Casey Anthony

You're being kinda pushy Jem_x3 perhaps that's what brought on the smuggness. lol

Are you a lawyer? If not you are really knowledgeable about the law and that's a good thing. I agree this is not a board war. It's really about a child who who was victimized and a woman who got off---unfairly.

What really terrifies me is that some nuttcase will probably get involved with her...and she'll probably have more kids.

:rofl: Probably. Also, no I'm not a lawyer, I just have a huge brain :smug: :rofl:

No doubt she will go on and meet someone and perhaps have more kids one day, the thought of what she may do to them gives me the chills so I'd rather think she's learned her lesson, is sorry and would love her children and care for them the way they deserve. She will never live a normal life though and no doubt she'll be treated the same way as someone such as OJ. He may have money but noone normal wants to be his friend, he got asked to leave restaurants and things like that because people didn't want to be around him. She will be shunned socially which will be a pretty big knock to her considering her social life is most likely the most important thing to her :thumbup:

I saw an article in the UK Daily that had letters from while she was in jail saying that she wanted to have more children and possible even adopt. I about fell out of my chair.

:haha: I thought that too, the sad thing is she can go out and do just that :(

I saw an article in the UK Daily that had letters from while she was in jail saying that she wanted to have more children and possible even adopt. I about fell out of my chair.

Yep the the charges she was convicted of will not stop her from being able to adopt. :dohh: Being someone that is not physically able to have a child other than adoption the thought of this makes me sick.

Yep the the charges she was convicted of will not stop her from being able to adopt. :dohh: Being someone that is not physically able to have a child other than adoption the thought of this makes me sick.

:hugs: :hugs:

I doubt she'd even dare try to be honest with you. Don't you need character references? And because she's been in jail and had charges against her (lying to law enforcement, stealing etc.) doesn't that have some standing? I apologise if I'm wrong I'm not savvy on how adoption works.

I was told its only certain misdemeanors (sp?) that can hold u back and those have to do with children and even certain felonies at least that is how it is in the US. We did have to have reference so you are right I can not imagining anyone standing up for her character other than mayb her defense team.

This will go one of two ways, naturally. She will follow Homolka (who did serve time) or she will follow Simpson. I can only hope she stays out of the spotlight, whichever path she follows.

I'm not going to argue with someone who feels the need to be smug about what they say :rofl: It's not a debate, or an argument. It's just a discussion. Moving on anyway....

That's pretty passive aggressive, honestly. I don't think I was smug in my responses; I'm providing my opinion of things based upon your statements and I'm using facts from the case to support my opinion. Isn't that what people do when they engage in friendly debate/discussion? Perhaps I have it all wrong! :)

I was told its only certain misdemeanors (sp?) that can hold u back and those have to do with children and even certain felonies at least that is how it is in the US. We did have to have reference so you are right I can not imagining anyone standing up for her character other than mayb her defense team.

Yeah I can't see that happening :thumbup: She doesn't deserve to have another child and there are plenty of other people in the world that deserve it way more :hugs:

This will go one of two ways, naturally. She will follow Homolka (who did serve time) or she will follow Simpson. I can only hope she stays out of the spotlight, whichever path she follows.

I'm not going to argue with someone who feels the need to be smug about what they say :rofl: It's not a debate, or an argument. It's just a discussion. Moving on anyway....

That's pretty passive aggressive, honestly. I don't think I was smug in my responses; I'm providing my opinion of things based upon your statements and I'm using facts from the case to support my opinion. Isn't that what people do when they engage in friendly debate/discussion? Perhaps I have it all wrong! :)

Also, I apologise, I was joking. Hence the laughing smiley. I can be quite smug when I want to be :smug: :haha:

It is not currently law, no. Not calling 911 when your child is kidnapped, missing, drowned, etc. is not a felony at this time. From what I understand, several states are looking into it, there is a FB page of people pushing for it, though, I don't think it would become a federal law. Either way, I think it's wise and I think that would feel like Caylee did get some justice if this law passes in several states. (That's my personal opinion!) Here is an online petition with over 300,000 signatures. I think it's amazing the oft-considered apathetic Americans are actually standing up for something they believe in. :thumbup:

Now, these are just quick searches I've done, but it is true that several senators are looking into this from several states.

Oklahoma
Florida
Maryland

It's not rude - I've been spouting off in this thread a ton. ;) Yes, I said I believe jurors should be professionals as they are in other countries. It is pretty clear the jurors in this case didn't understand the law. And, honestly, God save us all if it were our child murdered by someone else and that murderer went free because of peoples' misunderstanding of legal concepts.

Thank you for answering my questions :flower: I dont live in America, so dont have a clue how it works and probably wouldnt here either.

If is not a felony at this time, then surely they couldnt say she was guilty of neglect, because at this time it doesnt fall under that?

So what, its not illegal not to report your child missing?

So if they go missing and are never found, and you know why they are missing (because you killed them) thats that? :s

Am i totally on the wrong track here?

...If is not a felony at this time, then surely they couldnt say she was guilty of neglect, because at this time it doesnt fall under that?

If it becomes law in the state you* live in, it will be grounds for a felony charge. Meaning, if this were law a few years ago, the minute Cindy called 911 to say Caylee was missing, Casey would have been arrested for a felony for failure to report a missing child.

Just because it isn't a felony now doesn't mean it is not neglect. I won't spew the same stuff I said earlier :)blush:), but yes, legally she could be charged with neglect even though it is not a felony at this time.

*I know you don't live in the U.S.; I'm using "you" generally.

ETA: I just wanted to add Kentucky to the list of states. For those of you interested, the petition is here. :) There are now over 400,000 signatures; there were over 300,000 earlier when I posted.

Thank you for helping me to understand. I think that it is more difficult for me to understand because in England/UK I dont think that would fall under neglect.

She would however (maybe) prosecuted for perverting the course of justice for lying to the police and covering up things.

Just heard Mason's had a complaint filed against him with the Florida bar for flipping the bird outside the courthouse. Serves him right stupid old man :haha:

Oh and am really glad that the public feeling is so huge, and that this may bring in Caylee's law, because whilst she never got justice, this law would mean she didnt die totally in vain

Just heard Mason's had a complaint filed against him with the Florida bar for flipping the bird outside the courthouse. Serves him right stupid old man :haha:

Hahaha, it isnt right that a professional behaved like that in such a public way

Thank you for helping me to understand. I think that it is more difficult for me to understand because in England/UK I dont think that would fall under neglect.

She would however (maybe) prosecuted for perverting the course of justice for lying to the police and covering up things.

Here is the thing - it isn't just that she didn't call 911 when her child was missing. The problem was, she claimed a Hispanic babysitter kidnapped the child. Her defense theory (in court) was that the child drowned, but there was no evidence of that.

The evidence presented was this -- the child's skull was found with duct tape over its mouth and nose and an expert found that the duct tape was placed prior to decomposition. There were also traces of chloroform found in the trunk of the car, which was where the body was left to decompose prior to being left in the woods. The scenario presented by the State is that the child was drugged with chloroform and "suffocated" with duct tape and then tossed in the woods. There are many more details I'm leaving out, but that is the bulk of it.

Also, I apologise, I was joking. Hence the laughing smiley. I can be quite smug when I want to be :smug: :haha:

I was not trying to call you out or make you feel like I think I'm superior. I don't at all. I love hearing other viewpoints, especially when they differ from mine because I love to learn. I just feel like another poster -- not everyone is trained in the law and this case, to me, illustrates the problem with juries not understanding the law. :)

Yay!

Oh and am really glad that the public feeling is so huge, and that this may bring in Caylee's law, because whilst she never got justice, this law would mean she didnt die totally in vain

Kind of like the Amber Alert. Praying for Caylee's law; parents need to be held accountable for their child's safety. Part of me wonders if someone will pop off Casey when she walks out of prison next week. That girl better be wearing full body armor. :gun:

i'm SO angry about this case that i haven't watched the news since i saw the verdict. and they're releasing her on the 17th of this month?! WTF?!?!?! GRRRRRRRRR!!

Sure, she is going to be financially accountable for part of the money spent on looking for her daughter and the laywers etc, but it's amazing that she's going to be given protection when she is released because it is high profile. Just more money she's using up.

I am glad it is over though. The whole thing was getting gross and out of control. It was on every station, the entertainment networks, the news, and even the late night comedy shows. The sheriff put it best when he said that the best revenge would be to totally ignore her entirely from here on out. Do not give her an ounce of attention good or bad.

Theres some interesting stuff on you tube about the case like how the name that she used for nanny is also the actual location that caylee body was found ,
If ypu type in ...Casey Anthony use Zenaida as a grave marker? into you tube it should bring it up. hopefully she wont get protected when she is out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->