Can you get pregnant on mini pill?

Bindi002003

Reaction score
Hi there
I have been on the mini pill for a month and now I have been feeling sick and have sharp short pains in my Belly could I have gotten pregnant? Has anyone else got pregnant on the mini pill?

No method of birth control is 100% effective. Even when used properly, there's always a chance that your bcp can fail. The mini pill is especially temperamental as it only contains one hormone. It's meant to prevent your uterus lining from being able to support implantation, unlike the combo pill which is meant to both prevent ovulation and mess with your lining. That's why you have more wiggle room when taking your combo pill, but the mini pill must be taken at the same time each day. Two of my brothers were mini pill babies. It is more likely that the symptoms are from being new to the pill, but if you're feeling sick then a home pregnancy test will give you a clear answer. FXed things turn out how you hope

Hi Ivs been on the mini pill twice. First time was for 4 months and the 2nd time I started taking it in September at 3 weeks post partrum and I stopper taking it on 20th Feb this year. So 5 months and neve got pregnant on it.
When I first started it I felt a bit sick and got sore boobs.

But I agree totally with what @DobbyForever said it's not the most reliable form of contraception and womon do fall pregnant on it.
U have to take it at the same time every day otherwise its nor as effective.

Your symptoms cud be from the pill but I think to be on the safe side I wud test and if negative then test again in about a week.
That's the only way to know for sure.

Good luck hon

I’m back on mine now and feel sick on and off too. Assuming it’s a side effect of the pill. Good luck!

Tested and it's negative so must be pill related symptoms

So glad u have answers hon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"