Can you go to work if overdue?!

Sweetkat

Reaction score
Ok, silly question. My EDD is 4 August. If she hasn't arrived by then do I have the option of going to work for the next week or so or do I have to start mat leave?! I just don't want to waste mat leave time when baby hasn't arrived yet :)

I've never read anywhere that U can't work. Could be wrong tho!

Stalking! I'd like to know the answer!!

I'm pretty sure you have to start maternity leave.... I could be wrong though x

I've just googled n googled and it seems a pretty grey area!

I know in our nhs maternity guidelines we had to start our maternity leave the first day of the week that we were due but it may be different for other companies.

legally u can. once baby is born though you must have 2 weeks off work. mind you u prob would not want to work when lo is here!
wheather or not your work will amend your mat leave is the big question!! you have to give 4 weeks notice to amend you mat leave dates, however my work was flexible and due to spd i gave them 2 weeks notice to finish earlier and they were happy to accommodate.
this was my experience anyway xx

I think it depends on your companies policy.

Where I work you can't start your Maternity leave any later than your due date.

I think it depends on where you live & where you work (and also your doctor's recommendations).

I'd imagine where I work that I would be required to unless my doctor signed me off for medical reasons.

I'm in the US, not sure where you are. I worked up until my induction at 41 1/2 wks. I only got 12 wks off.. That's our crappy US maternity leave for ya, so I was so glad that I had all of it with baby and didn't waste that 1 1/2 wks just sitting around waiting.
I think you will have to inquire about this with your employer.

My company is going to let me work until I go into labor if I want. As stated above, most of us in the US can't take more than 12 weeks off.. so I want all my time to be with LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->