CBFM Buddy

I had grad school class till 10 pm, and then came home to candles, chocolate, a really nice card, and a massage. It was perfect and definitely cheered me up after a ROUGH day yesterday. Called and made my HSG appointment for next week, and the scheduler was just really really nice. But now I'm worried that the timing is going to be off because AF hasn't started yet (darn B6 and its lengthening effects). Took another test this AM and it was negative - at this point its less distracting/upsetting for me to have negative tests than to spend my day playing "what if".

Hope everyone else had good valentines days too! CBFM question - do you need to turn the monitor on every day after the last peak or just reset it on CD1?

I had grad school class till 10 pm, and then came home to candles, chocolate, a really nice card, and a massage. It was perfect and definitely cheered me up after a ROUGH day yesterday. Called and made my HSG appointment for next week, and the scheduler was just really really nice. But now I'm worried that the timing is going to be off because AF hasn't started yet (darn B6 and its lengthening effects). Took another test this AM and it was negative - at this point its less distracting/upsetting for me to have negative tests than to spend my day playing "what if".

Hope everyone else had good valentines days too! CBFM question - do you need to turn the monitor on every day after the last peak or just reset it on CD1?

that sounds like a GREAT Valentines day and well deserved honey!!!!

Dont worry about the timing. When did you schedule it? What CD will you be on for it?
Also, the CBFM - I dont turn it on once I get back to lows until CD1

Hi all!

Smythdm, agree with Jchic - just turn it back on on CD 1.

My day yesterday was OK. Went out for thai food with hubs, and then to applegate farm for ice cream (Jchic, you know what I'm talking about!). I also made this huge photo collage with wedding pics and captions/card. DH loved it. He got me a Vera Bradley tote and matching umbrella - cute. Hoping I can use it as a diaper bag someday soon.

Had a kind of hellish day dealing with insurance issues. DH lost his job in June, but his former employer paid for COBRA for 6 months. The subsidy runs out at the end of the month. We can pay for COBRA ourselves if we want, but it's very expensive (1800 a month for the family). The infertility benefits on that plan are OK - but there is a lifetime maximum of 10K (includes IUI and IVF), and there is 10% coinsurance that we are responsible for. DH can enroll in his new employers plan, a HMO, but there are no infertility benefits (small company), so that's not really an option. We can enroll in the benefits offered by my job (MUCH less expensive than COBRA, about 3K and change for the year). The benefits are OK for infertility - a 10K max, which includes IUI, IVF and all the drugs. No coinsurance. Which means that there is zero out of pocket until you reach the 10k max. What I'm worried about with this plan is that we will reach the 10K max faster, because drugs are included in the benefit, and the drugs, especially IVF drugs are so expensive. I found out that a cycle of IVF costs about 10K, and the drugs are another 3-6 K. Of course I am hoping that I get knocked up soon, with only IUI, and this is a non-issue, but if we do need to go the IVF route, I am so worried that we will have exhausted our 10K lifetime max on IUIs etc., and there won't be much left over to cover the IVF. We don't have a lot of extra cash at the moment, as DH started a new job, and will probably be getting paid less over the next couple years until he can build the business up. Also - we don't have a ton of time. Insurance only covers you up to a maximum age of 44 (men) in New York (where we are insured), and DH is 42... So it's not something we could put off for a year or two while we wait for our finances to improve. Ugh.

Hi everyone!
I finally got the high I've been waiting for! :)
Let's hope it becomes a PEAK soon!

Question: So, if you have longer cycles, is it true I'm less likely to get pregnant? I read somewhere that the lining is old even if the egg isn't so the egg will have trouble burrowing in. I kinda feel a little freaked out about that. Today is CD21 so my ovulation could happen as late as CD23! :wacko:

It sounds like you all had wonderful V-Days! Being South African, we don't really celebrate it. We just ...:sex:
Which was wonderful as my husband is a pretty talented guy :drool:

Maybe the :spermy: will stick around and become the best gift in the world!

Love,
Hopeful

:( I am sorry Daisy. I responded in your journal with this. I hope it all works out. IUI will work, so you wont need to worry about IVF.
I was in the same boat as you as far as insurance goes. We were under DH's and his insurance also was an HMO. By the GRACE of GOD my company switched to a plan that covers infertility at 100% so we switched over. I know with HMO's there is a way to call and sometimes extend max benefits by a few months to go into the next calendar year. Can you call them and find out?

Thanks Jchic. Both plans (dh's COBRA and the plan through my job) are PPOs. The HMO is dh's plan through his new job, and there are no infertility benefits at all. Both PPOs have a 10 k lifetime max, so it doesn't matter about this year, next year etc, since the benefit doesn't renew each year. Cobra would cost us a lot more upfront, out of pocket, but the 10K might go farther since the drugs are billed separately. It's a conundrum.

Hopeful, I hope you get your peak soon, and glad you had fun with dh last night! I don't know anything at all about how "old lining" or late ovulation might affect implantation. A good question for the doc!

Hello Ladies,
I am new to the site but very excited to interact with everyone and find people to share the journey with. I have been ttc #2 sense my daughter was born (she turns 4 in April). I am on my first cycle using the CBFM and on CD7. CD6 I tested and got a high fertility day but was still dealing with af so could not dtd. Tested again this morning and got high fertility so hopefully we cad dtd tonight. Has anyone else gotten high fertility on first days testing?

Hi Nat! Welcome to our thread :)
Is this your first cycle using the CBFM? If it is, its usually the month the monitor gets to know you persay. So the reading could be right or just ultra sensitive since its the first cycle and it doesnt know what your real highs or peaks are. But when in doubt, BD! So def BD tonight! Are your cycles regular?

Hi jchic,
Thanks for the reply! Yes this is my first cycle using the CBFM so that makes perfect sense (it's just getting to know me). I love the motto..."when in doubt, BD". Will definitely be doing that tonight. I have discovered just how tricky BD can be thoughsense my fiance works late nights as a chef...He usually has to come in and wake me up lol so romantic right? Are you using the CBFM? If so what cycle are you on?

Hi jchic,
Thanks for the reply! Yes this is my first cycle using the CBFM so that makes perfect sense (it's just getting to know me). I love the motto..."when in doubt, BD". Will definitely be doing that tonight. I have discovered just how tricky BD can be thoughsense my fiance works late nights as a chef...He usually has to come in and wake me up lol so romantic right? Are you using the CBFM? If so what cycle are you on?

Hi There!

Nice! I am sure he is a superstar in the kitchen which must have its perks, right?:pizza:

I am currently in cycle 7 and I used the CBFM for 4 cycles. I decided to give the cbfm a break this cycle. It really is great though! Are you temping as well? How long have you been ttc now for #2?

Hi Nat - welcome - I would BD every other day while you are getting highs, then when you get peaks, go for it - every day for 3 days. GL!

Jchic - love the emoticon!

Question - also thinking of giving the monitor a rest while I am doing clomid, as I think clomid can mess up the readings anyway... thoughts?? If I pick it back up a cycle or two later, will the monitor be confused?

Daisy I think its a good idea, my monitor didnt pick up anything with the Clomid but then it didn't without it either, so thats just me lol! I guestimated for myself lol x

Daisy - I agree with Mrs B. If you want to give the monitor alittle break, I dont think it will matter too much. I got highs and peaks with Femara the same way as without. It may be something less to worry about which could always be good. Less to worry about = less stress!

I was wondering the same thing as I am not using it this cycle...hmm. I would give it a break and just use the OPKs. Not sure I will go back to the monitor...opks work fine and are MUCH less expensive!!

Welcome to our little abode NatalyiasMom :hi:

Hi There!

Nice! I am sure he is a superstar in the kitchen which must have its perks, right?:pizza:

I am currently in cycle 7 and I used the CBFM for 4 cycles. I decided to give the cbfm a break this cycle. It really is great though! Are you temping as well? How long have you been ttc now for #2?
Hello Again!
I definitely get spoiled with lots of yummy food...could come in handy if I ever get a BFP.

I have always struggled with tempting. I have a glass basal thermometer and it is extremely hard to read. I have basically been trying sense my daughter was born in 2008, although the last year we kind of put it on the back burner because we just got so dissappointed each month we got a BFN. We feel the CBFM will allow us to better indentify bd days and are excited to start trying again!!

Do you use any medications like clomid or metformin? I have not recently but I contemplate it a lot. I think it might be a smart idea to just first use the CBFM for a couple cycles and see where it gets me...btw your furbaby Lexi is absolutely adorable!!!

Hi Nat - welcome - I would BD every other day while you are getting highs, then when you get peaks, go for it - every day for 3 days. GL!
Hi DaisyQ,
Thanks So Much!!! Great advice, I will definitely remember that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->