Can Stress bring on Labour?

if it can, then mibi itl bring my Lo out...ive been on the phone for 3 hours to my works payroll dept and just started crying hysterically down the phone to the nice man glen

:(

xxx

I've been told that stress can cause small babies - I'd guess thats down to the high BP that stress would cause. And its probably only if you're constantly stressed...not for like the odd day when you might feel a bit eurgh and panicky. Apart from that I don't know of anything, I suffer with stress and high BP and my consultant hasn't mentioned anything other than the babies growth.

Anyway, you don't need to worry about having a small baby because you already know Ava is a good size :thumbup:

Hope you're feeling OK.... :hugs: :hugs: xxx

hah yeah i already know shes a fatty! Prob the sweet tooth ive had while being pregnant! oh well. Im ok now thanks, housework can be quite theraputic!

It's more to do with blood pressure I've been stressed and crying a lot due to my job but my blood pressure is actually low, I've got a normal (bordering on large) sized baby and have no problems. He does go into hiding tho when I'm upset and can give me a good kicking when I'm stressed.

hmm i wondered this and think i maybe got an answer today at my midwife appointment....

i hate getting bloods taken. Really dread them, im a fainter. And so felt really light-headed when i went in after i told her i felt faint she took my bp and it was very low, she looked at me and i was ghost white and said 'im surprised you're still sitting upright?!' so she rushed me over to the bed. I layed down but felt very faint and weak....so to take my mind off getting the blood taken she got out the heart monitor and let me hold it on my belly to focus on babys heartbeat so she could take bloods without me fainting....

now the interesting bit was that her heart raced along with mine...like she was feeling the stress and anxiety i was feeling? I asked the midwife is it ok her little heart is racing (i almost burst out into tears i felt so guilty) and she said 'baby's heartbeat follows your pattern...but she's fine'

so i can only conclude that baby does feel your stress & anxiety...i had proof of it today, i nearly burst into tears i felt so guilty for making her little heart beat so fast :cry:

It would make sense for them to have a faster heartbeat, i guess thats why some people do hypnobirthing etc for 'stress free' labours?? That wouldnt work on me no slow deep breathing will make me any less stressed when i give birth but i guess that must be the reason its suggested??

I just worry when she goes all quiet, mind you ive never had excessive movements and always worried about it but now i know tis because i have too much fluid. But then that makes me worry that shes gonna have swallowing problems or kidney problems or something.

Anyways, all fine now, De-strrreeessssss................cake anyone? :rofl:

:thumbup:

suzanne your only welcome if you bring Stuart Manning!!! :happydance:

(he is MY cake)

:rofl:

:shrug:

:rofl: If I had Stuart Manning he would be mine, allllll mine!!!

I have absolutely no idea why I didn't notice his god damn gorgeousness when I saw him on a daily basis!!!!! And I used to have to ring his mobile all the time.....why oh why did I not steal that number?!

I have a good mind to come down there and smack you in the head!!!!!!

LOL

And I really wouldn't blame you!

In fact I'll save you the trip :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back