Car insurance - who are you with?

teal

Reaction score
Hello :flower: just wondering what insurance companies you're with? My insurance is up for renewal next month and just looking around.

Are there any companies you've had any problems with? Car insurance always seems a bit scary to me :haha:

I'm with direct Line and I have to say I'm not particuslly happy with them. I was in an accident last October (2010) and they made the process so more stressful. I only renewed with them as it was still ongoing (took 10 months to sort out with my calling multiple times). I believe they made a stressful situation worse.

We're with Tesco. They offered the best price, and have been very good so far. I managed to damage the car on a pillar in a car park (mortifiying) and they made everything really straightforward. We ended up having a courtesy car over the entire Christmas/New Year period, but no extra charges or anything. Just paid our excess. It'll be interesting to see if they try to jack the premium up when the renewal comes up in the summer, but so far I'd still recommend them ;)

I think we are with Admiral at the moment. We change it most years as we only have 1 car but are trying to keep our no claims going for us both.

One thing i will say is that when you get the price i would always remove the legal cover - usually costs about £20 per year - if you do have a major accident the solicitors they give you on the legal cover are rubbish so its not worth paying the extra for it.

We're with tesco too for the second year running, so far so good :thumbup:

Ive been with the same company for past two years and can never remember the name of them lol i think its alan and alan but not 100% lol.

When you reneww it go on quidco and do a price comparison if you take out policy through them you will get cashback, i did mine end of last year and got £30 cashback

I have just switched to AA as surprisingly, they came up cheapest on Moneysupermarket. I was with Swiftcover last year, before that I was with Diamond for over 10 years, but then they cancelled my policy because of a mix up with my card details and when I tried to re-open it they wanted to treat me as a new customer and set up a whole new account which was going to be over £100 per year more! Their service was awful which I thought was a shame as I had been with them all that time with no problems.

Im with Churchill and have been for the past 2 years, mine is also up for renewal and they are the best quote on comparethemarket and gocompare

Ladybird.

I can never get cheap insurance on big branded companies i had go 3rd party to! ive got fab history annoys hell out of me.

We are with Tesco too, so far so good

We are with Aviva.. Both our cars are insured with them and with modifications declared, and they were the cheapest x

Yes Car Insurance....they were cheapest on Confused.com. I've never had an accident so I can't say whether they are good or not. They dont send you any paperwork, you log in & print it off (which I like because I'm always losing the certificate of motor insurance

(I refuse to use gocompare because of the annoying man)

I'm with co-op :) this is my second year with them & they were still the cheapest!
I did ring admiral to get a quote, 25 mins I was on the phone to them for them to tell me in the end they couldn't insure me because I didn't own the car (my OH car) and I needed business use but you need to own the car to get business use :growlmad: I told him that at the beginning bloody idiot!! X

Egg but I am sure Egg is now owned by Barclaycard. For two years my policy has stayed the same price. I am now 25 so should see a nice drop in my insurance if not this year I shall be leaving them. We will see in April as my policy is up in May!

i was with diamond for 3ish years and they were a rip off. can't believe i stayed with them for so long really.

i went with e-car and i've saved about £200 a year. :shock: it's disgusting really.

im with tescos have been for 4 years and i think there great and for me really cheap.

i was with john lewis & i had no problems with them but, seeing as though my car was a bag of crap, i had to cancel :( xx

I've just moved to Open & Direct, their quote was £130 less than the company I was with

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->