car seat safety - projectiles in the car

kmac625

Mom to baby Clara
Reaction score
Wow! So I had never heard of this before but a Mommy in one of my groups posted this article and I thought it was worth sharing with all of you. It seems extreme to get rid of everything in your car that could become a projectile in an accident, but I think I'm gonna go through ours and remove as much as I can.
https://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/12...m_source=facebook&utm_content=haskell_fanpage

Wow that is scarey. Thanks for posting.

My friend is a deadly projectile - she refuses to wear her seatbelt as it makes her feel claustraphobic, so I don't go anywhere with her in the car any longer. Considering she weighs a good 100kg+!

My dh is a drummer so our trunk is always full of music gear and the overflow ends out on the floor in the backseat. I'm gonna need to show him this article I think.

Just bumping this because I posted it last night when most of you UK ladies were fast asleep.

Im a clean freak so the only thing that can hit any of us is a tree airfreshner or 5...
Xx

Oh how horrible for that poor kid. It's so easy to leave things that you don't think about it.

My Dad is a huge fan of never leaving anything on the parcel shelf of the car as years ago (in the days before head rests) he breaked suddenly and had a box of hankies fly of the back shelf hit him on the head and then it bounced of his friends arm who was in the passenger seat. He had a headache for the rest of the day and his mate had a huge bruse. Not nice for either of them.

Great article thanks - has made me think what I can do

Funnitly enough I was in Halfords today and was asking about carseats and he said that a box of tissues on your parcel shelf will have the force of a brick in a 30mph crash :shock:

Funnitly enough I was in Halfords today and was asking about carseats and he said that a box of tissues on your parcel shelf will have the force of a brick in a 30mph crash :shock:

My friend drives me mad as she has her 5 month old in the front with her and OH sits behind LO with no seatbelt as it makes him feel ill.. So if a box of tissues is like a brick can you imagin what a human would be??

Xx

Do you remember that advert about seatbelts where the back passanger squashed and killed the front one.. Horrible :(

My SIL works in Halfords and told me all that stuff, it's so scary. I don't have anything loose in the car now.

I can't imagine not wearing a seatbelt. I automatically put it on as soon as I'm in a car, even if all I'm doing is backing it onto the street from the driveway.

I can't imagine not wearing a seatbelt. I automatically put it on as soon as I'm in a car, even if all I'm doing is backing it onto the street from the driveway.

I put mine on even if im just turning my car round in the driveway.. All there is to crash into is a plastic plant pot and a dead rose bush. Lol x

Wow, thanks for this. Its a good reminder for us all. We can all to easily 'it wont happen to us' about loads of things. Until one of those things happened to me, I didnt think things would happen to me. Now I dont leave anything to chance!!
...Enter paranoid mummy no 1!!!
xxx

Thanks for posting this, hadn't even thought of it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->