Carrier #4 Recommendation - LOL

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Can you believe I am on the lookout for another carrier?? :dohh:

I have a pouch carrier that I got as a gift - LO liked it when he was small, but we only used it until maybe 4 weeks. I use mainly my meitai babyhawk now, but I am finding that LO really being able to face out. SO I am carrying him around facing out LOLOL! (Its a good arm workout though)

I also want something that faces out for hiking in the summer - so does anyone have any suggestions?? I need something that is easily taken on and off, and is very comfy for hiking and long walks. I do have a moby as well, but I would get hot with all the fabric and it takes me a while to take it on/off.

Thanks Girls! :flower:

Dang!
No recommendations for a carrier that is good for long walks/hiking???
I am thinking either a baby bjorn or an ergo, but they are pricey! I also don't think the ergo allows LO to face forward?

xx

I don't have any recommendations for outward facing carriers (sorry) but I think I've read somewhere that you can't use a lot of carriers like that because it's bad for LO's hip development or something like that, so I wouldn't be tempted to try it myself as I like mei tais too much! Have you thought about carrying him on your back? Some carriers are ok to start that at 4 months (like Connectas)... I just bought one to try and LO loves being on my back - they don't get quite the same view as facing forward on your front but it's a better view than being on your front facing in. It's only a couple of weeks till your LO is old enough for that; maybe worth waiting?

I wanted something for Aisling to be forward facing too and someone suggested a back carry with the mei tai, I just haven't been brave enough to try it yet! :lol:

I wanted something for Aisling to be forward facing too and someone suggested a back carry with the mei tai, I just haven't been brave enough to try it yet! :lol:

I haven't tried it with the babyhawk cos I'm a bit scared I'll drop Leyla. I've done it with the connecta though cos it's much easier with buckles, only when OH is around so far though!

I carry Dewi forward facing in my Close carrier but only for short periods as he is still a youngin (but has great head control) but the pressure on his nappy is different to when he's facing me and it makes them leak!!!

I carry Dewi forward facing in my Close carrier but only for short periods as he is still a youngin (but has great head control) but the pressure on his nappy is different to when he's facing me and it makes them leak!!!

HaHa! That is funny about the leaking! I love your new super cute avatar - I had to check twice as I was so used to your old pic!!!

Thanks Lu and Rachel - I haven't tried my babyhawk on the back yet. I want LO to have really good head control and be a bit bigger yet - I am thinking 4 months would be a good time! I just don't know if I will have the guts to try it without OH to help!

xx

yeah its no fun having to wash the carrier coz its covered in wee!

It leaks because he isnt in a sitting position like he is when he faces in he's more upright - which he loves the nosey parker - but isnt so good for pressure on the nappy, it makes the legs gape....or so I have gathered after 2 leaks!

yeah its no fun having to wash the carrier coz its covered in wee!

It leaks because he isnt in a sitting position like he is when he faces in he's more upright - which he loves the nosey parker - but isnt so good for pressure on the nappy, it makes the legs gape....or so I have gathered after 2 leaks!

My LO can only wear wraps that have a gusset in them or the legs always leak! Which means he can't wear some of the crazy cute ones - sniff - but it's worth it not having to change his clothes. Pulling a shirt over his arms/head makes him scream the house down.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->