Carseat?

Waiting2Grow

Reaction score
Which carseat does everyone recommend? Ive been looking at Graco Snugride 35 in the Logan style? Im starting my registry and was looking for tips. We dont have a BAbiesRUs around here so i cant go to the store and look at them all.. Thanks!

I go to mothercare, try them all in the car etc and see which is best, then go home and order it off kiddicare.
X

I dont have anywhere to go to try them all out in the car unless i want to go on a pretty long car ride to get there.

sunshine radiant or the britax. Both are great!

We have the Britax First Class Plus. It lasts from birth to around 4 years. No problems with it yet :thumbup:

I'm not sure how they work in US, but I'd try whatever car seat you are getting as not all car seats will fit in all cars so it'll be best to try, if possible, before buying as some places are very fussy with returning car seats.
IS there a list of car seats on the car manufacturers website as to which car seats fit at all?
If you're planning on being able to move baby easily out of car onto buggy then an infant carrier is great, but there are car seats that are suitable from birth to about 4-6 years old which are similar price but last longer, so might be better value, but then these can't be moved out of the car onto pushchair at all so you'll have to keep waking baby to take in and out of carseat

We bought the Britax first class plus thinking we didn't want to carry LO around in a carseat - WRONG! It is a great carseat now he is 6 months old but it didn't fit him very well when he was newborn and we ended up buying a Phil & teds infant seat brand new off ebay for £25. I do kinda wish I had bought a travel system to put the carset on though as Stewart became a big heavy boy FAST and it killed my back carrying him around.
Oh also,the infant seat fits using a seatbelt rather than isofix and it only took seconds to get him in and out so definitely not worth the extra £100 for isofix IMO.

HTH :flower:

ISOFIX is safer as it means the carseat is fixed directly to the frame of the car rather than just a seatbelt which, however well you fit it, in an accident will allow the car seat to move around more than if fixed directly to the frame.

I know not everybody can fit ISOFIX, but if it is at all possible, if it is available in the car it is the better option to use as it also means there is no mistake with threading incorrectly or not tightening properly as it is either clipped or not clipped with no 'grey' area like seat belt fitting.

Also, if you intend to use the seat in another car a fair amount. e.g. grandparents car etc, also its a good idea to make sure it does in fact fit in their car too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->