Car sickness!

louandivy

Reaction score
Hellooo ladies, hope you're all well.

Because we don't have a car Ivy only ever really does car journeys when we come back home to stay with our parents. Up until now she has always been basically fine in the car but this week she has puked up every single time she has been in the car,bar twice. This is only for 15 minute journeys! She is really not a sicky baby so its very surprising, but each time it has got worse and worse. This morning it was literally two minutes into the car journey, and then she fell asleep. When OH picked her up and took her out of the car she then smiled and threw up all over his leg! She isn't ill or anything as she has literally been fine all day.
Does anyone else's LO suffer from carsickness? We are going to Vancouver in the Summer and will be in the car at least twice a day, I'm dreading it now as I'm going to have to be cleaning up sick constantly, and its proper sick as well :( Any tips?

Go see the doctor, im sure they can prescribe something for travel sickness in babies and small children who arent old enough to take over the counter stuff

Oh really? That is so helpful, thanks hun!

See docs.. There are prescription things for babies. Xx

Im not sure what its called but i've seen a few people mention it before, a travel sick baby on your holidays is the last thing you need!!

I know and I don't deal very well with sick! I didn't think babies get carsick so young but I used to get it really badly as a kid so it figures....does any one else actually have a baby who suffers from motion sickness or am I just the only unlucky one?!

Is she alright in a pram? I know its not the same, but its still motion...

She is fine in prams, on the train, buses (well she was last week - I hope she still is when I get back!)

Might just be one off's, its all a bit new...

I have car sickness, but its very on/off....Maybe he same for Ivy?!

Either way, baby sick stinks...Lucky Lou :lol:

I am hoping that it might just be because she isn't used to the car, but I am bloody DREADING the 10 hour plane flight in August!

Ooooh where you off too?

Sorry Lellow but that "does she get sick in the pram" comment made me laugh :rofl:

Its not motion sickness in the literal sense, otherwise people would get sick when they walked or ran

Vancouver! Most of my family live there...soooo excited but the excitement has been slightly tainted by the fear of constantly smelling like Ivy's sick!

Sorry Lellow but that "does she get sick in the pram" comment made me laugh :rofl:

Its not motion sickness in the literal sense, otherwise people would get sick when they walked or ran

could you imagine how awful that would be?!

eww, vom everywhere :sick:

i'd go into hiding, im not a sicky person either

:rofl:

WELL.....She might :haha:

Youve just shamed me now PP....:blush:

Vancouver! Most of my family live there...soooo excited but the excitement has been slightly tainted by the fear of constantly smelling like Ivy's sick!

Awww Vancouver...WOW! How long are you going for?

Hopefully she'll sleep thru most of the flight...fingers crossed!

Alice gets car sick, even on 20 minute journeys. It doesn't seem to bother her, but it means I have to sit in the back to mop up! As I get car sick too, it isn't ideal. Cold ginger tea seems to help her if I can get her to drink it. I also put lavender oil on a tissue and put it under her car seat strap. We try to have a window open rather than using air con. The fresh air seems to help me, so I guess it helps her too!

And as a back up, I put a muslin round her and over the back of the seat to make clearing up easier!

Hope it gets better for her soon. Enjoy your trip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->