CBFM Buddy

I agree with creative. Go by your first + opk. Timing sounds perfect!!

Doc was going to trigger, but he said by the size of my eggies, it is likely that I would be ovulating on my own, so the trigger is not necessary BUT I am supposed to bring it today just in case. I think I am ovulating today or tomorrow AM, so dont think he will use it.

How is everyone? How is the 2ww?!

3 that were a good size....but one was taking the lead so that one I assume will be released! Why do you think I got a NON smiling face today but a smiley face yesterday? You are good with this stuff! Let me know doc daisy!

I am no Doctor Daisy :blush: but some only get 1 +opk and then negative after that. A short burst of the LH hormone and some get longer, I think it can vary from cycle to cycle too. I wouldn't worry about it really.

Hey girls I was just thinking...when we do get prego...yes it will happen to us all!!!!! Would you want to start a Bump Buddies thread together. I would much rather do that than have a private pregnancy journal. Just wondered what you guys thought. Would love to be with you guys through the whole thing. :D

Agree with Jchic - I think some surges can just be shorter than others. I wouldn't worry about it. So is the goal then with this doc and this IUI just to release the one, dominant egg? I know my doc wants me releasing 2 eggs ideally, which is why we are doing clomid and the trigger. Just curious.

Love the idea of a bump buddy thread! Yeah! Great idea. I PRAY that we all get our bumps soon.

Thanks Creative :) xxoo DOC CREATIVE in the HOUSE!!!

Daisy - Hmmm, it depends really. Femara works differently than Clomid in the way that Clomid produces more follicles and Femara works to produce larger follicles, not more.
Doc doesnt mind doing the trigger, but the thing is, when I went for my CD10 u/s he could see that I was going to O soon, so he said that when I get there Monday, be ready to do the IUI and that IF I wasnt close to O, he would trigger me, then either do the IUI same day or have me come back on Tuesday to do it depending on how close I was. He says the trigger induces O, but if I am soclose to O or am in the process of ovulating on my own when I get there, that the trigger will do absolutely nothing. IF I wasnt ovulating or close to ovulation, then he would trigger me. If you are triggered, the response time totally depends on your body. For example, if you ovulate every month, then when you are triggered, it could speed up O within less than 24 hours. IF you do not ovulate on your own, or your follies are smaller, then you ovulate closer to the 24-36 hour mark with the trigger. IUI's are so hard to time because everyones body is different so his reasoning is "If he has to use the trigger he will, but if he doesnt have to, then why inject the hormones unnecessarily".
Clomid will make you produce more eggs, so the trigger can be used to induce O and you could quite possibly release more than 1 egg, which means more than one chance so thats great :) WOOP!

Love the idea of a bump buddy thread! Yeah! Great idea. I PRAY that we all get our bumps soon.

Oh we are getting our BFP this month! You, me, jchic and the rest of us who are left in here....this is THE month. Time for us to go hang in 1st tri with the rest of our cbfm buddies!! :happydance:

Yeah, Creative, yeah! Yeah yeah! Agree!

Wow, thanks for the lesson Jchic - you are teaching Doctor Daisy something new! :haha:

I wasn't sure what the difference was between Femera and Clomid, so that's interesting. It's also interesting about the rationale for using the trigger (or not), and interesting about the different ovulation times after the trigger based on if you ovulate on your own or not and follie size. Wow - this is loads of new info for me to digest! I love it!

Yes, hoping for two good eggs for my IUI, but not 3 or 4 - no twins!! Yikes! Hoping we time my IUI well - its a little scary to rely so much on this one shot deal. I guess it's better to err on the side of doing it too early than too late.

Agreed! Its weird timing it, because sometimes your body just does what it wants to! but just bd on either side to ensure you covered your bases. I am sure it will be timed perfectly!

I know Creative, us three are like the last girls picked for dodge ball in gym class, HAHAHAHA. We will get there!

Me too! Not an athlete!

Jchic, unfortunately, the RN advised us not to BD for at least 2 days before the IUI... So we can't really cover our bases before. :shrug: I feel like the nurse gives generic information to everyone though, and I'd like to know from my doc. I will have to ask when I see him for a scan.

Please can I join you in your bump buddy group at the end of this month :winkwink:

My journal is boring! I need more pregnant buddies **sad face**

Mrs. B...your already there....just waiting for us!! Of course you will be in our group! :hugs: We are the ones who are sad....with empty uteruses! Boo!!! :( :haha:

Creative! :haha: Our, sad, empty, lonely uteruses. They are weeping! That's what all that CM is!

Our doc told us to BD on Friday and Saturday. Then NO Sunday and Monday is the IUI. So we bd's VERYYYYYY early on Sunday AM (like 4am) so we didnt miss the day, LOL.

I dont really think it matters to be honest. I think 24 hours is way sufficient. All the sperm are gonna be washed and up there anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->