CBFM Buddy

I'm going to do the same thing Daisy, although I haven't told OH this yet :lol: Hopefully I'll BF and shall just hope that that keeps any ''surprises'' away for at least 6 months after the birth but after that I'm fair game :rofl: x

Yup - I told my husband the same thing. No way am I going back on birth control after all this. We will either be careful timing wise or be not so careful timing wise depending on how it all turns out.

5 days into the TWW - just hanging out. Have replaced OPKs with pregnancy tests, it helps me somewhat focus during the day to know that I know that today I am not pregnant YET. Definitely have some odd cramps (stabby type pains - not like AF pains) that I've never had before and more white CM than usual, but no other symptoms.

Had a mini breakdown last night b/c I am trying to change career fields (getting my masters now, will graduate in May) and I feel like it will be kind of stupid to get a whole new job in a new industry and then get pregnant and leave - I want to try to stay home for a year or so. But I hate feeling so stuck in my current field and like this whole other factor of my life hinges on whether and when I get pregnant. Which I have zero control over. Oh and I cried twice yesterday - once when talking about TTC with a friend on the drive in and once when freaking out about our upcoming performance reviews. So maybe slightly more emotional than usual as well.

my midwife told me your very very fertile after giving birth, especially if you have sex very quickly. But as you normally don't have regular periods immediately after giving birth you have to be careful for BFP / Ectopic risks.

i doubt we will try again once the baby is born, i think it will be about a year before we would even think about it. My dh is convinced this is a only child as we have had such a rocky road.......however i don't want a only child so i will have to find a way to convince him!!!

lots of love and BFP'S to you all xxx

:hugs: smyth. Hang in there. Hope this is your lucky cycle. As for the job stuff, get ahead of yourself. Try to focus on finishing school for now, and getting prego. The job stuff will fall into line, and everything will work out ok. No sense is stressing over all the what ifs, you know? I do this too - get way ahead of myself and stress about things far off into the future - worst case scenarios - and it's not good. :hugs:

I haven't thought too much about the plan for baby # 2, but my guess is I will breast feed, and not prevent and just see what happens. I don't know that I would go through fertility treatment again for a second child, but who knows. Once I get to 38 (my scary age), I'll make a decision at that point if we still have just the one (hopefully we will have by then!).

can i join?? im ttc since october 2010 ihave pcos but just got the cbfm so its my first month using it does anyone have any tips?? xxx

Welcome babygirl - I've got pretty regular cycles so the CBFM works as it should for me, but I know some of the ladies with longer cycles have some special tricks if you need them.

1. Make sure you look at the stick to ensure that the dye travels all the way through before you put it in the monitor - both Daisy and I have had some of the dye get stuck and it gives you a misreading. Your first cycle it asks for sticks starting on day 6.

2. If its working right, you'll get some lows, then 2-3 highs, 2 peaks, 1 high, and back to lows. On my first cycle, I got 4 highs. It learns your cycle so it can better predict each time.

3. The bottom line closest to the chipped end is the estrogen line, that is dark blue before estrogen surges, then fades out when it does surge. The upper line usually appears when your LH is surging and you get peak/high days. You don't need to know any of this, b/c the monitor uses the lines to read the sticks and give you your level, but its interesting.

4. I also use OPKs in addition to the CBFM to validate and do additional tests later in the day.

5. I don't know about anyone else, but I've found I have to be quite "assertive" when putting the stick in the monitor, I feel like I have to slam it down for the monitor to recognize it.

6. It will ask for sticks in batches of 10, so if you get your peak before CD16, it'll stop asking you for sticks, if you don't, it'll ask you for 10 more sticks.

7. You don't have to turn the thing on on days it doesn't ask for sticks (CD 1 - 5) and after your peaks. Just reset it when you get your period the next cycle. If you forget to give it a stick when it wants one, it'll predict based on what it knows about your cycle. You can only give it a stick (I sound like I'm talking about a dog) within the 3 hour window you set it in.

That about sums up all my knowledge on the subject - I'm only 2 months in to using it though :)

smythdm - sorry you've been upset :hugs: the cramps and the emotional highs all sound like good symptoms though!

Thank you :) Its definitely up and down feelings - this whole thing is a roller coaster of emotions, even for emotionally stable/hard to ruffle people. Which I am not. :)

Still a 'no-show' for AF. Lighter cramps. Going to the doc tomorrow anyway so will test then.
I'm sc....sc....sc...scared!

Exciting!! :yipee: I have a good feeling about this cycle for a lot of you for some reason! Not for myself though :( lol!

Lots of excitement in here for tomorrow...Daisy's IUI and Hopeful's BFP!!!!! :D :D

Jchic....where are you hunni????

Feeling a little worried. Been doing a lot of reading in iui threads, and it seems like most docs do iuis at 36 hours after trigger. I'm worried 24 hours after trigger will be too soon...

Thank you for all your support everyone! I am so nervous because I am still having a lot of cramping...
Good news is I have found an OBGYN so I hope to have a plan even if this isn't my bfp.
I'll let you all know as soon I do. I'm only going at 3:20 and I know there's a time difference so you might only see the result late tomorrow or when you wake up on Thursday!
xxx

good luck today hopeful and daisy!

afm cd 16 still no peak, bit of a temp rise this morning and when i went to put it in ff had deleted yesterdays dip! so i put it back in agian, probably wrong cos i cant really remember exactly what it was :dohh: anyone had ff do that before? i dont think i did o no pains and im sure its because the window was open and thats whyi got a dip, silly me, lol x

smythdm - sorry you've been upset :hugs: the cramps and the emotional highs all sound like good symptoms though!

talk about emotional, i flubbed my checkoff last night because i left my phone at work and was stressed out about our med math final, and i couldnt stop crying :cry:

even though all i had to do was "practice" (which i had all my steps right, i was just flustered under pressure) it was like someone had turned on the waterfountain in my eyes and i just couldnt stop! i was so embarassed after i aced it the second time...just one of those days i guess!! :dohh:

Hey all!

how is everyone? Sorry I missed so much action! Daisy - 24 hours is ok, DONT stress. Are they triggering you? Dont worry about what others say on threads....EVERYBODY is different, trust your doc :)

Creative, hopeful, melly, smyth, etc - how are you all? updates?

Went to RE, and LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!!!!! We are doing an IUI cycle with injectables next cycle and then moving to IVF. Super excited.
She said she thinks I may have mild endometriosis based on an endometrioma cyst she found, but she says she is going to monitor it now and not worry too much about it unless it changes. I feel confident for the 1st time!

Hey all!

how is everyone? Sorry I missed so much action! Daisy - 24 hours is ok, DONT stress. Are they triggering you? Dont worry about what others say on threads....EVERYBODY is different, trust your doc :)

Creative, hopeful, melly, smyth, etc - how are you all? updates?

Went to RE, and LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!!!!! We are doing an IUI cycle with injectables next cycle and then moving to IVF. Super excited.
She said she thinks I may have mild endometriosis based on an endometrioma cyst she found, but she says she is going to monitor it now and not worry too much about it unless it changes. I feel confident for the 1st time!

with the exception of last nights' little fiasco, im doing okay! trying to keep myself busy busy busy! also, just realized you are from NJ! i was born and raised in central/eastern NJ but moved to Ohio to be with my now DH! Did you get married on the beach by chance?

:hi: jchic!!! :hugs: Glad your appt went well and you love your new RE! :D

Daisy - how did your appt go????

Hopeful....fill us in...we need details missy!!! Are you prego??? :D

AFM - 1dpo so nada going on, we did not dtd last night :blush: DH was not at all interested, he's been working so late all week, he is just stressed and tired and I've hardly seen him at all. Maybe for like an hour tops each day. He's not even coming home tonight, working right through till his deadline which is tomorrow morning. Good News is that he is able to leave work early tomorrow so will be with us in the afternoon...I hope! So not feeling overly confident this will be the month as we only dtd twice, the 2 days before I o'd. If not its ok...I am done working myself up, it will happen when it happens and I am ok with it. God knows when the perfect time is, surely I do not!!

Oh guys :(
BFN
and my cramps have completely disappeared. Ever heard of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->