Car sickness!

Awww poor Ivy :( I used to get real bad car sickness when I was young too, not sure if I had it as a baby though! x

Uum. I dont know what can be given to babies. I think Dramamine can be given to babies over two. Check out at the GP.

Does IVY like crackers or rice cakes? My pal gives them on car journeys to her LO for the same reason.

I know rear facing also makes car sickness worse but obviously this cant be helped in babies.

Apparently, distraction can help to so that they are not focusing their attention to any point in the car. A toy or singing, etc.

Sorry-not much advice of any help here!

Alice gets car sick, even on 20 minute journeys. It doesn't seem to bother her, but it means I have to sit in the back to mop up! As I get car sick too, it isn't ideal. Cold ginger tea seems to help her if I can get her to drink it. I also put lavender oil on a tissue and put it under her car seat strap. We try to have a window open rather than using air con. The fresh air seems to help me, so I guess it helps her too!

And as a back up, I put a muslin round her and over the back of the seat to make clearing up easier!

Hope it gets better for her soon. Enjoy your trip!

Is your LO okay on buses, trains and planes? I'm so worried this is the start of something and she is going to puke down my top next time she is in the Ergo when I'm on the bus!

Is your LO okay on buses, trains and planes? I'm so worried this is the start of something and she is going to puke down my top next time she is in the Ergo when I'm on the bus!

So far so good. The longest bus journey we've been on was about 20 mins, and she was fine. We've been on a train for about an hour's journey, and again, no problems. No planes as yet though! Funnily enough, I don't have problems with any of those forms of transport either, but coaches and cars do not agree with me at all.

So far so good. The longest bus journey we've been on was about 20 mins, and she was fine. We've been on a train for about an hour's journey, and again, no problems. No planes as yet though! Funnily enough, I don't have problems with any of those forms of transport either, but coaches and cars do not agree with me at all.

Yeah I'm the same. I really had hoped that Ivy wouldn't be plagued with my awful car sickness but unfortunately that is one trait she has definitely inherited from me! Our poor LOs....and poor us!

My lo now doesnt get travel sickness but my eldest did from a very young age, (and still gets it bad) somewhere around the six month mark. I agree with what another poster suggested about maybe leaving the window open, I get it bad too and I think this is what helps me the most. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->