Car Seat

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Lil_Baby_Boo, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Lil_Baby_Boo

Lil_Baby_Boo Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone can advise.....

The car seat we have for while baby is small is a rear facing seat and because of the air bags in my car his seat will have to go in the back. I'm a bit worried about when I'm going somewhere alone and he's in the back and I can't see him.....I know you can get these mirror things but TBH I'd rather he was reaching distance!

Is there anything else I could do?

xx

2. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

I dont think there is much you can really do.
    Is it possible to get the front airbag disabled? Ive heard of that being done in cars.

3. vicky

vicky Well-Known Member

u can get mirrors so u can see them

4. Tilly

Tilly Guest

The only thing id suggest is the mirrors, as or already said.. disabling the front air bags and doing it that way. I know what you mean, we have Bethanie in the back (rear facing) and I can't stand not being able to see her.

Sorry, nothing else to suggest.

5. KX

KX Well-Known Member

Is your car like mine-ours is a vectra and you cant turn off the front passenger airbags? its a nightmare.

All through this pregnancy I have had to sit in the back when Dale is driving :hissy:

Ive seen loads of people with their buba's in the back, I'd do it too hun xx

6. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

They say it's safest if the baby is in the back of the seat - a) more protection for Baby and also b) the baby distracts the driver too much being in the front.

Didn't stop me panicking every time I heard a cough and splutter but like yourself I have no option other than to put the baby in the back