CBFM Buddy

Ugh, Mrs. B! I'm sorry. My husband told me last night that the wives of two colleagues are expecting babies #2 and 3. I know I should just be happy for them, but my gut reaction is plain ugly jealousy and aggravation. Just trying to keep my head and remember that trying for 4 months is not long, and totally normal.

Jchic, happy to see the rise in temps today. Glad you got your thyroid situation figured out!

Not yet time to POAS. My guess is that it will start asking tomorrow? What about you creative? Have you started POAS yet?

So Jchic and mamma, any symptom spotting going on?

So my hubby took me to Vermont for the weekend! Back to a place we stayed the first year we dated. Very romantic! Kinda glad I'm not preggo yet so I can enjoy wine this weekend! Hope you all are having a relaxing weekend!

Just as the two that got pregnant at the beginning of the year have theirs, another 2 pop up, hope this doesn't mean its only 2 at a time and I got to wait 9 months! lol

Hope your having a lovely time, sounds so romantic :)

I cant wait to find out whats happening with me so I can start POAS again, I secretly miss it! xx

Hi ladies,

Not been around for a few days. day 13 for me and still a low. I had been taking agnus castus the last three cycles but have not taken it this month - i hope this does not mess with my cycles too much.

how is everyone else?

Dawn

My monitor always seems to ask me to poas on CD9 for the first time, which will be tomorrow for me. So yay...finally something to obsess over. The beginning of each cycle is so boring :haha:

Daisy I hope you enjoy yourself, sounds like a wonderful weekend!!!
Mamma and jchic when are you girls testing??
:hi: Dawn, welcome back :flower:

Do you girls know if temps before o mean anything?? My temp shot way up this morning to almost 98 degrees...which is just very weird!!! I don't know what to think of it???

Hi everyone....I'm visiting family this weekend, so I won't be on much.
Had some cramping and backache today which makes me think I'm out for this month bc this always happens about 5 days before af.....Grrrr:growlmad:

Daisy... So glad you had an awesome weekend away!

Won't be testing until at least the 9th or 10th!

Jchic- how you feelin?

jchic and mamma I will pray that your cramps are pregnancy related!! :D

I got to pee on my 1st stick this morning :dance: It was LOW of course but hey its a starting point...woot! lol :) My temp went from 97.91 to 97.21 this morning :shrug: Do you think new vitamins do things to your temps?? On a side note we put our Christmas tree up last night, it officially feels like Christmas now, my kids are so excited its cute! :)

Hi ladies!

Creative, I wouldn't worry too much about one elevated temp. Didcyou have a restless night the other night? Or maybe you are fighting off a cold? Was it the morning after the party? Less sleep and drinking can really affect you temp. In any case, it's back down now.

Mamma and Jchic, really hope those are preggo signs!! Not too much longer before you'll know for sure.

Dawn Louise, welcome back!

Afm, monitor asked for it's first stick today, and it's low. No big surprise there. Creative, it's so funny how we are identical cycle twins! I just hope we get preggo the same cycle so we can be bump buddies with the same due date!

In other news, I "practiced" with the soft cup last night. It went in easy, couldn't feel it once it was in, and wasn't too bad coming out. Could definitely reach it, but it was a little tricky pulling it out because it was kind of suction cupped onto me. Tmi? Sorry! I had to kind of break the seal, and then pulled it out. It was a tad uncomfortable, but not bad. I will try it again when it matters. The only thing I worry about, is what if the semen are not already at my cervix when I insert the cup? I worry that the cup will actually be in the way, and form a barrier, or will push the stuff away from where it's supposed to be. Mamma any thoughts on this? I have read some really compelling success stories though, which makes me want to try it.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!

Daisy I hope so too...it will be awesome if we both get preggo the same month!!! :D I sleep really well actually, hardly ever wake during the night, I guess from having a busy day with my kids, I am pooped :haha: My daughter is sick with a cold so maybe I am fighting it off?? I feel fine though. :shrug:

I must google these soft cups I know nothing about them! Do they keep the sperm from falling back out afterwards?

I find that i worry about the same thing with softcups...so this is what i do...studies say that sperm can enter the cervix within the first few minutes after deposit! So i wait with my legs and bum up in the air for at least 5-10 min. then insert the softcup...usually i don't get any leakage, so im guessing if there was any that werent already up near cervix then it would come out even with the softcup there...

so, looked up my past cycles and at 7dpo i was already spotting....no spotting yet. hoping it stays away.

Also, my girlfriend, who lives in another state called to tell me that she got this strange feeling that i was preg. or gonna be preg soon and had to call to ask. I just had to laugh. how weird. i hope she's right! :haha:

jchic?? whats cookin?

Daisy and cre8tiv...woot for poas!

HI Ladies,

anyone care to share their experiences with soft cups..... I kind of want to use them but think DH will be against them... anyone had that issue.

Right now i have a bum pillow ( a dedicated one that lives under the bed until high and peak day's) LOL and i lie with that in place for 30 mins after :sex: but still when i get up there will be a little leakage - TMI - it does not drip out until i get to the bathroom and sit on the toilet. I am wondering whether to get soft cupse, use my bum pillow for thirty minutes then go to bathroom (waddling with legs closed LOL), crouch as if using the toilet and catch the leakage in the soft cup and then insert (using pre-seed too), wonder if this would work or be a waste of time - what do you think?

Dawn

I use soft cups, but I would suggest putting it in before getting up. I get on with them well as it stops all leaking :) x

DawnLouise~ I would put them in before you get up...after you are done BDing...just slide one it. it goes in pretty easily! Good Luck!

Hi girls I am jumping in here I know......I used softcups this month and got my BFP, I put in some pre seed before BD then put in cup afterwards hubby just laughed it off............I also used EPO, Wheatgerm oil, CBFM, Grapefruit juice and it did the trick was the 5th month TTC...and we BD'd everyday for 5 days leading up to O. Mammawannabee - I read a previous post re flu jab......I had flu jab in first few days of this cycle (I am a nurse too)....it did mess with my temps as they were high and I discarded a few but I got preggo anyway!! I also had a tooth infection and took antibiotics before implantation happened...which was a bit flukey really!! Good luck girls xx

Quick update...Scans show signs of pcos, blood tests required to confirm x

Hey all! How was everyones wknd? Any updates?
Mamma- how r u feeling? I am having Some af cramps. Yuck!
Mrs B- what can they do abt PCOS?

Hi all!

Jchic hope those cramps are implantation related!

Coastgirl, Congrats on the bfp, and thanks for sharing your ttc tips. Really hoping the soft cups help this cycle.

Dawnlouise I agree with the other gals, put in soft cup before getting up to prevent leakage. I'm going to keep in on the bedside table for easy access.

Mrs b, sorry to hear about pcos, but at least now you know what the issue is. I think meds are very effective, and first line if teatment might be Clomid? Have also heard of docs prescribing metformin.

Creative and mamma, how are you ladies today?

Afm, low on the monitor. Feeling really blue today. Had a great weekend away with the the dh but then got into an argument last night. All is fine today, but I was really upset last night, and still feeling sad today. Plus, went to the gyno today (new one) and while she was very nice, she told me that it's standard to wait a year before running any fertility tests. I was hoping that because I'm 34 tomorrow, and because we've been trying for 4 months (not long, I know) with the help of opks and now CBFM, that we could at least check my bloodwork and maybe do a SA. But no. She wants me to come back in 6 months for another pap, and said we can talk about it then. Blech. Just feeling discouraged. I'm glad I have that other appointment set up with the RE. I was just hoping to get the ball rolling with some bloodwork this cycle. Of note, she did say that a 11 day LP should not pose any problem getting preggo. Just not sure how much stock I put in her answer since she seemed pretty dismissive of my fertility concerns in general. She said 34 is still young - if that's true than why is 35 conidered old and high risk?? How much more incremental risk can occur over 12 months? Grr. Sorry for the rant. She did say that it's frustrating ttc because 1+2 doesn't automatically = baby. Like you can be doing everything right, but it might stll take a year and that's normal. On one hand it's reassuring to hear that, on the other hand, the book TCOYF basically says that if you are ovulating (confirmed by temping) and you are having well timed sex, then basically you should get pregnant within 6 months. Or less. It says to seek help after 4-6 months of ttc if you are ovulating, having well timed sex, and aren't getting preggo, especially if you are over 30 and especially especially if you are closer to 35 or over. Sigh. Feeling a little defeated/deflated.

I'm not sure to be honest, I think I need to read up when its confirmed, but dont want to ready until I know for sure, I have a phone consultation with a doctor tomorrow, so not sure what thats about xx

Daisy- dont be down and Happy Bday!!!! Remember you have plenty of time and youre completely on your game and totally aware of your body. It does take time even if timed perfectly. Statistics will kick in for us. Its 90% in our favor! Its frustrating to want something so bad and now. But God will definitely bless us with our babies!
I am having cramps so I think AF is on her way. I have an 11-12 day lp so any day now. I am soooo tired. I took a sick day today and slept so much! Talk abt lazy!

Thanks Jchic. I know you are right and I know in my heart of hearts it will happen eventually. I think I would just feel more at ease to know for sure that there is nothing wrong with either of us. What bothers me is the fear that there is something that should be addressed (thyroid, low progesterone, thin uterine lining, blocked tube(s), LUFS, low sperm count are some of my concerns). I worry that if there IS something wrong, I am possibly wasting months before getting diagnosed and treated. I feel like if I had confirmation that all my hormones and anatomy and DH's sperm are all normal, than I could relax into the "process" a little more without worrying that all this trying is futile because there could be an underlying issue. I know I must sound really paranoid and negative... I guess I am feeling a lot of pressure because we want to have more than one child and I'm really just feeling the time crunch. Really the one thing I am hanging onto is that this fertility doc we'll see next month will run all the tests (I guess that's why they get paid the big bucks - to deal with hysterical lady patients like me) to give me that peace of mind that I'm looking for. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to optimize our chances each month....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->