Can someone explain temping to me.....

Allym0101

TTC # 1 after 3 loses
Reaction score
Hi girls.

I have been reading through some threads and have noticed a lot of you ladies talking about temping??? Basically all I know is you take your temperature everyday... but then what??? what happens to your temp and what are you looking for??? What does charting mean? What do you do with your temperature??
I am using the CBFM monitor at the minute, is temping more reliable? :wacko:

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really interested and am really considering doing it this next cycle.
What things do I need to be able to do this? And where do I get everything?

Sorry again for the million questions :dohh:

Thanks in advance xoxo

Sorry, I don't really know about this either - but would like to see your replies also!! x

Get a digital thermometer that reads 2 decimal places. Sign up to fertility friend.

Set your alarm and take your temp as soon as it goes off. Record temp on fertility friend.

Temping only confirms that you have OV'd ( your temp will rise) but after a few months you will be able to spot the pattern.

Good luck, and feel free to ask more ???? if you need to .

Cheers Debs, that pretty much sums it up for me.

Your a star xoxo

Ally a really good book to get about temping is "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" it really helped me to understand.

It helps you to see when you ovulated and how long your luteal phase is. I find it really helpful. There is a free site that you can chart at too that automatically detects your ovulation based on your temps.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/

Temping really helped me to see when I ovulated and when would be a good time to test. In fact I got my BFP the first cycle I temped. Sadly I am now m/c but I plan to resume temping as soon as its over.

Aww vanilla sorry to hear that. Thinking about you. And thanks very much for the advise xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->