Canadian Ladies!! From TTC to Week 13!

Just said a little prayer for you and your bean Babylovedream, hope all will be well. *hugs*

Thanks to all of you who sent in good vibes. I just came back from ER where I got mixed reviews. The doctor took blood and urine sample, and checked my cervix and found it closed which is good news bc it means no mc was happening. She also seemed relieved that bleeding was not heavy. She said it's 50/50 chances and sent me for sonogram tomorrow. Cramps are gone, so is lower back pain. Am going to try and relax (something i am not very good with). Tomorrow is another day. hopefully better than today. thanks again for being there. :hugs:

Glad to hear that things are looking up. Relaxing is the best thing for you now.
:flower:

So glad to hear things so far are good. Was worried about you yesterday so thanks for updating us. Good luck with the scan tomorrow!

Hey ladies:) Just a quick update on me an baby:flow:

I have graduated to maternity pants! I really love them, and i kinda want to wear them for the rest of my life lol. Thyme Maternity is really the only store in Saskatoon that has descent clothing. I went to Motherhood and it gave me a 2nd hand store kind of feeling but you have to pay full price lol. Don't get me wrong I love 2nd hand stores cause you can get such good deals :)

My skin has been extremely dry throughout my whole pregnancy, I use rocky mountain soap products and I'm not getting any relief. Anyone have any organic/ natural alternatives?

I'm still pretty tired all the time, but i'm not finding it necessary to nap everyday anymore.
I'm so happy to be in my 2nd trimester, but now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with what i need to do before baby arrives. What do I need, how many, etc.

I was also wondering if anyone can tell me what I should ask a doula in an interview? I'm having anxiety cause I haven't dealt with this yet...

Hope you are all well :flow:

babylovedream-> I hope things are going well. Xx

When we chose our doula for our last birth we actually went to a event that was almost like speed dating. It was great bc we were able to talk with about 5 doulas/midwives all in one night. I asked about price (some were free as going through their schooling), their experience with their own births or other births, how they would describe themselves (personality and morals/views), availability, pain management techniques. I then explained how I wanted my birth to happen and asked them how they would make that happen. Gl with finding someone! :)

Hi Feb4th2011,
I wanted to share a tip about dry skin products. I am of mixed ethnicity so my skin gets pretty dry during winter or very hot summers. My dermatologist recommended something when I was pregnant last time and I hope it can help you. She said I could use BIO-OIL SKIN TREATMENT (you can find this at shoppers drug mart) and use it mixed with any cocoa butter cream. The bio-oil is good and they say it prevents stretch marks. But I use it simply because it's organic and makes my skin less itchy. Good luck.
And thanks for checking in. Update coming.

I have graduated to maternity pants! I really love them, and i kinda want to wear them for the rest of my life lol. Thyme Maternity is really the only store in Saskatoon that has descent clothing. I went to Motherhood and it gave me a 2nd hand store kind of feeling but you have to pay full price lol. Don't get me wrong I love 2nd hand stores cause you can get such good deals :)

My skin has been extremely dry throughout my whole pregnancy, I use rocky mountain soap products and I'm not getting any relief. Anyone have any organic/ natural alternatives?

I'm still pretty tired all the time, but i'm not finding it necessary to nap everyday anymore.
I'm so happy to be in my 2nd trimester, but now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with what i need to do before baby arrives. What do I need, how many, etc.

I was also wondering if anyone can tell me what I should ask a doula in an interview? I'm having anxiety cause I haven't dealt with this yet...

I have some maternity pants already that I sneak and wear sometimes. :dohh: I dont need them yet, but they are so comfy!! I get why women wear them forever. :haha: I have the same dry skin issue that you have. I picked up Palmers Bump butter. I dont think its organtic but its several different types of coco and palm oils together. It smells like chocolate, which I would normally love but its making my stomach churn right now. :growlmad:
Congrats on your 2nd tri!!

I am wondering if anyone is having any digestive issues?? Seems like Im shoving everything I can into my mouth and some of it is making my tummy protest. I was up most of last night with stomach cramps (Not baby related). I find that Im a little worried today as I am not as tired, my BBs are not as sore and my weak tummy isnt so weak anymore and I have been having cramping just on one side thats about the height of my hip bone :(... I hope its just a day to day thing and doesnt mean anything!!

Hi ladies,
So after all the drama at the hospital yesterday, today was completely different! No more bleeding (even spotting was gone by the morning). I still have a few twinges in lower belly but barely noticeable! Not sure what to make of this. Clinic called this morning and I have an appointment for scan first thing tomorrow am. My doctor thinks it was nothing and I am not sure what to make of it! I am having trouble figuring out what to eat, not nauseous but queasy and no appetite. I also had a nap this afternoon and it felt so good. Anyway, I wanted to share with you that things seem to be back in place. Let's hope that the scan tomorrow doesn't bring any bad news! I know, I should think positive! Am trying!! Thank you all for the nice and kind thoughts. This forum is so helpful, it keeps many of us from becoming insane! xoxoxo

Hi Medic,
It's good to hear from you! On the skin care prod, try the Vaseline Cocoa butter, it's not that much smelly and it's good for dry skins!

I have been having stomach issues from the beginning, but I thought it was because I have a weak stomach anyway. Over the last three days I have had really weird BMs and I go more often than usual and not sure if it's because I have been eating too many apples. Let's hope so.

Do you remember what you had eaten before you got sick? I find that dairy products make me sicker than any other type of food.

I wouldn't worry too much about the symptoms, apparently they come and go as they please! if you ain't bleeding it's not bad news. As for the hip pain, may be something that got to do with sitting or standing up for long hours?
Keep the spirits high and keep me posted. Take care. xoxox

I have some maternity pants already that I sneak and wear sometimes. :dohh: I dont need them yet, but they are so comfy!! I get why women wear them forever. :haha: I have the same dry skin issue that you have. I picked up Palmers Bump butter. I dont think its organtic but its several different types of coco and palm oils together. It smells like chocolate, which I would normally love but its making my stomach churn right now. :growlmad:
Congrats on your 2nd tri!!

I am wondering if anyone is having any digestive issues?? Seems like Im shoving everything I can into my mouth and some of it is making my tummy protest. I was up most of last night with stomach cramps (Not baby related). I find that Im a little worried today as I am not as tired, my BBs are not as sore and my weak tummy isnt so weak anymore and I have been having cramping just on one side thats about the height of my hip bone :(... I hope its just a day to day thing and doesnt mean anything!!

Hope tommorow is a great day for you Babylovedream! Glad to hear things have improved!

I've been feeling sick all day, and hungry! Exhausted too, and moody. Other than that great, lol! Oh and I've been having some muscle pains and sore lower back today too.

Happy to hear the good news babylove. Good luck with your scan tomorrow!:thumbup:

I am so glad to hear today was better. You are amazing for staying so positive, I will be thinking of you tomorrow...

Also -- I feel like someone should start a Canadian Ladies thread in the Pregnancy club so we can all stay in touch as we slowly start moving into second tri and beyond!

When we chose our doula for our last birth we actually went to a event that was almost like speed dating. It was great bc we were able to talk with about 5 doulas/midwives all in one night. I asked about price (some were free as going through their schooling), their experience with their own births or other births, how they would describe themselves (personality and morals/views), availability, pain management techniques. I then explained how I wanted my birth to happen and asked them how they would make that happen. Gl with finding someone! :)

This sounds amazing and I so wish I could just go to an event like that. :thumbup:

Thanks soo much for the tip!! I'm gonna look into that:) I hope everything goes fantastic today:flower:

Hi Feb4th2011,
I wanted to share a tip about dry skin products. I am of mixed ethnicity so my skin gets pretty dry during winter or very hot summers. My dermatologist recommended something when I was pregnant last time and I hope it can help you. She said I could use BIO-OIL SKIN TREATMENT (you can find this at shoppers drug mart) and use it mixed with any cocoa butter cream. The bio-oil is good and they say it prevents stretch marks. But I use it simply because it's organic and makes my skin less itchy. Good luck.
And thanks for checking in. Update coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"