Can't leave her!

goldlion

Mommy
Reaction score
Aspen is over a month old now and I'm still so attached to her-- I can't leave her, even with OH. I know he'd do a fantastic job if I were to go out but I just can't bring myself to go anywhere without her. My friends are all back from college and university now and I had planned to go out with them a few days ago to have a drink or two but right before I was supposed to go I canceled.

I feel pressured from my mom because she wants to babysit her. I told her I wasn't ready to leave her quite yet and she got upset saying that she was ready to watch her and it's her turn.

Does it get easier? Do you guys think I should just go out and then I'll see that it isn't so bad?? Or should I just wait until I'm ready?

i cant really say as my bundle of joy not born yet...but is id say when u r comfortable as u will only have poo night worrying constantly,....or maybe try going out for short intivals first like maybe for an hour etc to get urself used to it....as long as u no u got ya fone with u to call and see if she ok at anytime then it should be ok xxx good luck xxx

I haven't left Anna with anyone else yet (But then I'm breastfeeding on demand so can't really!) But I wouldn't want to... She's my baby, and I reckon it'll be a good 6 months at least before I feel happy to leave her with someone else and go out without her...

It's no problem if you don't feel like leaving her yet - just wait until you're ready - and certainly don't take that pressure from your mother - This is your baby, not hers!

Take care, hun and let us know what you decide on x

Thanks Tasha, that really puts my mind at ease. I really don't think I'm anywhere near ready and think I'll just wait until I'm comfortable.

I didn't leave Kaya with anyone including OH until she was about 5 months - I just didn't feel comfortable with it. I left her with someone other than OH (my sister) for the first time on sunday and she's nearly 6 months. You just go with what feels right for you and don't let anyone pressure you into anything you're not ready for.

My OH has been wanting to book tickets for an event in November (i'm due 12th July), and i have said i don't want to go already! she'll be around 4 months then. he was a little disapponted but i said i don't want to start planning nights out before she's even born lol

Aspen is over a month old now and I'm still so attached to her-- I can't leave her, even with OH. I know he'd do a fantastic job if I were to go out but I just can't bring myself to go anywhere without her. My friends are all back from college and university now and I had planned to go out with them a few days ago to have a drink or two but right before I was supposed to go I canceled.

I did the same thing with my first DD 12 years ago.

I feel pressured from my mom because she wants to babysit her. I told her I wasn't ready to leave her quite yet and she got upset saying that she was ready to watch her and it's her turn.

Her turn? :dohh:

I think that sounds a bit ridiculous. If you don't feel the need to get out for some you time, don't sweat it! Mama's have instincts for a reason, and if your instinct is telling you to stay with Aspen... you do it!

Does it get easier? Do you guys think I should just go out and then I'll see that it isn't so bad?? Or should I just wait until I'm ready?

You could do either. If you do the first, you'll PROBABLY find out it's not so bad, but why torture either of you for no reason!? Again, if you don't feel like having some 'alone' time, there's plenty of years down the road for that.

Happened with my first didnt leave her with anyone till she was 6-7 months , now with my second i went out last weekend. I felt nrevous at first and didnt stop ringing my OH but it felt great the next day. Felt like me again not just mum!

Dont stress though , its hard leaving baby first time, you know when you will be ready :)

My husband insists on making me go outside and leaving Mia with him because he sees how tired I get, so he always tells me to go and do something on my own.
It's working out wonderfully because he is so fantastic with her and I know Mia is in good hands.

I adore spending time with her, but sometimes you just need a bit of time to yourself, it doesn't mean you are a bad mom.

I have no problem leaving Josh with my husband now, but the first time I left the house without him I kept calling every 5 minutes, and I couldn't stop thinking : What if I miss out on something? I felt like when I would return he'd be walking & talking and I would have missed that... :dohh: lol

Now I have no problem leaving him with OH and my mom. They're the only 2 people I trust with him. But it feels good to go out and have some time for myself.

Just wait until you're ready :) But you'll definately feel good afterwards.

Yup I know exactly what you mean. DH, my Mum and my best mate are the only people I would leave them with when they're awake. I have a slightly wider list for when they're asleep.

I'd say leave her when you feel ready but start small with things like a trip to the corner shop for a pint of milk or something rather than a boozy night out.

I went to the grocery store the other day because I have felt really couped up in the house but I wasn't ready to take the baby to the store so daddy watched him for 30 minutes while I got us some groceries and got a Starbucks. I was really nervous to go but once I got home I felt a bit refreshed getting 1/2 hour to myself. When your ready start small and build your way up, I still haven't left him since then but next time I plan on leaving him with my OH a little longer so I can go get my hair done or something.

just take your time and be proud of the strong mother instinct and bond with your baby you have :cloud9:

don't feel pressured by anybody, it is your baby and you where the person who carried it for nine month!

therefore you have the right to decide, when it is the right time for you and the baby to leave LO out of your eyes :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->