CBFM Buddy

So ladies... My boobs have been super sore the past few days. This is pre-o! Just now I felt stabbing pains on my left side. Does anyone else have breast tenderness at this point in their cycle? I thought this was supposed to happen only post o??

I'm OUT!!!! Started spotting today and temps dipped WAYYY low. Booooo

I was just looking at your chart.:hugs: I am so sorry. :nope: I know you must be feeling down. We are all here for you. Maybe the thyroid meds will help? And think of it this way, who wants to be 9 months preggo in late august?! (trying to find some silver lining here). Much better to be that pregnant in a cooler month. :shrug: maybe?

We shall see. Definitely. Do you think you'll add anything new to the mix? Or maybe the thyroid meds will do the trick. I keep trying to remind myself that 1+2 does not = 3, when it comes to baby making. It's so hard because if you are doing everything right, and there's no bfp, itmskes you feel like there must be something wrong. I read yesterday, that most times when you dont get preggo there was something wrong with that egg. A genetic mutation, or a hard "shell" that prevented fertilization, or an egg that just couldnt implant. I guess this is why it takes so long - conditions have to be right for the sperm to meet egg, timing had to be right for sperm to meet egg, and egg has got to be a good one! Fx for all of us for robust eggs. I'm hoping the b6 helps with that...

Doctor confirmed pcos from my symptoms although bloods weren't that bad, got another appointment in a weeks time to discuss ovulation meds and diabetes meds. Xx

We shall see. Definitely. Do you think you'll add anything new to the mix? Or maybe the thyroid meds will do the trick. I keep trying to remind myself that 1+2 does not = 3, when it comes to baby making. It's so hard because if you are doing everything right, and there's no bfp, itmskes you feel like there must be something wrong. I read yesterday, that most times when you dont get preggo there was something wrong with that egg. A genetic mutation, or a hard "shell" that prevented fertilization, or an egg that just couldnt implant. I guess this is why it takes so long - conditions have to be right for the sperm to meet egg, timing had to be right for sperm to meet egg, and egg has got to be a good one! Fx for all of us for robust eggs. I'm hoping the b6 helps with that...

Hey!

The thyroid meds I am not on yet. I go to the doc tomorrow, but my levels were normal and within range except for the antibodies, which they dont normally treat, BUT my doc is "advanced" and will treat it. My thyroid was I think a 2.0 and the range is between .04-3.0 so I hope that helps but I am not too worried.
My obgyn prescribed femara 2 months ago and I never took it, so I am going to try that this cycle between cd 3-7 and they monitor with an ultrasound. He says it will produce a big fat egg, LOL. I HOPE that helps! How are you feeling?

Sorry about the pcos mrs b, but at least now you know and can take steps to address it. Lots of women have this issue, and it seems that Clomid is a bit of a wonder drug. My stepdaughter's mom conceived her on Clomid (didn't take long) and conceived #2 naturally, while taking a break from IVF. Another woman I know from mumsnet was trying forever (over 2 years I think) before she was diagnosed with pcos, and she got preggo in first round of Clomid. Is your hubby also getting a SA? Just curious. Anyway, I'm very optimistic for you, as there's lots they can do for you, now that you know what the issue is!

Jchic, from what I've read, b6 helps develop follicles, which supports a healthy corpus luteum, which helps extend the luteal phase and boost progesterone levels, which makes implantation more likely. My number 1 priority when I go see the re is to get my progesterone levels checked.

Mrs b, another thing that might help you is to try a high protein, high fiber, lower carb and low glycemic index diet. This would mean cutting down on sugar (fruit is ok, but juice, milk, soda, and sweets would need to be cut down or avoided) and refined, processed grains (cut down on cereal, bread, crackers, etc). Fish, eggs, meat, cheese, greek yogurt, fruit, veggies, beans/legumes, root vegetables, whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, faro, bulghur, barley, buckwheat are all good. The main focus would be on protein, veg and fruit. The reason for a lower carb, low glycemic index diet is because pcos is associated with higher insulin levels, and carbs, especially refined carbs, trigger high release of insulin as well..

Wow I missed so much!! Aww I'm so sorry Jchic :( I was so excited for you yesterday when you said you were tired, I guess AF can do the same then? Giant :hugs: for you hun...I know just how you feel. On to a New Years bfp then!! B6 is used to lengthen your LP and stop spotting.

Not glad that you have POCS hun but glad that you can now take steps to get pregnant with help. I am hopeful things will happen for you soon!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAISY!!!!! :cake: I hope your special day is fantastic just like you!! :hugs:

Oh, and Jchic, the b6 should really be in a complex with the other b vitamins. I've read that you should start with a b50 complex to start, and then increase in following months if you are not seeing results (longer LP, less spotting, bfp). I think most women take b50 or b100, but it's safe to go as high as b200. I started the b50 last month, but too late in my cycle. My LP did extend by one day though. I'm going to continue the b 50 this month, and maybe bump to b100 next month depending on how long this LP will be and what the spotting is like.

Aww! Thanks creative! You're so sweet!!!

I'm not taking the B complex this month I've switched it up and am just taking the plain B6, I know it needs to be taken with other B vitamins but they are all in my prenatal so I take the B6 at the same time as my prenatal, not sure if its going to work or not but it did take most of the spotting away at the end of AF this month!! I was super impressed with that alone! :D

as usual I miss a ton while sleeping during the day. :haha:

Happy Birthday DAISY!!!!

Jchic~ boo! I'm so sorry you started spotting...i know what that feels like. I am expecting to see some spotting myself...any day now! what day po are you? I'm 9dpo today.

Mrs.B ~ what are your symptoms with PCOS? I am sorry that it is a confirmed diagnosis, but at least you can start treating and get that bfp!! Woot.

Cre8tiv~ whats shakin? You still getting lows??

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY DAISYYYY!!!!! woohoo! Celebrate girl :)

Mamma - I am 11DPO today. I hope the witch stays FAR AWAY from you?
Mrs B - Ask your doc about Femara!!!
Cre8tiv - how are you? Any highs yet?

AFM - my prenatal has 50mg of B6, do I need anymore?

Geee, i have not been on for a few days and then had pages to read through :winkwink:

I don't feel like i 'know' you ladies much, but i am not as active on here.... nethertheless i enjoy reading your posts.

as for me - Day 18 for me and still low on the monitor :growlmad: i did not get my first high till day 21 last month but the month before that my first high was day 16..... so apart from costing me a fortune in sticks the monitor is confusing..... it just seems odd that i ovulate at different times each month, but it can differ by up to 4 or so days each time.
i have not taken agnus castus this month as i did not think it was working anyway..... I just wish my cycles would even out. I am finding this TTC hard (as i know most of us are)..... i don't even have the energy for :sex: (demanding job and some later nights at work at the moment). I find myself getting into bed and hoping DH does not try any funny business (if you get what i mean) because i am so tired. i find i govern myself by the monitor so mentally think 'oh well, if its low then i don't need to dtd', i know this is not a good way to think of it..... I need better ways to motivate myself (and sometimes DH) when it comes to :sex: its becoming routine and all about TTC and i don't like that :nope:

sorry turned into a rant. DH i out, so off to run a warm bath, hot chocolate and early night. :sleep:

Dawn

Thanks for all the b'day wishes ladies!

Jchic, I think 50 mg of B6 is enough. Most prenatals and MVI have very little (like 2 mg!).

DawnLouise, I know what you mean. It's very easy to get sucked into that mentality where BDing can become a chore. And you don't do it unless the monitor tells you to. I'm not sure what advice to give you, other than to try to take good care of yourself, rest up, take good care of your hubby emotionally, and try to go out and have some fun together that's not about BDing. Maybe if you go out for a nice dinner, or have a cozy night at home watching a movie, it might set the mood? Also, maybe this is TMI, but I was getting frustrated in other months because I was forcing myself to BD when really not in the mood, and it really didn't feel good because I didnt' have much lubrication naturally. Which then made me want to BD even less because I didn't want to feel sore! Using preseed really helped with that. I use that, and even if I'm not 100% percent in the mood, it still feels pretty good and I end up getting into it. I sound like a commercial!

Also, I think ovulation date can really vary month to month (by a few days anyway, not sure about a week or more) and can be affected by stress etc. If your cycles are very irregular or long, you might want to go get checked out to see if there's anything else going on. But this is advice from a self-admitted hypochondriac, so do what you will!

Thanks DaisyQ,

I have preseed but have only been using it at fertile times (it's not that cheap and with cbfm sticks etc etc the costs are mounting LOL), but yeah it always feels a bit better with pre-seed, especially if i am not quite feeling the whole baby dancing thing...... i think i have mentally let go off december as being an option, going to enjoy works xmas do and then family time at christmas, and just enjoy DH....... i had two psychic readings (which i take with a pinch of salt) but one told me that i would conceive for march 2012 with the 12th being a special day (that will actually be our first year wedding anniverary) so we shall see. the other said she saw a conception in february 2012 - we shall see. if no conception by March then off to the dr's for us, that would make 15 months off the pill and thirteen months actively trying - with 6 months using CBFM.

i guess good things come to those that wait hopefully :)

Dawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->