Carpal tunnel??

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
I have been thinking my carpal tunnel is coming back. My hands (mostly right) has been going numb and tingly when doing things. I had it with dd but not until 30ish weeks. Anyone know if it starts earlier in subsequent pregnancies ? It's quite annoying!!!!
I have an ob appointment today so I'll definitely ask, just curious if anyone else struggles. It got really bad last pregnancy I was in braces. So if it's already starting I'm going to be crippled much earlier :sad2:

Mine developed in the last weeks of last pregnancy and it never went but iver been told by my doctor no point in doing anything until im done having kids as it can apparently come back each time or in my case get worse :( I hope it doesnt last long for you!

I never had it during pregnancy but I had quite badly for about 6m after my son was born. I didn't even know it could be caused by pregnancy! Do you know exactly what it is about pregnancy that brings it on? X

Not carpal tunnel but get brachial tunnel syndrome which is the same thing just opposite fingers. Only when I am positioning my shoulder wrong does it start to tingle and I get really bad shoulder pain there (as that is where it is)

I think I was told the fluid retention causes it? Not 100% on that!
I'm at the dr now so I'll ask!!

Well yes fluid retention in the carpal tunnel causes swelling in there and therefore pain and compression of the nerves in there. Brachial tunnel is the same thing, just in the upper arm/shoulder near the brachial plexus.

So she said things in the first pregnancy tend to come on earlier / worse in the second. She said drinking more water may help if I'm not drinking enough because then I may be holding on to water. Also I have to start wearing my support braces again :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->