Canadian Ladies!! From TTC to Week 13!

Hi girls,
Thanks again for checking in. So here are the news. I went for the scan, and it showed that I am 5 weeks 6 days today (and NOT 6 weeks 2 days as per my LMP). The vaginal ultrasound couldn't hear a heartbeat, which is making me nervous but the doctor and the ultrasound tech both said it's too early to hear it. The doctor also says I shouldn't worry about the discrepancy in my days because it all depends on when conception happened.
On the good news side, the ultrasound showed the sac, the yolk and the pole, which is supposedly good news. My HcG is also quite high (13937) and the doctor was happy with it. No bleeding, no spotting it's all gone now and cramps are almost noticeable.
Doctor asked me to come back in ten days for another ultrasound, to confirm viability and she sent me to do a progesterone test , which if it is high, is a very good sign that my little bean will stick. I am still nervous and all is uncertain but I am less scared, and praying so much that all goes well in ten days. Hopefully this was just a big scare! I am very nauseous today and very tired, and am going to take it easy and may be that will help too. I hope you are all doing well.
Medic, how are things with your pelvic pain? Thinking of all of and praying that we all finish our first trimester with no incident. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Great news babylove!!! So happy for you. I'm at the docs right now waiting to go in. I woke up this morning with NO symptoms and I'm trying to ignore my inner voice telling me to freak out about it :). Lol. I'm stil having cramping/shooting pains just on my left flank. Tummy is still giving me trouble whenever I eat now. Feels like food is just sitting at the top of my stomach. It fels different then the sick feeling I was having before which again makes me worry. :(. It's an achy feeling in the pit rather then waves of nausea. I guess I'll see what the doc says and go from there.

So glad to hear that news Babylovedream!

medic, hoping all is well!!

Things are good my way. I was told to relax and stop googling everything.:dohh: My bloodwork at 5 weeks came back and my HcG levels are super high (Normal high level is about 3000 on their scale and mine was 4889) so doc thinks that once I stop looking at every cramp and symptom as a bad thing then Ill be fine. Cheeky doctor!:blush:
Im celebrating the 6 week mark today!! Dh is excited every week to see which fruit we are now and keeps asking me what Im making this week... as in eyes and ears and the heart started to pump this week. :haha: Such a goof. Im having trouble sleeping and feel like Im hung over all day. I crave water and right now cucumber and cheese sandwiches.
We have decided to tell my family by getting everyone together for a 'family photo' and video taping the whole thing when we tell them... its actaully a pretty cute idea. Thank you YouTube!!
Enjoy your Friday the 13th!!

Glad to hear you ladies are doing well. I was thinking of you all over the last few days so it's nice to see things are turning out positive.

Nothing new to report at my end, still getting large (bum, boobs and tummy), still super tired and all I want to do is eat. Trying hard to keep things under control as I've gained way too much weight already.:dohh:

Love the idea of the Canadian thread in the pregnancy forum as I feel weird creeping in on you guys in first tri all the time.

Glad to hear you ladies are doing well. I was thinking of you all over the last few days so it's nice to see things are turning out positive.

Nothing new to report at my end, still getting large (bum, boobs and tummy), still super tired and all I want to do is eat. Trying hard to keep things under control as I've gained way too much weight already.:dohh:

Love the idea of the Canadian thread in the pregnancy forum as I feel weird creeping in on you guys in first tri all the time.

Won't be long and a few more of us will be "creeping" right along with you!

All I want to do is eat too!:haha:

I've had very slight cramps last few days, extreme hunger (as in as soon as I feel hungry I MUST eat or I get super angry and annoyed!), and lower back pain. My back feels much better today though, since I slept with a pillow between my knees last night. I'm sure still having to carry my large DD around isn't helping either! (She weighs almost 33lbs and is only 1 1/2, so it can be hard!). The cramps make me nervous, but I'm reassured whenever I wipe and no spotting!
Glad to hear all is going well for everyone!!

Happt Monday...lol. Not my favorite day.

Hope you all had great weekends!

So a friend of mine, who I told over the weekend, leant me her Doppler. I made a deal with myself to only use it for 10 min once a week...and no luck last night :( I kept seeing high numbers flash on the display but couldn't hear anything! I'm not stressed but I can see how Dopplers can cause stress...now almost wishing I hadn't gotten it.

I'm goin to try again in a week and see if it's easier.

Awww Gaiagirl! Sorry it wasn't a good experience for you. I have been offered one to use as well and I think that is exactly why I won't get one...for the disappoint if I don't do it right and then freaking myself out. I hope that it works better for you in a week...I know a lot of ladies that love them and couldn't live without one! If it still doesn't work ask someone to hide it for you so that you can't find it! lol

Hi Jules,
I think the cramps at this stage are normal, at least that is what my doctor said. baby is going through lots of changes and trying to find space. i had a similar scare and i till have on and off cramps (even had mild spotting last week) but the doc said it is normal. but am your opposite when it comes to food, i have no appetite at all. hang in there and let us know how you feeling. can you get some help with DD and rest a bit in the day?

I've had very slight cramps last few days, extreme hunger (as in as soon as I feel hungry I MUST eat or I get super angry and annoyed!), and lower back pain. My back feels much better today though, since I slept with a pillow between my knees last night. I'm sure still having to carry my large DD around isn't helping either! (She weighs almost 33lbs and is only 1 1/2, so it can be hard!). The cramps make me nervous, but I'm reassured whenever I wipe and no spotting!

Hey Juless! Just wanted to say, I had cramping for quite a few weeks. Can't remember exactly how long. Maybe to 7-8? :flower:

I think I'm the only one who isn't cramping???!!!??? I did at 3-5 dpo but that's been it! I've had sharp stabbing pains, which I now think are round ligament pain but no cramping
I've also discovered that my prenatal vitamins are the culprit in my MS which, ironically is worse at night. I'm going to write a book called 'S&$t your mom didn't tell you about getting knocked up!'. It will include the out of body experiences I have that are 'mood swings' and the instant repulsion to DHs body wash smell (poor DH. Lol) I should link my blog on here. Some of you might get a laugh.

Hey everyone! I just found this thread. My name's Kristy and I'm 26. I'm pregnant with my 2nd, due Nov 30th! I'm from Airdrie, which is right outside of Calgary. It's awesome to find some other Canadians to talk to!

Has anyone else from Alberta tried to get a midwife but failed? I called pretty much the second I found out I was pregnant (4 weeks!) and all of them still said they were full for my due date! I really wanted to go to the midwife route this time around and I'm pretty disappointed.

Welcome Kristy! :flow: Can you ask about a waiting list? I know in Saskatchewan you can be added to one, and then if someone becomes available they can call you.

Thanks guys! Cramping seems to have gone too, or at least it's hardly noticeable! Welcome Kristypants!!

Phew, I'm exhausted today. Found a spurt of energy and got the kitchen cleaned, but now I feel awful. I knew that being pregnant while caring for my daughter would be tough, but never imagined how much harder it would be. Right now I'm also caring for my disabled aunt. (We are stuck living in my parent's basement apt while hubby finishes training.. then we are moving! He's done in 3 1/2 weeks, YES!!!). It's not a tough job, but it adds more on me I just don't feel like I can handle much longer. Luckily I won't have to do it soon after OH starts working.

That is great news Jules! I have been so tired these last couple days too and I can't even imagine how I could handle caring for a baby in this state! You are so brave! I just feel constantly awful! I haven't done any cooking for days! Let's hope second trimester shows up fast!

Welcome Kristypants :)

Thanks guys! Cramping seems to have gone too, or at least it's hardly noticeable! Welcome Kristypants!!

Phew, I'm exhausted today. Found a spurt of energy and got the kitchen cleaned, but now I feel awful. I knew that being pregnant while caring for my daughter would be tough, but never imagined how much harder it would be. Right now I'm also caring for my disabled aunt. (We are stuck living in my parent's basement apt while hubby finishes training.. then we are moving! He's done in 3 1/2 weeks, YES!!!). It's not a tough job, but it adds more on me I just don't feel like I can handle much longer. Luckily I won't have to do it soon after OH starts working.

Hey everyone! I just found this thread. My name's Kristy and I'm 26. I'm pregnant with my 2nd, due Nov 30th! I'm from Airdrie, which is right outside of Calgary. It's awesome to find some other Canadians to talk to!

Has anyone else from Alberta tried to get a midwife but failed? I called pretty much the second I found out I was pregnant (4 weeks!) and all of them still said they were full for my due date! I really wanted to go to the midwife route this time around and I'm pretty disappointed.

:hi: I'm just outside of Calgary too, but the other direction, (south). I go to a low risk pregnancy clinic where we meet with both OBs and midwives.

Hi ladies. I'm currently sitting in the emergency room waiting to see a doctor. Had some spotting and nasty cramps since last night and have lost all my pregnancy sympotoms I was having before. :(. Worried but hoping to get some answers soon.
Wish me luck. :(

Thinking of you medic! Hope all is ok and baby's just giving you a scare. Keep us posted!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->