Caravan holiday, what to take?

BabyBell23

TTC #1
Reaction score
Me and my OH have never been away together before. I saw a really cheap deal for four nights in a caravan, so we go later this month. I've only ever stayed in a caravan once when I was little so I have no idea what things we're meant to take.

Anyone more experienced with caravan holidays who can help? :)

It should say where you booked it what the caravan comes with, some come with bedding, plates, cutlery, pots and pan etc. but others come totally empty!! We just spent 4 days in a caravan in Wales, going for a week in the summer holiday as well :)

it should say on their website what they come with as pp said.

usually we just take clothes, towels etc, soap, washing up liquid & shampoo etc. we get tesco to deliver to us a few hours after check in.

everything else is provided.. plates, cutlery, pots & pans.

I went on a 4 day break in a caravan with OH and Ben in April, like you I saw a really cheap deal and just did it!!

We took as much stuff as we could with us. We went with Haven and they confirmed it'd have plates/cutlery/glasses/saucepans etc and we paid slightly more for one with bedding so check which caravan you have (as the most basic didnt have bedding) then we took loads of stuff to save money like toilet roll, soap, washing up liquid, squash, tea bags, sugar etc basically raided the kitchen so we didn't have t buy too much when there. We took towels too as was told there wouldn't be any there (there was!) but deffo take towels in case.

That's about all I can think of. Have a great time, I loved it and didnt want to come home!!

Like others have said, try and take as much as you can as they really hike the prices up in the shop on site. We just take the stuff that boomerslady has said :)

I went on a 4 day break in a caravan with OH and Ben in April, like you I saw a really cheap deal and just did it!!

We took as much stuff as we could with us. We went with Haven and they confirmed it'd have plates/cutlery/glasses/saucepans etc and we paid slightly more for one with bedding so check which caravan you have (as the most basic didnt have bedding) then we took loads of stuff to save money like toilet roll, soap, washing up liquid, squash, tea bags, sugar etc basically raided the kitchen so we didn't have t buy too much when there. We took towels too as was told there wouldn't be any there (there was!) but deffo take towels in case.

That's about all I can think of. Have a great time, I loved it and didnt want to come home!!

Thanks! Never thought of taking towels! :)

I checked with Haven and they said there would be bed lien with the beds made for us going and everything we'd need to cook in the kitchen. I think I'll take extra bedding anyway incase it gets cold or there isn't enough pillows.

I'm really looking forward to it! We've never been away before together, we've got a holiday to Florida booked but that isn't until next year. It'll be nice to get away for a bit :)

Are you driving- if so you can take a lot more.

Supplies:
Washing up liquid
Washing powder (theres always laundry facilities and if not there will always be something that needs washing and you may have to use the sink to do it!)
Toilet rolls
Kitchen rolls
Coffee and tea
Juice
Sugar/sweetners
Bedding- I hate sleeping in bedding that 100s of others have slept under. Duvets and pillows too for the same reason.
Towels
Tea towels
Soap, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner
Hairdryer (some provide but they are usually the rubbish under powered ones)
Toilet cleaner and bleach
Bin liners
Wash cloths
Spray bleach cleaner

I would also suggest stocking up on supplies like cereals, sauces- i.e. your cupboard staples as the on site shops are expensive and it's a pain going to the supermarket for big shops when your supposed to be on holiday! We went to Haven two years ago now and we took everything with us- only things we needed to buy was fruit, veg and fresh bread. We used UHT milk so didn't even need to buy that.

Have a lovely time :)

Thanks! I'm sure we will :)

Are you driving- if so you can take a lot more.

Supplies:
Washing up liquid
Washing powder (theres always laundry facilities and if not there will always be something that needs washing and you may have to use the sink to do it!)
Toilet rolls
Kitchen rolls
Coffee and tea
Juice
Sugar/sweetners
Bedding- I hate sleeping in bedding that 100s of others have slept under. Duvets and pillows too for the same reason.
Towels
Tea towels
Soap, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner
Hairdryer (some provide but they are usually the rubbish under powered ones)
Toilet cleaner and bleach
Bin liners
Wash cloths
Spray bleach cleaner

I would also suggest stocking up on supplies like cereals, sauces- i.e. your cupboard staples as the on site shops are expensive and it's a pain going to the supermarket for big shops when your supposed to be on holiday! We went to Haven two years ago now and we took everything with us- only things we needed to buy was fruit, veg and fresh bread. We used UHT milk so didn't even need to buy that.

Thanks! That helped a lot! I've never been before and I would hate to get there and forget something simple. And sauces!? Never even thought of that. I can't eat without ketchup so can't believe I forgot :haha:

We are driving and I know there's a 24 hour asda close by so that helps! I'm really looking forward to it :)

Have a fab time, used to go on caravan holidays wih my parents all the time. Can't wait until LO older to take him on his first caravan holiday :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->