CarlyJade & Panda looking for bump buddies due end of Oct!

Hi ladies. How are you all? Me? I'm in panic mode. My son has got chicken pox and my mum can't remember if I've had it before, so I don't know if I'm immune. I've had to have a blood test but GP told me results won't be ready for 10 days! Ridiculous! If I'm not immune, I'll have it by then! I'm so worried as I've read that at this stage if a pregnant woman gets chic pox, the baby can develop severe abnormalities. I just hope to god that I'm immune. I'm going to call the doc to or row and see if they have my blood results as I just don't believe it would take that long to et back. E lady who took my blood put urgent on my sheet and said it should be ready for Monday. I asked to doc to put urgent on it and he said it can't be done. *******! Anyway, pray for me ladies. Hope you're having a better time than I am :(

Morning chet! I did respond re the chicken pox saga in ur thread. Reading from the NHS site it basically said that although not ideal, the risk to unborn baby up to 28 weeks is low, so I'm sure u will be fine! There isn't many a person who hasn't had chicken pox I imagine so hopefully u'll already had the pleasure! Once the spots have come out the congatious-ness is pretty much over from what I remember. And once spots r scabbed it's all over! Im sure it's more contagious before spots even show, so if u haven't got a spot yet... Fingers crossed u'll miss it! :hugs:

I remember within the 1st week of Elliot being born, my best mate and her mum both come out with mumps the day after visiting him, and my godson came out with chicken pox and Elliot missed them both! He didn't have chicken pox til he was 3.. Last day of a holiday in Majorca. Didn't think I was going to get him on the plane! Lol.

Hope ur little one is better soon. Spoonful of piriton really helps with desire to scratch!

Well I've woke up with ear ache today... Hurtin all in my gum and down my throat too. Lush. :(

Thanks carlyjade. According to what I read the risky periods is like you said after 28 weeks, by also in the first trimester. It can cause severe abnormalities in the baby. :,( anyway, hopefully I'll find out today whether I'm immune or not. Sorry to hear about the ear ache. I think gums can hurt in pregnancy, so might be cos of that. I've had a dodgy tummy all night and keep running to the toilet, so think I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me.

Well make sure u let us know :hugs:
Hope ur belly is better too... Tho it would make a nice change for me from being constipated...

My ear ache has gone after sittin with a hot water bottle on my ear for most of yesterday... First day of summer n summer like weather n I was sat like that! Lol worked tho. :)

Well.. My OH tried to get intimate this morning and I started cryin half way thru?? What is that about??? Had good results tho! Got his bank card to go shoppin today, and the sheer panic in his face, on reflection, was an absolute picture!! Has to be said, I'm mental :/

Midwive cancelled on me this mornin. She was supposed to be comin for a home visit. I don't remember that from last time? Is it like a sneeky home check to see if you r a slumdog? Lol

Lol carlyjade, you crying while dtd, poor OT must have scared him. Great result tho with the bank card, must try that one. I have to admit, I cry over the most silly things at the mo. home visit, not heard that one before. Hope it goes well. Still haven't got my blood results back yet, so still in limbo. I have to admit, I feel so unwell in this pregnancy that I've convinced myself that something's wrong. I just don't thin that I will have a good end to this pregnancy. Keep thinking that I'll go for my scan and they'll tell me there's no heartbeat or something. I know I'm torturing myself with these thoughts but I can't help it. :(

Haha I know, bless him. I think I'm just so fed up of feelin tired n ill and ugly and fat... My skin is horrendous on my back and chest and it's really draggin me down as its dictatin what I can wear! Picked up a couple of tops today that I can grow with, and a maxi skirt that will carry me thru summer. Only £12 in primark. Might get a couple more as I think they r gonna be comfy....

Aw no they haven't got back to u??? How annoying... Hope u get them tomorrow! :hugs:

Glad im not the only crier... Easier said than done not to worry Chet but I'm sure nothing like that will happen! Remember, last time u were pregnant u had only one older child to take care of, now u hve 2 little twins to add to that! U r bound to feel a bit rougher than before. N they say the worse u feel, the healthier the pregnancy so im sure everything is fine!! I do know how u feel tho... I'm convinced I have nothing but a food baby in there.... Can't dwell on it tho or we will drive ourselves nuts! Just have to stay positive... If there wa something wrong we'd have to trust out body's would show us :hugs:

Finally got my scan date but it's not till the 20th of April when I'll be 13 weeks. I can't wait that long so I've booked a private one for Thursday night, fingers crossed everything is ok.

Aww u r lucky. Mine hasnt come they yet. :( wish it would hurry up!!
Good luck :)

Scottish, I don't blame you. That's a long time to wait. I hope your scan goes great!

I might do that. Feelin awfully impatient!! Apparently they r a bit behind due to a high amount of pregnancies at the moment... Which sounds like a shit excuse. 10 weeks tomoro. Been keeping this a secret for 6 wks and I cants no more!!! :'( I've got cabin fever from within myself!! Lol

Just had a look at private scans... £140 for a private NT scan. That's the same as a 4D one!! Didn't expect that. Guess I'm waiting... Ive got a house to buy and a holiday to go on. Tom isn't gonna fund that scan I know!!

Do the appointments just come through the post from the hospital? My partner is nattering about when ours will be but the midwife told me that seeing as we opted for the downs syndrome scan the dating scan would be pushed back to at least 13 weeks. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow, any idea how long the appointments take to come through? I saw the midwife last Friday.

Carly - I'm not allowed a private scan either. I see his point, we get it for free if we wait a few weeks but it's hard when time is dragging.

The dating and NT scan is all done at the same time in my hospital @ supposedly 12 wks but it depends on how busy they are.... Date should come thru the post soon tho! I'm waitin on the mother in law to tell me mine today. She works in the hosp so I've sent her to find out when it is! It's so hard coz now it feels so near but yea the end of 'limbo' isn't quite in sight...

Happy prune day to me :) yay!

I have another ultrasound scheduled for Monday, the last one showed two subchorionic hemorrhages that my doc wants to keep an eye on. He said baby looks good, but we need to make sure the hemorrhages are shrinking. I pray they are!

We sure r MM!! :happydance:

Well, MIL found out my scan date... Next Wednesday!!! I'll only be 10+6? Still, can't say I'm disappointed to finally be havin it! Tho can't understand y I haven't had a letter yet??

The 4th of April is also my beloved nana's bday. She passed away a few yrs back. Elliot was the only great grandchild she met... She's had 3 since then! I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a tear... I'm goin to leave a copy of the pic at her plot becoz we will be visiting the crem that day, obviously. Feels like she's going thru it with me... Which is ironic becoz when I got pregnant with Elliot, she was the only one who defended me... Aww... Miss u nannie.

Had my scan last night and everything was fine thankfully. She changed my EDD by one day and we got lots of pictures. Seems more real now :)

Aww what a lovely looking bean!!! Brilliant picture! Ooh I can't wait now! Eeek!

Congrats scot!

Hullo :) how are you all doing? Ok, so the good news is I'm immune to chic pox :happydance:. I cannot ell you how relieved I am. In the end I went to hosp as I was feeling so unwell, and the doctor found out the results for me. My BPwas sky high though so she's asked the community midwife to regularly check it for me. Explains why I was having the severe headaches and dizziness. Scotchic, lovely scan, glad all was well. I have 13 more days to wait for mine! The wait is killing me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->