Canadian Home Birthers

I'm on Van Isl, born and raised ;)

I highly doubt an OB would do that but I live in Vic now and if you choose an OB you usually have a rotation of 5-7 and never know who will be on call when you are in labour!

hey can i join i went natural with my son and we have decided to do a home birth donno if ill give birth on bed or pool yet still a scary thought

Sèbastian? Tu es francophone???

Anyways, I would set up both pool and the bed - then go for what you choose at the moment. I had the pool ready, but decided the bed. Didn't want to use the pool.

my hubby is half french half greek

I'm on Van Isl, born and raised ;)

I highly doubt an OB would do that but I live in Vic now and if you choose an OB you usually have a rotation of 5-7 and never know who will be on call when you are in labour!

I love the Island, esp Comox Valley area. And Victoria, I always want to go to Victoria and drink delicious beer.

It's strange to me how places so close in jurisdiction can operate so differently... If I can't get the MW then I'll see a regular family doctor who normally only takes maternity patients. She is so great and I'd be thrilled to have her too, except she delivers in hospitals. However, she always delivers her mat patients babies so it's not like being cared for by an OB. So I won't choose an OB, if I somehow turned high risk I'd have to give birth in Vancouver as Sechelt doesn't handle high risk or births before 36w.
But, if I do end up seeing the reg doc I will ask her, just to see, if she'd be willing to attend at home :shrug: she delivered two of my nieces, so she's kind of 'in the family' :haha:

I had my home birth on June 1st!

I am Strep B + , and everything went well

Hi Ladies, another home birth hopeful from Canada here. I live in Nova Scotia and I am really hopeful but a lot of factors have to fall in place for our homebirth to happen

Hey congrats, that is wonderful!

Did you have to have antibiotics or was your midwife just not concerned with transfer to baby??

Hey congrats, that is wonderful!

Did you have to have antibiotics or was your midwife just not concerned with transfer to baby??

She was not concerned at all, because my water didn't break until I was about 8-9 cm dialated, and things progressed very quickly from that point. We had IV antibiotics on hand, but didn't end up using them.

Are there any new Canadian Home Birthers out there?

I'm looking forward to my home birth in Ontario in mid-April. I was devastated to be put on the waiting list for a midwife - figured I would end up in the hospital again. But we were lucky enough to get a spot just in October, so we met with her last week and our next appointment is Nov 18th where we meet our second/back-up midwife. Yaay!

Anyone else out there for 2014?

Hi ladies!!!

I've been in the Homebirthers section before but I can't remember if I was here specifically. My name is Brandi, and I have three kids, ages 6, 5, and 2. I had hospital births and an OB with my two oldest, and a hospital birth with a midwife for my third. I wanted to do a homebirth with my youngest but my then husband wasn't having any of it because we almost lost our son at 3 hours old. He stopped breathing.

Now I'm expecting number 4 in July and going with a midwife again, and since I'm single, no man shall stand in my way of a home birth! I look forward to getting to know you ladies better!

Hey Ladies!!!

Just wanted to joint the club!! :) I had a hospital birth with an OB with my first and just had My first HB with my second on Halloween!! I have to say i was soooo nervous about it at first but i am now SOOOOOOOOOOO happy i did it! It was the most amazing experience and i felt so comfortable being at home.

I'm a home birth hopeful in Toronto! Due Jan 21st; so far, so good. I'm thinking of trying a water birth but not 100% decided on that aspect. This is our first.

I am just east of Vancouver and just had a home birth. It was wonderful. Midwives so supportive, no mess and I was in my bed nursing about 20m after birth. Had a bit of a bleed but it was just fine, and despite that still no mess on the carpets. Totally professional and lovely.

I am just east of Vancouver and just had a home birth. It was wonderful. Midwives so supportive, no mess and I was in my bed nursing about 20m after birth. Had a bit of a bleed but it was just fine, and despite that still no mess on the carpets. Totally professional and lovely.

I had no idea you were in Langley lol, I moved from there about 2.5 years ago. There's no BnB girls here in MTL. :shrug: Congrats on your home birth!! I heard great things about the Langley midwives. I had Alex at Langley Memorial and it was an absolute nightmare, hate that friggin place and my friends all warned me, should've listened. Had a home birth here in MTL.

I had no idea you were in Langley lol, I moved from there about 2.5 years ago. There's no BnB girls here in MTL. :shrug: Congrats on your home birth!! I heard great things about the Langley midwives. I had Alex at Langley Memorial and it was an absolute nightmare, hate that friggin place and my friends all warned me, should've listened. Had a home birth here in MTL.

If it was a hospital birth it would have been Langley Memorial too as I would not have made it to Surrey in time most likely not that I wanted to birth there either. First 2 were born in St. Pauls. My me told me that Langley keep you for at least 24 hours regardless of how uncomplicated the birth is..glad we both had a home birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->