CBFM Buddy

Eh, the science is against imputation spotting. Spotting at any stage in the lp doesn't rule out pregnancy, but it decreases the likelihood. It's an old wives tale we tell ourselves to make us feel better. (I can link to the ff study if you want, cdtp has a smaller one with similar results).

Sorry, I just don't like the idea of filling myself with false hope. What will be will be. If I can get a bfp today, then I can get it on Tuesday. I have a history of taking hpt 10 mins before af starts, hence the waiting till properly late!

Exilius, your chart looks brilliant, I am so hoping for you

Welcome to all new ladies,

I am having most awful time at work, working nights and weekends, so stressed and exhausted, constant headache and most awfully it's CD6 and I totally forgot to start my CBFM. I wonder what it is going to say tomorrow, I just hope it works. Hubby is also disappointing, after almost 5 weeks of no beer, he started drinking again. not as much as before but it still affects his sperm

Welcome to all the new ladies :hugs: lovely to heaar all your stories and have some more people to share the journey with :dust: :dust:

Sorry I've not been around- awful week at work where I've nearly walke out a few times :-( so whilst I've been reading on my phone not been in the right place.

Exil- sending you lots of :dust: really hope this is it :hugs: and you're right, we're on month 13 now (but had a lot few cycles)

Garfie- hope you ovulate this cycle :hugs: :dust:

Chicky- how are you love? Af gone again now?? Xx
Charlie I am also ex-depo, have pcos and hubby has very slightly low morph but not concerned as everything else so high.

Austin hope AF hurries up so you can start actively trying

Hopeful- here is some more :dust: xx

Oh and Briss sorry hun- sorry hubby is drinking again, but the nhs NICE fertility guidelines seem to suggest that 3-4 units a day has no affect on sperm (guidelines from May 2012) so hopefully the change in vitamins will help :hugs: also really sorry that you're so stressed. I know that feeling and am applying for anything to get out! Xx

Well, its the evening and no sign of af, but have been feeling pretty terrible. I want to get my hopes up, but at the same time I don't.

Watched Juno with some friends today. First time since ttc - movie is completely different in that context.

Tink - I'm at the end of cycle 13, and approx half way through month 14.

Briss - hopefully hubby keeps it to a minimum.

Sophie - you about? How's it going?

Tink :hugs: hope work gets better. How's the job hunting? Not sure what the market is like back home, hopefully better than here.

Exil its pretty bad here too.. I can't stay in the same field as no jobs going at the right level and I'm “over qualified“ to be considered for a standard post :-( I am applying for anything and everything.. Pinning my hopes on an NHS job just hope I get an interview. Xx

Exil fxd crossed for you hun! Stay away witch! And I'm with garfie on this one. Ib is definately no old wives tale, mum had it with every one of us (all 8!) and said to me not long ago she was delighted when she saw af had arrived! Only to discover she was pregnant 2 days later. :haha: x

:wave: to all the new ladies, i've been very quiet. i was trying to make a soft-toy this evening which i finished, and it is somewhat crooked lol! however, i'm ok, just waiting. Af should be due Wed or Thu. and i'm at 10dpo... no symptoms whatsoever. boring.

Fxd for you piano! Sometimes no symptoms is a symptom in itself! :winkwink:

Afm cd9 and the cbfm asked me for a stick today. It was a low obviously so as I haven't many left and know I won't ov for at least another 7 days at best I will be feeding it the same one for a couple of days :thumbup: also ic's arrived today! All 40 of them! Thought I could use those to back up cbfm but seeing as I ordered hpt's not opks that won't be happening! :dohh: mind you I'm sure they won't go to waste :winkwink:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Love you all!

Chicky xxx

Temp plummeted, as expect. Red spotting for a few minutes last night, so af isn't far away. Had a terrible nightmare - friends family died, then my dad died (and my mum didn't tell me), but right at the end of the dream I got a bfp.

Chicky - I'm not saying some women don't bleed during lp in pregnancy cycles, just that bleeding in lp has a statistical significance and indicates a non-pregnancy cycle. I would rather put my faith in science than anecdotal evidence.

Oh I know. Some get it some don't. I wouldn't count myself out because of a bleed and regardless of what doctors or so called experts say I think the women who don't have a bleed of some description are the minority. X

Couldnt find the ff study, so here's the cdtp one https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/early-pregnancy-symptoms/spotting-during-luteal-phase.php

There was also a study by nurses where 1/10th of clinically pregnant women had some kind of spotting during the first 8 weeks.

Other studies have shown that spotting during any part of your pregnancy reduces the chances of live birth (either miscarriage or still birth chances increased).

These are statistically significant chances I'm talking about, meaning at the 95% confidence level (to minimise or rule out methodical and bias errors) there is still a clear correlation. It doesn't mean that some women wont bleed, or that bleeding Isnt the norm for some women, just that most women bleeding Is something worth getting checked out, because it is NOT the norm.

I dont come out with this spiel when people suggest others might be pregnant due to it, but I can't stand that kind of willful Ignorance of science being applied to me. Sorry.

That took a while to type out on my phone

Exil! Bloody hell why do I feel like I'm being drawn into something here! I see your point. But We are all here for the same thing Hun. And that is to offer support we dont get anywhere else. If you don't want Wilfull ignorance applied to you that's fine, but I see it as keeping positive and offering support and encouragement to each other , we all know how crap it is to get a bfn month after month. I like to keep the dream alive x

I know, that's why I keep my mouth shut when its talking about someone else.

Don't get me wrong, if I wasn't here for support (or wasn't getting/willing to give any) then I wouldn't hang around. I just personally don't want my hopes built up unnecessarily as it makes the bfn all the harder to swallow.

And as my work invokes a fair bit of application of studies, I tend to set a fair bit of test in science and statistics (but each to their own).

Sorry if I came across rude, I didn't mean to, I just wanted to explain my position.

On the other hand triphasic charts and plantation dip have a strong statistically significant correlation to pregnancy charts - so reading the studies isn't all bad :D

Fxd for you piano! Sometimes no symptoms is a symptom in itself! :winkwink:

Afm cd9 and the cbfm asked me for a stick today. It was a low obviously so as I haven't many left and know I won't ov for at least another 7 days at best I will be feeding it the same one for a couple of days :thumbup: also ic's arrived today! All 40 of them! Thought I could use those to back up cbfm but seeing as I ordered hpt's not opks that won't be happening! :dohh: mind you I'm sure they won't go to waste :winkwink:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Love you all!

Chicky xxx

Oh no! Ordering hCG ones instead of LH sounds exactly like something I would do! I bet that was a surprise hahaha :)

Lol I couldn't believe it! Had another look and it did say choose combination, there was a choice of how many of each you recieve :dohh: what a donut lol il have to remember that next time! At least now I know I can start peeing on sticks at about 2dpo without running out! :haha: x

Exilius, that dream of yours sounds really depressing, it's like how much one has to sacrifice to get this bfp... my usual dream last few months was me giving birth and holding a baby :( but most recently due do lots of stress at work in my dreams I review and mark up documents all night long, it's exhausting

for me personally spotting is not norm, I had spotting for a couple of years after termination with complications but then it gradually got back to normal, I was so happy about this until after having that bloody hysteroscopy i began to spot again for a day before and after AF, not a good sign. However, my mum told me she had light period during her pregnancy, strange but it does happen.

Chicky, you seem to spot often before your period, has this always been like this?

I missed testing on CD 6 and today on CD7 I got HIGH, wondering whether one missed day could have screwed the whole thing for me, I cant be bothered to temp, I feel like since I found out my hubby's SC I see no point in trying anymore

Never thought I would be so excited for the evil witch to show up in all my life. So excited to start using my CBFM! Not expecting much the first month, just getting used to the monitor and it getting to know me. But hopefully in a few months I will have a BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->