Canadian Ladies!! From TTC to Week 13!

Hello! My name is Julia, I'm in PEI. So nice to have people close by to talk to! Im 29, husband is 31. I'm due Dec.6th with #2! My husband is on his last 6 weeks of on job training for computer programming and I can't wait for him to get a real job so we can finally buy our own home. My beautiful little Rosalina Theodora was born Nov.1, 2010. It's funny how you were talking earlier of big babies cause she was 11lbs, 10oz! Tried pushing for two hours (which were excruciating) and ended up with a c-section, she was too big to get out, lol! She's awesome and amazing! I'm hoping this bean is a little smaller though, hehe! I'm looking forward to getting to know you lovely ladies as we go through the next many months together!

Hello from Saskatoon Saskatchewan! I'm 28 DH is 30, and we are expecting #1 October 9th! We struggled to conceive for a long while as I have PCOS. It was one of the hardest things I've had to deal with. BUT after only 1 month on Clomid we got our wish!

We are actually relocating soon to basically the SK/AB border lol My DH works in the oil industry out there, so we are gonna buy a house. :flow: I'm a respite worker at a group home for adult men with mental illness, but once we move I will be a stay at home wife and then a stay at home mom! Just until our little ones are in school.

My DH is from the Island! Campbell River to be exact! it's truly an amazing place, i wish we could live there.

I hope you all have a wonderful April fools day!

I wish I could have my levels checked an more scans! They don't check levels at all here and we get just one scan at 16 weeks. They won't tell us the gender either, so well have to pay for a private 3d scan to know... Which I wanna know, hehe! Have a feeling this is a boy though! :D

Hello from Saskatoon Saskatchewan! I'm 28 DH is 30, and we are expecting #1 October 9th! We struggled to conceive for a long while as I have PCOS. It was one of the hardest things I've had to deal with. BUT after only 1 month on Clomid we got our wish!

We are actually relocating soon to basically the SK/AB border lol My DH works in the oil industry out there, so we are gonna buy a house. :flow: I'm a respite worker at a group home for adult men with mental illness, but once we move I will be a stay at home wife and then a stay at home mom! Just until our little ones are in school.

My DH is from the Island! Campbell River to be exact! it's truly an amazing place, i wish we could live there.

that is excellent news that it didnt take long on clomid! i cant wait to have baby number 2 so i can be a stay at home mom too! my mom was able to stay home with us and so was my husbands mom...so if we can afford to I plan on working minimally (for my sanity and to maintain a working liscene) once we have more than one little one around here! Campbell river is lovely but the price of real estate is climbing so high over there too! you just can't win!

juless - yeah, some areas of the lower mainland here wont tell you the gender either....i dont think i am in one of them, but if we are no big deal - we are more than willing to pay for a private gender scan...its the scans themselves I would like to keep to a minimum! but hopefully we can find out at out 20 week scan!....i too have a feeling its a boy! will be interesting to see if our hunches are right! keep me posted!

aliss - thats what my GP told me...first scan around 16 or 20 weeks. at least there is more to see at this time compared to 12! i agree - housing pricing are CRAZY! we bought a house last year but walked on the inspection....i am so glad it didnt turn out...since then we moved into another rental, and although it is only a one bedroom, we plan to stay till the new year at least...and then get back into the house search....but I think my dreams of what i grew up in (a huge house with a huge backyeard, 5 min walk to school...) are out of reach :( esp. if we stay in vancouver! we both have great jobs but at 30 and 32 you just dont have 1.5 million kicking around!

I hear ya on the housing! We live in Victoria and we bought a house three years ago, but to afford it I HAVE to work and we also have a suite that we rent out in the basement. It's a huge house and I love it, but it's a bit of a heavy burden carrying half a million in debt! Yikes...

Ya the real estate on the island is nuts! If DH and I were to buy in Saskatoon, i would def not be able to be a SAHM. But Small town sask is fortunately still super affordable! We are looking at a house that is going for 130,000... if we were to buy that same exact house in Saskatoon it would be at least 230,000 +.

Anyways back to baby stuff! We had an apt on Thursday and heard babies HB!! 165bpm!! It was just so lovely to hear:flow: Our next apt is he 24th! Then 4 short weeks after that our 20week ultra sound!!!!!!!! We are gonna wait until birth to find out the sex.

feb4th2011 - thats super exciting you heard the heart beat! how come you are going back for another scan before the 20 week scan? or were these by doppler? when are you due? i wish i were 12 weeks already! it will come quick enough i am sure! enjoying every minute of it. cross my fingers havent had much nausea! just a few minutes most mornings the last week or so...no vomitting.

That's so exciting! We have our first US on Tuesday and I am sooooo nervous. I'm sure it will be great but still, I am someone who always considers the worst possible scenario.

We are waiting to find out the gender too...I think. I REALLY want to know but I don't want to have too many US and I dont want to pay extra! I'd rather use the $100 on something for the baby. But then again...I REALLY want to know.

Oops! I should. Have mentioned that the thur apt was just a doppler apt. Because we used clomid I went in for a 6+3 ultrasound, the 20 week ultra sound is the common one. If you've had difficulties or use alternative methods to concieve they give u one around 6-12 weeks. If some of this doesn't make sense bare with me!! I'm typing on my phone while on a road trip (dad is driving!) My next apt on the 24th... Is for... I honestly have no idea lol. Maybe just blood pressure etc?

How often do you guys have apt? Starting at 12weeks we have an apt every 4 weeks until around 34 weeks, then its every 2 weeks I believe.

Thinkpos- I know exactly how u feel, just wanting to be a little further ahead!

Gaiagirl- will u just be doing the ultra sound this week and no other ones? I know what u mean about not wanting too many...

The one this week is a very short unofficial one at my midwives office. It's really just so I can hear the heartbeat before sharing the news with my family. I'll also have the 18-20 week anatomy scan where they check major organs, etc. And I think that's it!

The one this week is a very short unofficial one at my midwives office. It's really just so I can hear the heartbeat before sharing the news with my family. I'll also have the 18-20 week anatomy scan where they check major organs, etc. And I think that's it!

I'm jealous you have a mid wife... Saskatoon doesn't have very many, and none are taking new clients right now...

We can't have any midwives here in PEI, unless you pay one to come here and for their stay and everything. It sucks, but people are trying to change things.

I hope things do change in your provinces, I can't imagine using an OB...but I'm also a very non-medical person (unless it is necessary of course). I'm actually considering a home birth, although I have a lot more decision making to do on that one...

Hi all! I am Kristin and I live in Kelowna, BC with my wonderful husband, but I am originally a farm girl from SK! This will be our third pregnancy and we are hoping for a rainbow! I am 31 and we are ready to grow our family! My EDD will be either mid November, in or around there. I will be having this one before in or around 36-38 weeks!Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

You must be moving to or around Lloydminister! lol

Juless: That's so interesting... Hopefully things are gonna change soon!

Gaiagirl: I really wish I had the option of a homebirth. My sister had one in 2010 and she said she would never have done it any other way. She and my other sister are very holistic, and non-medical. I think it's great! I'm slowly on my way to changing my life style for the better as well... but i do struggle lol.

Krippy: Welcome! Very close! we are about an hour due south of LLoyd!
I'm so sorry to see that you had had such heart ache in the last 6 months.:flow:

Hi all! I am Kristin and I live in Kelowna, BC with my wonderful husband, but I am originally a farm girl from SK! This will be our third pregnancy and we are hoping for a rainbow! I am 31 and we are ready to grow our family! My EDD will be either mid November, in or around there. I will be having this one before in or around 36-38 weeks!Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Congrats on your new :bfp:!!! I also found out at 3weeks3days!

Congrats on your new :bfp:!!! I also found out at 3weeks3days!

Thank you! 3 is my lucky number so hoping we continue to get good news!

Moving to near to Provost are you?

Welcome Krippy!! Congrats on your bfp!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back