Can you freeze cooked meats and how do you go about warming them up if you're out?

porkypig

Reaction score
Today I made chicken with sweet potato and apple and I made quite a bit so decided to freeze it- is that ok?

Plus if we're out tomorrow all day and I wanted to bring it with me, do I just let it defrost naturally and let S eat it cold or warm it up somehow? What do you do? Xx

You can freeze cooked meats, yep. When reheated you have to ensure it is heated until piping hot then cooled to lo eating temp. I personally don't know how you'd achieve that when out but hopefully someone else will :)or yes, you could offer it cold.

As the above said.

I dont know either how you would go about eating out. We havent been out at eating time yet. but i doubt you would be able to carry it around with you due to the rise in temp as this gives room for bacteria to grow.

Probably not the recommended way to do it but if i'm taking frozen homemade stuff out i totally blitz it in the microwave so it's boiling and then put it in a pot and into an insulated bag. As long as it's going to be used within 30-60 mins its usually at about the right temperature when i come to use it and i figure there's no real time for bugs to grow as its gone from frozen to boiled and is just cooling...

I used to do this more when he was a bit younger but now i've relaxed my rules on jars and usually just take half a jar as its not that often and i decided i was probably killing off most of the nutrients with the level of blitzing....

I either ask the restaurant/cafe we are in to heat it or I brought a food thermos flask for this very reason, it says piping hot for a good few hours xx

I agree i think u needs to heat any food thats frozen right to boiling hot, i would heat it at home then take it out in a bottle bag or insulated lunch box thing to let it cool a bit but will stil be warm when lo eats it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->