• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canadian and I know it

Thought I'd join you ladies again. Back to TTC as I've just finished another miscarriage (I think). Hoping we'll be 3rd time lucky.

Congrats Cowtown! I'm ordering fresh supplies from makeababy.ca tonight.

Oh my I never thought I would see you here. I'm sorry for your losses :cry: :hugs:

I sure hope we all can find our forever babies soon! Start up a petition, "no more losses!" healthy babies for everyone!!:thumbup:

So sorry for your loss, Mowat. I do hope the third time is the charm for you!

Thanks guys.

I'm hoping I can go down to Vancouver for further testing to see what the problem might be. I saw a doctor down there in December and she said I was good to go. Hoping this loss might warrant a deeper investigation. Maybe it would be worth having my partner looked at too---I guess maybe a semen analysis? Not sure what the next step is, just know I'm in a rush to get started! Let's get this show on the road!

Ordered 50 ovulation strips last night so I think I'm set for awhile. Figured DH would be freaked out about another loss, but he asked last night when we could try again, so I don't think we'll wait long. Guess I'll wait until after my ultrasound next week.

I hear Vancouver has some really great services, so hopefully they will get everything all straighten out for you!!

I am glad that you are going at this in a positive light and not letting these losses bring you too down. :flower:

Mowat, sorry for your loss, hopefully you can get some answers in Vancouver. They should do a thorough investigation given your history. An SA is a good idea. Keep us posted.

Welcome mowat and sorry for your loss. Fingers crossed that you get your rainbow baby soon <3

Hey ladies!! I'm happy I found this thread. I haven't had any MC that I'm aware of... but I'm also looking for some Canadian ladies that are TTC-ing, since our situation is a bit different and we can share some resources as well.

I am 28 my Common-law partner is 34 ( it's true... we don't marry in QC lol) I live in Montreal QC and we have been TTC for our first baby for 1 year this month! I am a bit discouraged and starting to think that something might be wrong since I didn't get a single BFP.

My doc referred me to the Royal Vic hospital Reproductive Centre and we have our first appointment later this month. Surprisingly enough I didn't have to wait 6 months for the appointment, got all the blood tests and ultrasound done and now my man has to go do a semen sample sometime this week. So, I hope it all goes well and I'm so grateful we don't have to pay fr most of the services!! Quebec even covers 3 IVF treatments, but I dont think we will go down that road if that becomes a reality.

here's a website I use to get OPKs and preseed, the shipping is free if you order over a certain amount and they deliver fast. ALSO, they ahve sexy time toys ;)

https://www.ecosex.ca/

Welcome Sabster! Sorry its taking s long.... DH and I are also one year end of this month, although I'm happy to have had one BFP (means we can get pregnant) we lost our angel at 13w(measured9w). Glad you got into the clinic so quickly, here's to hoping its something easily resolved! And before you know it you'll be on your way!

Good luck!

:dust:

Mowat so sorry hun for your loss. :hugs:

Sabster another montreal-er eh?!! :yipee: im not alone! xx Welcome. I really like the royal vic. Oh had some testing done there for other reproductive issues and they were really great. How exactly does it work? Are you paying anyting to get tested?

Welcome Sabster and good luck. Thanks for the Internet site tip. I love Montreal!

Mowat so sorry hun for your loss. :hugs:

Sabster another montreal-er eh?!! :yipee: im not alone! xx Welcome. I really like the royal vic. Oh had some testing done there for other reproductive issues and they were really great. How exactly does it work? Are you paying anyting to get tested?

Hey Sally, I was referred by my doctor, but I don't think you need a referral necessarily. Here is the website :https://www.mcgillivf.com/e/McgillIVF.asp
and you can call and ask the nurse/secretary person for details.

I didn't ask my doc to refer me anywhere bu she said that it's close to a year I should probably check it out just in case and i got my appointment within 5 weeks ( miracle by Quebec standards) so I'm pretty nervous about it, it's at the end of the month!!

Before the first appointment you need to get 2 blood tests: progesterone 7 days before expected period and on CD2-5 you need to get another hormonal blood test, in addition to a baseline ultrasound. The male partner needs to do a semen analysis.

I haven't paid for anything up to date and it's part of the MUHC hospitals so I'm pretty sure its free ( except some IVF things) I hope it all goes well and that we get pregnant soon.

Im also doing or trying to do a liver cleanse to help with all the extra hormones swimming around in my body and Ive come to the conclusion that I can no longer drink a bottle f wine to myself or any booze for that matter, so Im gonna go cold turkey on the booze. I hope it helps, I tried to ignore the whole " don't drink while TTC" but I think it will help improve my chances.

I will definately check it out! thank you!!

Its been 3 years in may that we started with 2 (possibly 3) losses. Im so surprised they arent following me closer...actually they arent following me at all. grrr

Sally I was told that after one year you can get testing started or after 2 losses. I'd push or seek a new doctor!! That's crazy...

Ladies, just thought I would give a quick update. AF is due tomorrow, praying it doesn't arrive. I'm due to go the fertility centre Fri. If it still hasn't shown. It's been hard not to test but I promised myself.

Sally, you should definately look into another doctor. Going to a Fertility Centre isthe best way to know what's going on with your body. While its still frustrating not getting A BFP at least now I know the issues, why its taking so long and what my options are.

Good luck sunny!!!

Update on me, my bfn got the better of me. And next month wil mark the 3 years ttc. SO i called and have managed to get an appointment with my dr. Hopefully she ll be able to refer me to someone. Appointment schedualed for tomrorow!

Good luck testing Sunny skies! Fingers crossed for a BFP <3

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow sally :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->