Can't do this any more

S

Shifter

I am exhausted. I'm just not sleeping and haven't been for months now. Some nights I get to sleep OK, but wake up in the early hours with terrible back ache and hip pain that keeps me awake. Other nights, like tonight, the back ache kicks in before I get to sleep and I just can't get comfortable.

What am I meant to do? How will I cope when bubs arrives and needs feeding when I've already missed out on six months' sleep?? :cry:

I can't do this any more. I am so tired, I just want to sleep :hissy:

Aww babe....you can do it:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

im feeling exactly the same!!!! sleep deprevations NOT good.

all i can say is when the babys born adrenaline takes over and you just go in 2 overdrive :)

that is true when baby gets there you will be surprised how much energy you realize you still have

Thanks for the support :)

Hubby woke up and came to find me last night. He moved the futon mattress from the living room and put it over our lumpy old mattress. I was actually comfortable for the rest of the night :happydance:

:hugs:
It's hard to get on top of things if you are not getting enough sleep. Even power napping during the day can make a massive difference. I had hip trouble before being PG, my OH thought the bed was fine but changed the mattress because he was desperate for a baby and there was no way i would consider it without a new mattress. It's sooo comfy and lovely, I have had barely any hip pain even being PG. I had some back ache but found the cause was the computer chair and haven't had any since I started using an exercise ball to sit on. :hugs:

Try drnkng warm mlk or herbal teas and a bath before bed hun! Any stress on your mnd so you cant swtch off?
You could get OH to knock you out :rofl: xx
Hope you feel better soon xx

Aww, I completely sympathise :( I've been struggling with lack of sleep but I do find that having a warm bath does really help. I've also got the luxury of being able to have a nap when I come home from work - now that really does help.

:hug: hope you get some sleep soon :)

aww shifter.

All I can say is it's amazing how little sleep you survive on once baby is here it always amazes me when I look back. I had a 26 hr labour, been awake for 36 hours went into labour at midnight with no sleep! Then had a two hour kip and was wide awake for my my new baby, just gazing at him!

As for a few weeks after the birth, def sleeping when baby sleeps is an essential part of survival, ya honestly have to leave the chores hehe!

You'll be fine hunni! Glad lovely dh got ya comfy for at least one night!

awww hun, try reading a book in the bath or something, completly clear ur mind. Reading books makes me very tired as it stresses the eyes and makes them want to shut. Good luck hun and hope u get some sleep x

When I was pregnant with my oldest son I had terrible sleep patterns, absolutely awful. I went for the last 6 months with barely an hour an night sleep and sadly my pregnancy ended in a section and because I had had such a rough pregnancy my section took a long time to recover from. It is hard but you will cope hun because you have to.

You will find the energy when bubs arrives and don't forget it is a common misconception that all babies are awake all night. A lot of babies aleep for 4 hours at a time so you may find you get more sleep after the baby arrives. Don't dispair hun, you'll find the strength from some where. And in the mean time I hope you feel free to moan to us when ever you want to :hug::hugs:

Thanks again all. We have kept the futon on our bed and it is so much more comfortable now. I have been under A LOT of stress since we moved for one reason and another so that was definitely keeping me awake. When I posted this thread I had a really good cry, spoke to a friend and hubby when he woke up too. Getting it all out seems to have helped a lot.

Yesterday I was so uncomfortable all day with aching limbs and back that I had a lovely hot bath in the evening and dozed on the sofa right up to midnight! Hubby woke me up to count the new year in, I said a very sleepy "Hootenanny" and went to bed, falling asleep in seconds :sleep:

I am exhausted. I'm just not sleeping and haven't been for months now. Some nights I get to sleep OK, but wake up in the early hours with terrible back ache and hip pain that keeps me awake. Other nights, like tonight, the back ache kicks in before I get to sleep and I just can't get comfortable.

What am I meant to do? How will I cope when bubs arrives and needs feeding when I've already missed out on six months' sleep?? :cry:

I can't do this any more. I am so tired, I just want to sleep :hissy:

:hugs: Have you talked about taking something that is safe for the pains at night with doctor? maybe a heating pad, I love mine!

Thanks again all. We have kept the futon on our bed and it is so much more comfortable now. I have been under A LOT of stress since we moved for one reason and another so that was definitely keeping me awake. When I posted this thread I had a really good cry, spoke to a friend and hubby when he woke up too. Getting it all out seems to have helped a lot.

Yesterday I was so uncomfortable all day with aching limbs and back that I had a lovely hot bath in the evening and dozed on the sofa right up to midnight! Hubby woke me up to count the new year in, I said a very sleepy "Hootenanny" and went to bed, falling asleep in seconds :sleep:

Stress sure can do it! I forgot a good bath helps too! I get cramps in my legs! :(

Awwwww Holly hun .
I know its been horrid for you , I really hope you manage to get a good well earned rest soon . xxxxxxxxxxxxx .

Hope you are feeling a bit more rested Shifter xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->