Can this baby girl have a boyish name if her older sister has a feminine name?

SaraEmily

Mom of 2 girls
Reaction score
I'm having a really hard time finding any names that I like, but I've noticed I seem to like the more masculine names the most. Only problem is my 14 month olds name is Eliza which more feminine and classic. Is this a big deal or should one sibling's name not dictate my choice for the next?

Some examples of names are:

Lane
Wren (this really isn't a boys name but everyone seems to think so)
Hayden (only thing that puts me off is that it's an ayden name, but this one seems much more tolerable for some reason)

I don't think Lane is masculine any more than Taylor is feminine. I like Lane... I like Laney/Lanie even more.
Wren is pretty also. Not a fan of Hayden for a girl, sorry. Friends of mine have a son by that name so to me its more boy than girl name. There's always Fallon, Tailynn/Taylan...Raelynn..Kailyn..Etc that are similar.

I really don't think it's a big issue, as pp said of you like Lane, then Lainey/Laney would be a good option? :). My children's styles of names don't exactly match, I've got modern, traditional and classic styles for mine, it's whether you love the name and the name fits the child that is more important in my opinion x

I love the name Lane. And I think it's quite feminine actually. :)

PS: I know a Hayden he's a very nice paramedic here in Australia ;)

i wouldn't let my first child's name dictate my other children's name's. I'd just go with names that i liked

I agree with all pp as long as the two names go together I wouldn't let the first name dictate the second name, also I love the name laney (if we have a girl her name will be kaitlain shortened to Lainy)

I think it's fine! I love a super feminine name (Mikaelyn) and also really love the names Logan and Elliot for girls!

Lane/Wren/Hayden are all clearly known gender-neutral names in my area (US). Personally I like Lane the best, but would also suggest
Lana (Lane-uh), Elaina (goes well with Eliza), or D'Lainey (duh-lane-ee)

Other "neutral" or seemingly masculine names that could work for girls:
Elliot, Logan, Brett, Aiden, Cameron, Dylan, Morgan, Tyler, Kyle, Mykal (Michael), Sebastian, etc. etc. it's actually becoming quite popular for girls to have more "boyish" names - personally I love it and could add on a ton more names lol but yeah, just some options for you to test out!

I must admit Lane is so pretty!

Wren is nice but with Eliza I think it sort of emphasises more masculinity if that makes sense.

Eliza & Lane is beautiful

I agree Eliza and Lane is gorgeous.

My first was is a boy, he is Morgan which is gender neutral really, Naomi-Mae is very feminine IMO, Honey is very feminine, Kaysie Blossom is feminine IMO but there are male Casey's so can be gender neutral I guess and my youngest Is Riley Rae Ann, now Riley Rae is def masculine (would of been Riley Ray if a boy), my point is I just liked them all.

I love Lane! I think Eliza and Lane sound lovely together :) x

I love Sydney too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back