Can i use this??

xblondiex

Reaction score
This is the third time iv found fleas on my dog iv been giving him tablets to save using any harsh chemicals but they havent worked. Can us pregnant ladies use spot on?? I think he needs it there just not leaving x

I can't see why not if you wash your hands thoroughly afterwards. I've done regular flea treatments on my cats throughout this pregnancy.

You cannot use spot on flea treatments, or touch your pet after they've been done for 48 hours, a vet just told me about the cat, I presume it's the same for dogs.

I flead my two cats. I didn't know pregnant woman weren't allowed to do it.

I had a flea problem earlier on in pregnancy. Fleas everywhere! I'd been using a flea treatment before, once a month, before we got super fleas that were immune to it.
Switched to advocate on the vets advice, and got a treatment for the house too. He said not to be in the house when it was sprayed, but I would be fine applying the neck drops as long as I followed normal hygiene practices, washing my hands after application and for a couple of days after touching the cat.
Just wear some gloves if you want to be extra cautious.

Thanks i think ill get my mum to do the treatment ill just be cautious about petting him. I hope this treatment works before baby gets here. X

Are you using treatment from the vet? I tried shop brands and they never worked but when I used the vets one it got rid of them right away.

Also, have you treated your house?carpets and furniture etc? A lot of the time if the fleas are coming back pretty quickly you could have a problem in your home too. They're such a pain to get rid of.

No i used some kind of tablets last time bit gonna try spot on if this doesnt work ill take him to the vets. Yea i got my mum to spray the whole house twice but hes still got them i even tried flea shampoo but thay didnt work either x

They are such a pain, horrible little things too. Fx'd that this next treatment works.

Definitely don't handle it yourself or wear gloves, and don't handle your pet for a couple days after. I'm not sure exactly what brand you are using(or what the active ingredients are) but some do pretty nasty things to fleas, and I wouldn't want to take the chance of it doing something to baby.
Your best bet is to talk to your vet about the best course for treating your dog and the house. It can take a long time to clear up a flea infestation. You will most likely need to do daily vacuuming. Also you need to watch what ingredients are in both the topical flea treatment and what is used in the house, and also yard if you treat it. There is a risk of overdosing if you use products that contain the same active ingredients in all areas.

I know what a pain fleas can be. As others have said, I wouldn't worry about the treatment as long as you're careful. Also try bathing the pet in a mixture of blue Dawn's dish soap and apple cider vinegar before applying the treatment, this will kill most of the fleas without the use of harsh chemicals. Another trick is to sprinkle table salt throughout the carpets/furniture, waiting a few hours and then vacuuming it up. For the yard around where your pet is walked and the perimeter of the home, sprinkle some Sevin dust. Usually it takes treatment of ALL the areas that your pet comes in contact with to keep infestation at bay. Of course these are just a few things that work for me, I don't even use a topical anymore now that I do those things :) Hopefully some of this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->