Can't settle my baby - help!!

T

TashaAndBump

I have a baby girl, who is 10 days old today. :crib:

Usually she is so contented and will sleep through anything, which is great because it leaves me free to get on with the housework and whatever else I want to. But all through last night and thismorning Anna just won't settle properly - As soon as I put her down she wakes up and starts crying! It's frustrating because the house is a mess and I know DH would like me to tidy it up as much as I'd like to be able to. She doesn't seem to be feeding well, either; she keeps acting hungry, but when I put her to my breast she won't latch on and just falls asleep - but then when I take it away and put her down she wakes up and starts crying for it again. She seems settled so long as I'm cuddling her, but if I cuddle her all day and all night I'll never get anything done and I'll never get any sleep!!

Any advice you may have will be greatly appreciated - What am I doing wrong??? :cry:

DH would like you to tidy it up? You go to work hunny & have him be day time Mummy which I'm sure is night Mummy too! My OH was lucky to get his dinner unless he made it for us! ;) & I know its blergh when you want to get it done but hey ho just doesn't happen like that for a while until a bit of routine kicks in - you have to get use to being a Mummy & its a wonderful experience but not always the easiest.

As your breastfeeding I have no suggestions there but one of the other girls may be able to help! No idea if you can tell if the supply is coming through ok/enough! Have you tried a small dummy? Seeing if she has wind? Patting her back lightly for comfort and ease if she does? ermmmm poo'ing ok - OH started laying Caitlin down and propping her feet up as poss constipated and it helped. Of course the obvious temp ok ....

Can I suggest one of these too - worked for Moo even when we got it a bit late on :mrgreen:
https://www.princelionheart.com/site_uk/n_bc_0016.html
I got mine for a good price on eBay (new)

BTW your doing 'nothing' wrong

:hugs:

Try keeping her awake while you're feeding her, she may be going through a growth spurt

10 days is growth spurt.Itmay alsobe that she just wants to be near her mummy. Have you thought about a sling? Cally has days like this so I pop her in my hugabub ( a wrap sling) which keeps her really secure against me and I can have my hands free to do housework, look after Seren etc. Its a godsend,and she loves being carried, always falls asleep when she is in it.

10 days is growth spurt time.It may also be that she just wants to be near her mummy. Have you thought about a sling? Cally has days like this so I pop her in my hugabub ( a wrap sling) which keeps her really secure against me and I can have my hands free to do housework, look after Seren etc. Its a godsend,and she loves being carried, always falls asleep when she is in it.

2nd the growth spurt. Also remember to have her start feeding BEFORE she gets frustrated babies are more likely to stay attached and actually feed rather than fall asleep when you get to a point where you can anticipate their hunger and get them on the breast.

Swaddling? The carrier sounds perfect too.

Thank you everyone :) Things much better now - the sling was a great idea; I got myself a close baby carrier sling and Anna loves it - whizzed round and did all of the housework with her on my front thismorning :D. Mind you she's much back to her old self now - slept peacefully last night and seems content to be put down after feeding, so all is well in my world atm :)

Thanks again :)

:headspin: Glad to hear you both are settling down into a routine :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"