Canadian Ladies!! From TTC to Week 13!

Oh medic76097, I'd be careful if I were you, my son is 2 and we still call him "goo", he doesn't even respond to his own name half the time :rofl: LOL! It's an addictive nickname!

We've been calling our little one either baby or "turkey" since we are due right around Thanksgiving:flow:

When do you guys consider the first trimester to be over? I meant to ask my Gyno at my last apt, but i forgot...:doh: Everywhere I read is something different.
ie: 12weeks, 13 weeks, 14 weeks? 14 weeks makes sense to me, cause at that point you are really only 12 weeks pregnant. What are you going by?

Hmmmm.....I would think 14 weeks is the end of the first trimester too.

We've been calling our little one either baby or "turkey" since we are due right around Thanksgiving:flow:

When do you guys consider the first trimester to be over? I meant to ask my Gyno at my last apt, but i forgot...:doh: Everywhere I read is something different.
ie: 12weeks, 13 weeks, 14 weeks? 14 weeks makes sense to me, cause at that point you are really only 12 weeks pregnant. What are you going by?

It's 13 weeks here in Canada.. 14 seems to be a UK thing. Of course by then, you don't really have anything in common with 1st tri so most hop over to 2nd (can you tell this is my 3rd time here in 1st tri??)

I think it is in your 14th week, so you are done with first tri!!! So awesome, I cannot WAIT.

Did you have nausea and if so, have you noticed a decrease? Have you noticed more energy return?

As for nicknames, we usually change it weekly based on the fruit. My WTE app says we are a prune now, so we are going with prune. I guess in a week will be a lime?! That seems big compared to a prune though!!!!

We don`t have any nicknames yet...going to have to work on that! lol

I think 13 or 14 weeks sounds right to me!

I think it is in your 14th week, so you are done with first tri!!! So awesome, I cannot WAIT.

Did you have nausea and if so, have you noticed a decrease? Have you noticed more energy return?

As for nicknames, we usually change it weekly based on the fruit. My app says we are a prune now, so we are going with prune. I guess in a week will be a lime?! That seems big compared to a prune though!!!!

I think it's so cute you are calling it something different every week based on the ticker!!! hahaha. I change my BBM status to "I'm a____" every Tuesday, which is the day our week changes over:flow:

As for sickness, I felt crumby (yucky) from week 5-7, not nauseous just gross. I didn't want to eat anything (but i did) Then week 7 hit and I felt like CRAP I was so nauseous and it was awful... and it happened to land right on the week that my DH and I were on our anniversary trip to Banff,AB lol.
It started to subside right at the 8 week mark (which freaked the hell out of me!!!!) I thought for sure this was the end...
Now I find that I only feel nauseous when I eat to many carbs. Over all i think I had it really mild compared to some of the horror stories I've heard.

My tiredness was at it's worst from week 6-11. I'm still tired alot, but if I don't nap every day its not the end of the world anymore!

Thanks for all your reply's ladies!

Booo, so I am not going to have the same experience as you :dohh: I am STILL feeling awful. I am hoping I only have 3 more weeks to suffer through...

awww gaiagirl, i've heard lot of ladies feel much better after 1st tri. I hope its the same for you!

Hi girls,
So I am going to Portland, :plane:in two weeks and I will be 7 weeks then! Has any of you had to go through the full body scanner while pregnant? I am considering requesting a pat down....thoughts anyone? :help:

I would definitely refuse the scanner, not worth the risk. First they said it wasn't harmful then they said it was, then it wasn't...pat down is awkward but WAY safer!

Hi girls,
So I am going to Portland, :plane:in two weeks and I will be 7 weeks then! Has any of you had to go through the full body scanner while pregnant? I am considering requesting a pat down....thoughts anyone? :help:

O wow I never even thought of that... I have to fly at 31 weeks in August... I will def ask for a pat down. Although I am curious what all you think or have heard. Great question Babylovedream!

So I had my first OBGYN visit and bloodwork confirmed at 4 weeks 3 days I was 758, so Feb4th, we aren't far off. I'm getting an ultrasound on Wednesday to confirm gestational age and a precaution since I had a miscarriage last fall, but I expect that I'm due at or around December 6th.

I've been very nervous over past two days, I work as a nurse and our hospital has had many cases of diarrhea and vommitting and may potentially be on quarentine for Norwalk :( I'm so early in my pregnancy I didn't want to tell anyone and have to deal with the sorrows of rumors spreading if this pregnancy didn't last. I made the super tough decision not to tell anyone and I just wore gloves and mask to nearly every room. Crossing my fingers I don't get sick :( The joys of being a nurse.

I would too hold off on the full body scan. While the radiation levels are suggested safe, I'd take the pat down too.

I can't believe how very aware I am of my pregnancy, I'm constantly thinking about it and I'm glued to my phone apps following the progress of the baby. Yikes, will this subside any?

Hi girls,

I flew to Mexico and back at 8 weeks so I specifically asked my Dr. about this and then double checked at the airport. The body scanners there don't use any radiation and are perfectly safe. My doc said that the only thing there that actually produces radiation is the luggage x-ray and she recommended I don't try to squeeze thru there, (smart ass!)

Islandgirl - when I was 5 weeks I spent the afternoon with a friend who ended up coming down with Norwalk that evening! I was TERRIFIED. Everyone else she had been with all weekend got violently ill and I still hadn't told a single soul I was PG. I spent the next 48 hours in total fear.

Turns out I was fine, and also turns out Norwalk poses no direct threat to the baby. Only fever and dehydration are issues so if you end up getting it you can just get IV hydration. Obviously no fun, but dont be too stressed!

Thank you all for the responses. I think I'll be on the safe side and request a pat down!! I am having a bit of a weird day today, I am feeling less nauseous and less queasy and I am panicking that something is wrong!! Arghhhhh....I hate being this much nervous and I wish it was already 13 weeks and I'd know am in the clear!!!

Babylovedream - don't worry, at 5 weeks my symptoms were still pretty hit or miss. It wasn't until 6-7 weeks that I consistently felt nauseous and it hasn't gone since...ugh. Although I do have better and worse days still.

AFM - Got outside for a hike in the sun and fresh air today! Felt SO good...I also stopped at a local market and got some turkey franks made locally because I have been CRAVING sausages and hot dogs but won't do the crappy factory ones. These are nitrite free and so freaking amazing. Mmmmm...also got peach lemonade and watermelon, and blackberry sorbet bars...definitely into either meat or fruit. LOL.

What is everyone else craving?!

I'm mostly craving salty things! And dill pickles in everything... like pasta.... I almost made a mayo/dill pickle sandwich today. :p

I had thought I had been feeling the tiredness all last week, but it has def hit now. Now is the SUPER exhaustion where I can hardly keep my eyes open after supper! I can't believe how tired I am, and it's worse this time around having my daughter to look after as well.

I am only satisifed with veggie wraps with pickles and hot sauce, don't even want cereal in the morning! Also am loving celery and peanut butter. I was the same with my last pregnancy so hoping that it is another boy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->