Carrycot as main sleeping area? UK

BecksBabyB

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone else planning on using the carrycot which came with your travel system as babies main sleeping area? Rather than sing a Moses basket.

Is there any problem with doing this? As I live in a flat, I won't be using my carrycot as a pram as it'll be too hard to get it to and from the car so I thought I would use it as a basket for baby to sleep in during the night.

What are your thoughts?

Bx

Just double check that it is suitable for overnight sleeping with the manufacture, and if it is I don't see a problem :thumbup:

You need to check with the manufacturer as most of them are not designed to be used all the time, I think it's to do with the mattress part. It will say in your instructions :)

With my DD, I used mine as a place for her to nap in the day but she slept in a crib at night. x

It's not just the mattress, it's ventilation. However having said that most hard carrycots are fine for overnight sleeping very few these days say in the instructions that they aren't. The mattress in them is usually the same type as a moses' basket one but you can buy a softer/better quality mattress if that bothers you. With my youngest we did use the carrycot solely for sleeping at home. I still have it but found an organic wicker moses' basket in a charity shop including brand new never used mattress for only £5 so at first we will be using that as its more cosy and more portable xx

We'll be doing this for daytime sleeps at home (at night we're having a crib). We're getting a new mattress which is breathable and as far as I'm concerned it's then no different to a moses basket (only more solid!).

I'll be using the carrycot downstairs for naps in the daytime, and the Moses basket upstairs for night time x

We will be using the carrycot for day time sleeping and when we go away in September, but we bought the overnight sleeping mattress for ours as the one that comes with it specifies only suitable for shorter periods at a time.xxx

You just need to check that the carry cot is suitable for overnight sleeping (it should say in the manual, its mainly whether it has vented sides). My current one isn't but my old carry cot was and we did leave DS to sleep in it a couple of times when he'd fallen asleep in the pushchair.And make sure the mattress is suitable just as you would with a Moses basket :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->