in about 2 years time from now. Then when I return to work as my mat leave runs out, I might be able to get seconded into a midwifery degree / diploma.

I've got a few more months to think about it right now, because at the moment, I don't want to leave her to do anything until she is at least 9 months old.

I'm sure it will work out some how :)

Me again, just read your new plans as to what you're thinking of doing and the working on the ward for a year or so sounds like a really good idea. Gets you a head start into the area you wanna go into without having to wait 6 years or so for baby number 2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->