Can I take LO to the cinema?

Mummytobe85

Reaction score
My oldest LO is just over two and just wondering if she's too young to be taken to the cinema as a treat.... I also have a 6 month old... Would she be allowed in?

Has anyone brought there LO' s to the cinema? I think my daughter would love it but don't wanna risk it as I think there may be a chance she might wanna run round?

Thoughts...??

If you do/are allowed BRING ear muffs or something for her ears. everything tends to be so loud! I think I would try to bring 2yo as just you and her and see how it goes and then add 6 month old to mix after that trip.

Sometimes there are kid sessions at the cinema.. They don't cost as much but they don't show the latest movies.. Check it out as there will probably be a few with the summer hols on x

Cineworld do Cinebabies (well mine does) where you can take your baby to the cinema :)

Yer our cineworld does junior viewing on a sat that costs £3 pp

Saturday mornings are usually kids showings, cheaper and they dont put the lights so low.

During the holidays vue has kids am everyvday

I took my LO when she was around 2 years 4 months on her first cinema trip. She sat fine, until about 10 minutes before the film ended!

We took our LO to the cinema for the first time last week :)
He loved it!
xx

to a childrens film yes im sure it will be fine.
I cant tell you how many times I have been to a film in the evening ruined by a crying baby so Id advise against that lol but im pretty sure thats not what you had in mind :)

I don't mean a kids showing :) I mean showing specifically for babies. They show the big blockbusters as normal but obviously everyone has babies and are understanding. I don't think that would work for a 2 year old though as its often adult films played. It's called Cinebabies.

Hmm, can she sit through a whole movie at home? As a previous poster said maybe bring her on her own first as a treat.

Odeon have films once a week for mummies and babies, lights are on low and sound turned down. It only for mums and babies so no one else disturbed if baby crying etc. I'm sure they would let your two year old in with you.
Also cineworld let in baby in arms during the day as long as it a film 12a or u, which you would be able to take your 2 year old too as well. :thumbup:

Pretty much what has been said by previous posters, I work for Odeon and our policy is not to turn anyone with a baby away so long as its 12a or below, the only thing we would ask if the baby is crying then to leave the show to try and settle them so not to disturb other guests unless its in one of our newbie showings in that case stay as they are designed for mums and babys and to hell with anyone else who chooses to go in they had they choice! We also will happily refund your tickets or offer guest passes if the baby or your 2 year old didnt like it after all they all have to start some where :flower:

Aslong as the film your watching is a 12a or less your children of any age can go,we went to the cinema last week With all 2 of our Los and they were brilliant

I brought my two last week for the first (well her first, he has been before). It was an early showing, therefore cheap, as I was fully expecting to have to leave halfway through. But it was great! They loved the movie (Monsters university), munched on some of my popcorn and had a blast. My younger one did get a bit fussy towards the end but I let her play with her pram and she was happy enough. Will definitely be repeating :thumbup:

I wouldnt because the cinema is quite loud. it may also be a bit overwhelming too (big screen)

Kids am is brilliant, LO has been for just over a year and loves it, there are also autism showings as well that are good for babies because the lights arnt turned down much and the sound is a lot lower and you can take your own food and drink in.

Word of advice though.
Never take a young child to see star wars, those nerds can get rather gobby and brave when it comes to star wars :)
When phantom menace came out someone had a baby that let out a cry about 30 seconds into it and these nerdy scrawny spotty gits started shouting at the parent to get the child out, (the type of blokes that would have peed themselves if a girl talked to them outside) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->