Can you O with low'ish HCG still?

TTC Again

Teensy bit pregnant again
Reaction score
Feeling so frustrated - 7 weeks post D&C and my HCG beta came back today at 17. UGH! I would have staked my life on it being below 5 by now. And what's worse is I was thinking I O'd on Monday (Valentine's Day). Now I'm thinking that was no even possible.

So, the question is, can you O when you still have HCG in your system? I've had what I thought was my first AF 2 weeks ago, but RE said since HCG was still present it wasn't really considered a "real" cycle. But, 12 days later I started to get + OPK (or really, really close to + I should say).

I'm so confused now. :wacko:

I would love to know the answer to this too. I got a definite lh surge about 2 weeks ago along with O pains a day or two later. But as of today my hcg is still at 30. Another confused person here! :wacko:

I'd love to know too. I also got told I wouldn't get AF till my HCG was zero and I've just had AF with HCG of 27. At least I assume it is - 6 weeks to the day after ERPC and exactly like my AFs used to be. If you're trying to get pregnant again I'd assume you are ovulating if the signs are there - can't hurt, right? And you mght get a lovely surprise x

also opk's can look positive when there is hcg is your system, sometime people use them as pregnancy tests (not that they are as accurate) but I wonder if that is what your opks were reacting to?

I also had very slow dropping hcg after my 4th miscarriage - it was at 17 (two weeks after my bleed) but then a week later was back to negative and then I ovulated the week after. I ended up being abut a week and a half out of sync with my cycle.

It will happen - so sorry that you are in the midst of this.

Well at least I'm not alone in the confusion. I'm supposed to go back for ANOTHER beta test next Wednesday, so I pray it's down by then. Has anyone heard of the HCG sticking around for this long? It seems ridiculous to me.

What's also strange is that the OPKs were clearly negative, but now have been getting stronger...that's why I thought I had ovulated.

Hi there,

I had a m/c at 10 weeks and my hcg levels only returned to normal levels after 5 weeks. My heart just sank every time I phoned for the blood test results and was told my levels still weren't right back down. The nurses said not to worry as sometimes it just takes a while, everyone's different I suppose. Though it's still not fun when you just want to move forward with things and tcc again

Sorry I meant ttc - my head is up in the clouds just now as thinking about doing a preg test tomorrow even though it's 6 days early, I'm soooo impatient

Sorry I meant ttc - my head is up in the clouds just now as thinking about doing a preg test tomorrow even though it's 6 days early, I'm soooo impatient

Good luck with the testing! I'm an early tester, too.

Just reviving this old thread to say, yes it is possible. My doctor confirmed that even though I still had low levels of hcg in my system, I ovulated as usual that cycle. Which was why I got a positive opk.

Good luck ladies. :flower:

wow, good to know! Thanks for updating!

That is good to know - although I havent got EWCM, i have had the 'feeling' i was ovulating yesterday. I wonder if I was?

We arent TTC yet anyway - maybe in 1 or 2 cycles time we will start again. My emotions are still all over the place, one day I want to try for a baby, the next I don't - so its probably best for us to wait a bit.

Thanks for the updated info bostonblonde!
I had my d&c almost 2 weeks ago and I'm wondering if I'll ovulate this cycle. I haven't had my hcg levels tested yet and I don't want to POAS as I know a + will send me on a downward spiral.
I'm just so anxious to start trying again!
Good luck everyone!

Bostonblonde you have given me hope! Im still getting faint bfp after my erpc which was 11 days ago but am dtd incase I ovulate. Am hoping that there are only small amounts of hgc left. Doctor is refusing to give me blood tests to check this early on, said only if my af doesnt show after 6-8ish weeks then he will think about checking my levels in blood -ahhhhhh.
Good to know some of us have better doctors with better information! :hugs:

I ovulated the day by betas were 6. I also had what I though was AF 2.5 weeks before that when my betas were 16. That makes me think that you don't ovulate until betas are back to normal or super close, but I don't know what other's experiences are.

Well at least I'm not alone in the confusion. I'm supposed to go back for ANOTHER beta test next Wednesday, so I pray it's down by then. Has anyone heard of the HCG sticking around for this long? It seems ridiculous to me.

What's also strange is that the OPKs were clearly negative, but now have been getting stronger...that's why I thought I had ovulated.

Mine took 8 weeks to fall and 10 weeks for the official AF to come. It was aweful!

Hopefulmama2B - that was pretty much my story. Basically at 8 weeks post D&C i FINALLY got an HCG beta back at less than 5. I started a period just a fe days before my HCG went all of the way down. I'm currently still in my first cycle, and I guess that means I have not ovulated yet, since my D&C in December. This is beyond frustrating.

Using OKPs and temping now to hopefully catch the egg...but I had a questionable HSG last week, so if I don't get pregnant this cycle they want to do a Hysteroscopy and see if there is any scar tissue or polyps in my uterus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->