Can someone explain this to me?

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I tested yesterday and this morning (12 and 13dpo) with FRER tests and fmu and got super faint positives. They were hard to get a picture of but in real life you could see them - I even made OH check and he saw them too. We were sure they were positive. I got a blood test done today, though, and it was negative. :cry:

When I took the tests I made sure to check them before the time limit, so I didn't think they could have been evaps.

I don't understand how I could get positive tests and negative bloods. I'm just heartbroken. Is there a chance the bloods were wrong or did I get false positives?

Did you get a quantitative or qualitative blood test? My gyn says positive for 5 or higher, but some doctors consider positive as 25. The old frer sensitivity was 6.3. I would test again in a day or two. Don't stress just yet :)

Thank you for your reply. :)

I got a qualitative blood test done, so just a simple positive or negative. I have no idea what level the cutoff is for whether it's positive or negative. I didn't know that the amount varied between doctors.

Well, I did either but i offended someone the other day. Maybe give your doctor a ring and ask what their cutoff is? But frers are freakishly sensitive, so give it a couple days. :)

Not to offend you and discourage but I kept getting faints and ending with a chemical at 5 weeks. However my blood test was positive at 4 weeks. Wait a couples day maybe even a week then retest.

Thanks ladies :)

I called my doctor's office and they weren't able to tell me what level they consider a qualitative test positive at - just that the test only gives them a positive or negative result.

So I'll wait a few more days and if AF doesn't show, I'll take another test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->