Canadian Home Birthers

Lalalalala.... I can't believe #2 is going later than #1 did. Thought that 2nd babies came earlier?? And #1 was a week late! lol.

Hang in there! :hugs: Any day now!

Lalalalala.... I can't believe #2 is going later than #1 did. Thought that 2nd babies came earlier?? And #1 was a week late! lol.

Well aliss, unless I start to feel SOMETHING I'll be joining you in the late club tomorrow! No twinges, no signs...arg!

Awww, thank you girls! Sorry for my late reply! Apparently my bitching sent me into labour and he was born that day!!! :)

Aliss I think I had mine the day after you? I was Nov 9th...

Oh nm it was a few days later! I'm thinking of his age by due date (for wonder weeks since I'm obsessed with them right now) lol

Haha! Yeah mine was due the 21st, then the 29th, then born the 5th. Those little guys, making us wait :rofl: Atleast they are here now, that was a frustrating wait!!

Lol yes, except I am dreaming of the sleep I had even in third trimester!

hey can i join i went natural with my son and we have decided to do a home birth donno if ill give birth on bed or pool yet still a scary thought

hey can i join i went natural with my son and we have decided to do a home birth donno if ill give birth on bed or pool yet still a scary thought

Sèbastian? Tu es francophone???

Anyways, I would set up both pool and the bed - then go for what you choose at the moment. I had the pool ready, but decided the bed. Didn't want to use the pool.

Sèbastian? Tu es francophone???

Anyways, I would set up both pool and the bed - then go for what you choose at the moment. I had the pool ready, but decided the bed. Didn't want to use the pool.

Agreed! I had them both set up but I used the pool, not the bed at all. It's all in the moment!

I laboured in the pool from 7-10 cm and ended up pushing in there for an hour... and when I wasn't getting anywhere my MW encouraged me to have her in bed. So that's what I did! It's good to be prepared for whatever you 'may' want. :) Good luck hun!!! Home births are so awesome!!!

Hi ladies.

Due Aug 1st. Getting serious about a HB. My DH isn't thrilled, but he said its my choice. I find its a harder choice to make with him not 100% on board.

Anyone who has had their births want to tell me about what kind of "mess" was left to clean up? And how much work they thought the prep was??

I had a natural hospital birth with my first (12hrs) and would have been shorter if nurse had broken my water... but our hospital seems to be understaffed and no nurses were available for me, so i was sorta "floating" around mat ward, with no room, and no care LOL. Wanting to avoid that this time.

Hey! I'm due June 2nd, and I live just an hour and a bit away from you!

This is my first baby, so I don't have any advice about the mess, but my midwife assures me that she is the one who does the clean-up, and she's given me a list of things to have ready before hand to facilitate that. Would you like me to put it up for you?

Hi ladies.

Due Aug 1st. Getting serious about a HB. My DH isn't thrilled, but he said its my choice. I find its a harder choice to make with him not 100% on board.

Anyone who has had their births want to tell me about what kind of "mess" was left to clean up? And how much work they thought the prep was??

I had a natural hospital birth with my first (12hrs) and would have been shorter if nurse had broken my water... but our hospital seems to be understaffed and no nurses were available for me, so i was sorta "floating" around mat ward, with no room, and no care LOL. Wanting to avoid that this time.

also- My sister in law and cousins all live in KW- I'm there all the time :)

Hi Ruaar! Congrats on your first!

I have spoken to my midwife a bit about it... will ask more at my next appt. i have seen a couple of supply lists they all look pretty much the same :) thanks. I guess i really enjoyed not having to do anything after my hospital birth. People cleaned up, took care of me... and i dont' want to be dealing with birth aftermath LOL.

You must be GTA or London area?? I like KW, nice and "central" LOL.

The setup I thought was easy. Had a list of things to get and my midwife sold a package of supplies for $20. Rented a pool and it was delivered. Set up the room by 38 weeks but DH set up the pool the day of.

Cleanup I didn't even notice because the midwives and DH did everything. The only thing I even saw happening was laundry the next day (towels) and some garbage (pads and shower curtain I put on the futon in our birth room) being taken out. Otherwise it was in no way an inconvenience at all!

I'm actually an hour away from london too haha. I live in Good Ol' Huron County haha...about as 'uncentral' as you can get in South Western Ontario :dohh: lol

I was worried about the cleanup too, and my midwife was very reassuring..she basically said that it's my job to just mom (and DH's to just dad!) and they'll do the rest.

They'll bring yellow hazmat bags and do everything. They don't even want you getting out of bed, just lay there and nurse, that's all!!! Besides, if you try and get up to clean, you're just going to leak icky blood & other gunk all over the floor and make it worse!!

Hi ladies :wave:

I'm in BC - due beginning of July - and really hoping for a HB, but unsure whether the midwife in the town I'll be giving birth in will be able to take me on... I wish there were more mid-wives around!

Where in BC are you? They are quickly gaining popularity here and ubc is taking in even more now!

Where in BC are you? They are quickly gaining popularity here and ubc is taking in even more now!

I know! I'm so glad midwives are making a comeback in our world :thumbup:

I live on a small island north of Quadra Island - about 1.5 hrs from Campbell River. I will be going to Sechelt to give birth and there is currently only one registered MW there and she is only taking 2 women per month. She says she's inclined to take me on as well since I want a HB and she is the only one able to offer me that... But I'll find out in 3 weeks her decision :wacko:

Have you ever heard of a doctor agreeing to a HB in BC??? I just started thinking about this this morning - I wonder if my doc would agree to that?! :haha:

omg we have friends on Quadra :rofl: Small world

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->