Car seat sleep dilema

danni1979

Reaction score
I have had real problems with saffi sleeping,she was 12 weeks old on xmas eve and since she was born she just doesnt sleep well( she has silent reflux btw)

Anyway we've done all we're supposed to do with her,tilted the end of her moses basket,but that just results in her waking up in a cramped position..

I am lucky if i get 2 or 3 hours solid sleep a night,that is until last night...

We went for a drive to try to get her to doze off,came back and she was still asleepmy OH (bless him) said he would stay up all night and feed her using my ebm so i could get some sleep,i am utterly knackered..

So we left her in her car seat,i woke up at 630 (WOW 6 n a half hours solid sleep) n my poor oh was still sitting up ready to feed her,lol,but she HADNT woke up!!

She then woke up about 7 for a feed,i put her back in the car seat,she then slept for a few more hours,she slept a total of 13 HOURS!!!!

So my dilema is do i let her sleep in her car seat at night or just keep plugging on wiht the moses basket,i'm not sure what to do as alot of people say its really bad for babies to sleep in their car seats??

xx xx

I don't think it's safe to leave them sleeping in their car seats. If I remember correctly there is a risk of suffocation because their heads can fall forward and they may not be able to move it

I've heard of people doing this with their baby bouncers, hope you get better sleep from now on hun xx

Hi. There is a carseat called the pro sleep which lays flat which is better for their spine because they are not hunched up for hours. This may be an idea for you if you find your lo sleeps better in the carseat x

I don't know if any other carrycots do it, but our old carrycot (Chicco Trio 4 Me Autofix), you could raise the base at the head. So the carrycot was still flat but LO was kinda raise up slightly. It was great for our daughter when she was a bit refluxy (thankfully it was never bad). It's one of the things I *really* miss about that carrycot, our Quinny Dreami doesn't do it :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->